Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

O Holy Shit, it’s a Christmas Pageant

Posted by cj 
O Holy Shit, it’s a Christmas Pageant
December 16, 2018
For some reason, my better half and I still go to church. We both have doubts, but we go to try to figure things out, FWIW.

But today, it really wasn’t about God or Jesus. It’s about all the Church kyds and the yearly Christmas program! As if the little buggers aren’t already full of themselves. Everybody had a least one line to speak, more or less read from the overhead projectors. A few teachers stood in the back to “direct” the whole mess. The “angels”of kindergarten and first grade shouted two Christmas songs (they sure as hell weren’t singing), and the parunts and grandparunts just ate it up. You’d think they were watching a Broadway musical. An actual Baybee played Jesus—a few months old I guess—and of course squawked and squealed through most of it. I hate to say I bailed part way through it, but I did. My husband was an usher today, so of course we couldn’t leave early.

So many people have to bring extra kyds to see their siblings on stage, or else to attention whore in general. My God, WHY do we have to do this every year? It’s a big to-do about famblees, not so much about the Christmas story. And who even knows whether that’s real...
Re: O Holy Shit, it’s a Christmas Pageant
December 16, 2018
I feel ya totally, thats for sure.
That noise level (both the brats themselves and the cooing pro-natalist shitheads) must've been hell.
Because of my music contacts/gigs I end up in churches or christian groups far more often than I would like, and the amount of noisy brats, pro-natalist sheep'n'shouters, pro-life dickheads and other unpleasant characters of that sort is a sheer mass there.
I often leave these places with a high amount of rage inside, about these narrow-minded religio-breeders.
And I gotta say, there's barely any recording of a gig of mine in these places that is NOT ruined by a bloody-murder-screaming brat of various age.
Eeesh.
Sometimes I seriously ask myself if these gigs are really worth the trouble.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom & Art & Music >>>>>>>>>> human spawn

"Music is immortal. People are not."
-William Anger, "King's Story" - Thief2 FM by Zontik
December 16, 2018
Because at this time of year, it's allllllll about "famible" and the brats that go with it. I avoid church like the plague, not because I'm an atheist and that's fine to be one, but because I find it to be a twisted version of religion. I have had people tell me that I was going to Hell just because I didn't go to their church and that their church was the only "true" church. Nevermind what my beliefs were, they were wrong because I wasn't in their church. I find that to be even more so this time of year and pointing out how much they've taken from the pagans is enough to be told I'm going to Hell.

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
December 17, 2018
I avoid organized religion generally. I've seen what it does to people when they think they are better than everyone else and they have a corner on the Truth. (Very un-Jesus-like by the way.)

What is happening in churches is symptomatic of what's happening in most institutions: children, although they are not the majority population in the U.S., are considered The Most Important Thing and everything is geared toward them. It's nauseating, particularly it's adults who are keeping most churches going, quite often the childless, empty nester or CF. Fambilies with children are usually takers, as opposed to givers.
December 17, 2018
This is one thing (out of many) I'm glad I don't have to bother with: going to your kids' stupid bullshit pageants (because you have to) and pretending like you give a crap. Of course you have all the other parents there prancing around the room with their cameras zooming in on their brats because they think screaming a song as loud as possible constitutes talent and they want to shove the video in their coworkers' faces the following day.

I remember hating every single fucking pageant/concert I was in as a kid, and up until about the fifth grade or so, you HAD TO take part in it. Sure, some kids had solos or duets who wanted to get up and sing/scream, but usually the entire class had to sing at least 2-3 songs. I hated it because it meant dressing up and being in front of people, which, as an introvert, is fucking torture. I still can't handle being the center of attention and I'm in my thirties.

There's no way these parents actually enjoy this shit, even when it's their own kids. But they go out of obligation and also so they can have something to post on Fakebook that will earn them some udder rubs.
December 17, 2018
bell_flower
Very un-Jesus-like by the way.

The 'sweetest' thing about these wannachristian breeders is, that they totally overlook the fact that early christianity was antinatalist too, as well as the christian worldview itself.
AND that Jesus himself literally blessed childfree people, never said a word about "procreation is a must", and even emphasized, that true family is not the "bloodrelated famblee", but friends who really like each other's company (or in Jesus' case - followers).
I mean yeah, he blessed children too, but even during that bible story, Jesus just says that its okay and nice, if someone "accomodates" a child. That definetly sounds like adoption to me - not spawning more.

Twisting the facts at its finest... nice going, ruining Jesus' positive messages, breeder assholes.
And that by mixing archaic stuff from the old testament in there, which is full of brutality, breeder- and anti-woman sentiment.

(I'm not religious, btw. I just like the peaceful and positive parts of the Jesus teachings. They do kind of resonate.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom & Art & Music >>>>>>>>>> human spawn

"Music is immortal. People are not."
-William Anger, "King's Story" - Thief2 FM by Zontik
December 17, 2018
Cambion
This is one thing (out of many) I'm glad I don't have to bother with: going to your kids' stupid bullshit pageants (because you have to) and pretending like you give a crap. Of course you have all the other parents there prancing around the room with their cameras zooming in on their brats because they think screaming a song as loud as possible constitutes talent and they want to shove the video in their coworkers' faces the following day.

I remember hating every single fucking pageant/concert I was in as a kid, and up until about the fifth grade or so, you HAD TO take part in it. Sure, some kids had solos or duets who wanted to get up and sing/scream, but usually the entire class had to sing at least 2-3 songs. I hated it because it meant dressing up and being in front of people, which, as an introvert, is fucking torture. I still can't handle being the center of attention and I'm in my thirties.

There's no way these parents actually enjoy this shit, even when it's their own kids. But they go out of obligation and also so they can have something to post on Fakebook that will earn them some udder rubs.

Ugh, Cambion. This totally reminds me of when I was in grade 3, and there was this school play coming up. It was supposed to be some kind of class play, and guess who was voted to be the pretend teacher because I had glasses and a short haircut? I didn't even want to be in the fucking play in the first place. I was supposed to be the teacher, and the play was about a teacher and her class. I was mortified. The lines for the teacher in the play were much more complicated and difficult, and the kids in my class at the time were major bullies to me. The day of the play, I literally got so sick to my stomach, I was in the school bathroom the whole day. When the time for this damned thing to go ahead, I forgot half my lines. It was a fucking NIGHTMARE, and it set me up for more bullying from the other kids later.

I resent that my teacher did that to me. I know that I looked the part, because of the hair and glasses, but I should have been asked, rather than been volunteered by someone else. If I'd been asked, I would have politely bowed out of that.

As for the church thing? I'm so glad that I don't attend anymore. There wasn't much of that going on in the Catholic church, but still. I am with the other posters about the hypocrisy of the church, and how it treats women as second-class citizens. Add into the mix the fact that the altar boys are basically pickins for the priests, I'm out.
December 18, 2018
addiea raine
Because at this time of year, it's allllllll about "famible" and the brats that go with it. I avoid church like the plague, not because I'm an atheist and that's fine to be one, but because I find it to be a twisted version of religion. I have had people tell me that I was going to Hell just because I didn't go to their church and that their church was the only "true" church. Nevermind what my beliefs were, they were wrong because I wasn't in their church. I find that to be even more so this time of year and pointing out how much they've taken from the pagans is enough to be told I'm going to Hell.

Patton Oswalt
Sky Cake (Video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZtR43MIkII
December 19, 2018
cj
For some reason, my better half and I still go to church. We both have doubts, but we go to try to figure things out, FWIW.

But today, it really wasn’t about God or Jesus. It’s about all the Church kyds and the yearly Christmas program! As if the little buggers aren’t already full of themselves. Everybody had a least one line to speak, more or less read from the overhead projectors. A few teachers stood in the back to “direct” the whole mess. The “angels”of kindergarten and first grade shouted two Christmas songs (they sure as hell weren’t singing), and the parunts and grandparunts just ate it up. You’d think they were watching a Broadway musical. An actual Baybee played Jesus—a few months old I guess—and of course squawked and squealed through most of it. I hate to say I bailed part way through it, but I did. My husband was an usher today, so of course we couldn’t leave early.

So many people have to bring extra kyds to see their siblings on stage, or else to attention whore in general. My God, WHY do we have to do this every year? It’s a big to-do about famblees, not so much about the Christmas story. And who even knows whether that’s real...

I so would have boycotted this shitshow.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
December 19, 2018
cassia
addiea raine

Patton Oswalt
Sky Cake (Video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZtR43MIkII

I thought I was going to piss myself watching this! I want skycake!

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login