Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moo actually punished for hot car deaths

Posted by cfdavep 
Moo actually punished for hot car deaths
December 17, 2018
https://www.yahoo.com/news/judge-gives-mom-40-years-223921358.html

Teen moo leaves sprogs in hot car and they die horrible deaths while she hit the bars. Moo gets 40 years.

I don't think many teens understand consequences and tend to think things will work out with no thought to the future and this is the result. She will be 59 when she gets out of prison
Re: Moo actually punished for hot car deaths
December 17, 2018
All parents who kill their kids should be punished like this. I'm afraid if she'd been in her 30s and left them in the car so she could go to church functions, she'd have gotten a pass, though.
December 17, 2018
Well, at least they got this one. Kittehpeoples has a point...there may have been a bias toward "let's teach this reckless teen a lesson". But at least something was finally done to someone who neglected their kids and put them in danger.

And unless there's really bizarre circumstances, there should be punishment like this. You just killed two children...why on earth shouldn't there be?
December 17, 2018
She delayed a trip to the hospital for fear the docs would catch on and tried to save them at home with cold water. When she went to the hospital they offered her a free bed while they tried to save them, but she chose to pay for a hotel.

I think these teens hope that the duhs will support them after having the kid and when they find out the duh is gone, the kid goes from investment to cost and they do not give a crap anymore and go on with their lives.

I think the suburban moos will continue to get off though
December 17, 2018
It's a big story o' fail. Moo was inside partying and having sex while her kids died. Let's hope she's not gestating another one and the state will have to step in.

They also charged a 16 year old kid with first degree murder.

"At one point, a 16-year-old at the party who didn't want to sleep in the shed slept in Hawkins' car with the girls.

When he awoke at 8 a.m., he rolled up the windows, brought the key inside and told Hawkins he was leaving. The teen, Kevin Franke, is also charged in the girls' deaths with two counts of first-degree murder, according to court documents obtained by People."

I hope he has a good lawyer. Manslaughter or negligence may be appropriate but he was a dumb 16 year old and he had no legal responsibility for these kids.

ETA: The circumstances made the difference: not watching her kids for 18 hours, partying, having sex, etc. A white Christian mom or Dud who "forgets" to take the kid to daycare will get off most of the time.
December 18, 2018
bell_flower
I hope he has a good lawyer. Manslaughter or negligence may be appropriate but he was a dumb 16 year old and he had no legal responsibility for these kids.

That's a stretch, I would think-- I agree, manslaughter or negligence for older kids who knew they were in the car, but a murder charge for a 16 year old who wasn't their caretaker?

I also find it interesting that at least one of the accounts stresses that she was having sex-- if she had been volunteering in a soup kitchen, would the outcome be different? I really get the feeling that the judge is not punishing her for murder but for being a teen with a sex life.

Clearly she's an idiot and a terrible moo and a murderer, but the articles I've read do have a "fornication is evil!" vibe.
December 18, 2018
"but a murder charge for a 16 year old who wasn't their caretaker?"

That reminds me of the woman in PA who was either friend's with or dating the guy with kids and she went to look at the raging river after the hurriane. She did not risk her life to jump in and save the toadler and was charged. It seems like they will go after anyone they can
December 18, 2018
"She did not risk her life to jump in and save the toadler and was charged."

Not only was she charged---she went to jail.

Someone will wade in with specifics but I don't think she could swim and of course it's TOTALLY OUTRAGEOUS that she was convicted when I believe the Dud, who had legal responsibility for the kid, was not.
December 19, 2018
bell_flower

Someone will wade in with specifics but I don't think she could swim and of course it's TOTALLY OUTRAGEOUS that she was convicted when I believe the Dud, who had legal responsibility for the kid, was not.

That is fucking awful.
December 20, 2018
bell_flower

The woman's name was Susan Newkirk and the case was in Pennsylvania. Another member here searched legal databases and found that she had lost her appeal and so she had to serve her time. Details in this thread from 2011:

http://www.refugees.bratfree.com/read.php?2,159716,160092
December 20, 2018
I guess the father of the kid that drowned escaped jail AND got his PNA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login