Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Couple of anti-vax gems

Posted by Cambion 
Couple of anti-vax gems
December 12, 2018
https://www.boredpanda.com/anti-vaccination-mom-leukemia-dance-school/

A woman finds out that one of the other girls from her kid's dance class is unvaccinated. Her daughter's best friend is immunocompromised due to treatment for leukemia (and is in remission). This woman is not full of anti-vax bullshit logic and knows what a threat an unvaccinated child poses to this little girl whose immune system is still fried from chemo. Decides to un-invite the walking petri dish from her daughter's birthday party to keep her kid's BFF safe and explained the reasoning to the anti-vax Moo, thinking that said Moo would understand.

Silly girl! Anti-vax heifer throws a tantrum and decides to try and get the birthday girl kicked out of dance school for her mother discriminating against Moo's widdle germ vector. Sane mother talks to the owner of the dance school and a new rule is implemented saying that children must be up to date on their vaccinations in order to join.

I'm sure there was a shitfit to end all shitfits on Moo's end and I'm sure she's busy plotting revenge and writing bad Yelp reviews about the place since she doesn't see any of this as a safety concern, but just a bunch of meanie-heads picking on her innocent child. Which, in a way, is true - they are "punishing" the kid for its mother's bad behavior. But they're also doing it to keep other kids safe.

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/9fx4co/my_daughter_was_bit_by_a_raccoon_with_rabies_my/

Guy's kid gets bitten by a raccoon that might be rabid (he killed a foamy raccoon nearby, but didn't know if it was the same one). Wants to take kid to the hospital for rabies shots like a sane person might do. Moo-Wife is very much against this because vaccines are EVIL, dontcha know! I thought anti-vaxers might be willing to make an exception for a disease that will kill their child, but apparently the most hardcore anti-vaxers won't even agree to rabies shots because having the dead is better than having the autism, I guess.

Guy has to ask if it would be considered kidnapping to take his daughter to the hospital against his retarded wife's wishes. I don't think it's illegal since they aren't separated and there's no custody issues, but I wouldn't doubt it would lead to an ugly divorce. The OP never posts any follow-up, so nobody knows what happened. My guess is it's either a throwaway account or a load of bullshit. I can only hope it's fake and that there aren't people who would allow their children to die from a 100% fatal and 100% preventable illness just because of their ass-backwards logic.
Re: Couple of anti-vax gems
December 12, 2018
For the first one, if I read any type of review, Yelp or otherwise, which starts with the phrase, "As a mother", I automatically discount it. Moos can be unhinged much of the time. I'm glad that the school has changed its policy on vaccinations. I hope that more businesses implement this policy.

As for the second story, the moo is insane. I think the guy SHOULD do what he knows is right, and save his kid. If moo tries to stop him from physically taking the kid for the shots, I think he should call the cops. I don't know if it would do much, and it would likely cause a divorce, but yanno...ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
December 12, 2018
Ah, Anti-vaxxers. The Darwin Awardists among breeders.

Always a shitshow of self-righeousness at the costs of their own spawn's health and life.
Good thing schools or any places with a high accumulation of kydz are waking up and finally make senseful rules.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom & Art & Music >>>>>>>>>> human spawn

"Music is immortal. People are not."
-William Anger, "King's Story" - Thief2 FM by Zontik
December 13, 2018
On the bright side, it seems there are a handful of countries that are making childhood vaccinations mandatory under threat of a fine to discourage the anti-vaccination movement. I can only hope it catches on in America, though I wonder to what extremes breeders will go to avoid vaccinating their kids (because you KNOW they'd try to get around it). I think bullshit philosophical/personal exemptions are no longer accepted as valid reasons for not vaccinating your kids either, so they're gonna have to try a little harder to neglect their kids if the mandatory shots law comes here.
December 14, 2018
Anti-vax: because death is better than autism. eye rolling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login