Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Women who choose not to have children are disagreeable

Posted by freya 
Women who choose not to have children are disagreeable
December 21, 2018
First off, this is an article written regarding Mr. Peterson who makes the statement that women who choose not to have children are disagreeable.

Disagreeable isn't defined by Mr. Peterson so here is one definition (source:https://www.dictionary.com/browse/agreeable):

to one's liking; pleasing: agreeable manners; an agreeable sensation.
willing or ready to agree or consent: Are you agreeable to my plans for Saturday?
suitable; conformable (usually followed by to): practice agreeable to theory.

So I guess the million dollar question is, disagreeable in what context?

I do find it telling that the article doesn't state that people who choose to not have children are disagreeable. Disagreeable is defined in the article as a combination of kindness, empathy, and cooperativeness. This is offensive, how can anyone who has empathy think it is a good idea to bring kids into an overpopulated world? And how about empathy preventing a woman from breeding because she isn't able to afford kids or doesn't want to pass on an illness to kids. I really don't consider a person kind for breeding, especially if she/he lacks the financial, emotional or psychological maturity to be a parent. Is child abuse kind, does it reflect empathy/cooperation from the parents?

I completely agree with the statement: people in modern society who choose to not have children may be considered disagreeable in the sense that they do not conform to the norms of society. But overall it reflects a bad choice of an adjective and the fact that it pinpoints women is irksome and sexist.

See link here:https://fee.org/articles/jordan-b-peterson-isnt-criticizing-women-when-he-discusses-agreeableness/

Another of Mr. Peterson's illuminating opinions "Last year James Damore, an engineer, was fired from Google after claiming that women are biologically less suited than men to writing software. “Damore got it right, for sure,” says Peterson. (source of this gem:https://www.ft.com/content/7d2e6802-6040-11e8-ad91-e01af256df68)

I would love to know what it is about my biology that hinders me as an engineer before I continue learning Python, ML and neural networks. I'd be forlorn to learn all of that just to discover my uterus or the location of my urethra will prevent me from utilizing the skills I've learned.

My first instinct is Mr. Peterson has buyer's remorse and is passively-aggressively expressing this by targeting women who choose not to have kids (and aren't his primary financial supporters either). Perhaps there is a good argument that some of these women may have higher IQs than him (and the men who choose to not have children as well, they just weren't targeted or even mentioned). Or perhaps these women have lots of empathy and watched mothers suffer when they were children and don't want to succumb to the same fate or subject unborn children to a large variety of potential suffering. Targeting men would piss off his audience (who are mostly men) so that is likely why he referred to women only, to keep those tour dollars coming in.

And through a casual internet search he seems keen on dividing men and women based on their "biological differences" and that falls flat when you have people who intentionally opt out of breeding. Guess those who choose not to have children aren't his target audience.
Re: Women who choose not to have children are disagreeable
December 22, 2018
Now I remember again, why I strongly dislike psychologists. Long, meaningless talks, full of self-made definitions, and propagating their own shitty worldview. Not once would people like that say, that having children or not having them are equally valid choices, or even that antinatalism makes more sense ethically. And this guy looks like a typical feaking pronatalist, misogynistic asshole. Good thing many see him as the sexist piece of shit he is, catering to guys with low self-esteem.
The first article is written by a dude anyway, so obviously he'll go all defensive on this Peterson character, going all out on the "he didn't mean it that way". Ridiculous. I bet that Peterson asshole just noticed that his audience are 99 percent male conformist breeders, and he simply wanted to stroke their ego, to keep them listening, paying and praising him.
But while reading the clusterfuck of excuses, one thing did strike me: if "disagreeable people" (if that's us childfree) would be "selfish", "alienating ourself" and "having anger management problems", then 1st of all, these ARE negative traits (what the author wanted to play down), and 2nd of all, they aren't true.
+ who's selfish, forcing a new human life into the suffering of this overcrowded world? = BREEDERS
+ who's alienating themselves, going back to their lil suburban famblee bubble, forgetting about friends and everybody else, cause it's all about
the allmighteee babbbieee? = BREEDERS
+ who has anger management issues after being subjected 24/7 to the noise and chaos terror of a rugrat = BREEDERS.

I, unfortunately, can't open the second article, but I can only be happy that big corporations won't have sexist bullshit on the loose. And that this so-called "professor" agreed to this deeply ugly sexist statement is only a sign to me that it's him who belongs in a nuthouse and needs his titles removed urgently.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom & Art & Music >>>>>>>>>> human spawn

"Music is immortal. People are not."
-William Anger, "King's Story" - Thief2 FM by Zontik
December 22, 2018
Seems to me that Mr. Peterson is simply a good old fashioned MRA cock holster.
December 22, 2018
I'm more than happy to disappoint jackholes like this by being"disagreeable."

Guys like this really can't stand women who have the power to leave them or make their own choices. It's a "liberal" view that women should have access to information, birth control and choices, whether to be pregnant or keep a pregnancy, also access to education and economic power so they aren't beholden to someone else.

I'm happy to keep people guessing. I am conventionally attractive and feminine-looking, yet rabidly childfree and an INTJ all the way...who happens to work in a technical field. Men have tried and failed to push me around. I refused to birth babies or seriously consider any relationship with someone who was childed--didn't want them myself, won't be raising your mistake, thank-you-very-much. I always earned my own money and I've saved it, so that means I don't have to stay with anyone who displeases me.

I'm not quaking in my boots over what some MRA armchair psychologist thinks about me.
December 22, 2018
This guy is a well-known professional asshole. There have been many protests against his talks, due to the extremely sexist content (among other things).
December 23, 2018
Peterson...again.

Just another niceguy creep who feels entitled to the best jobs and lifestyle because he has a penis. To these types, women are nothing more than cock suckers, cum dumpsters and incubators because SOMEBODY (women) has to do the cunt work. Men like this hate women who have choices and freedom to say no thanks, and walk away from bad situations.

My CF self is happy to be classified as disagreeable smiling smiley

I'm also conventionally attractive, feminine looking, rabidly CF and earn my own.

bell_flower said it best.
December 25, 2018
bell_flower
I'm happy to keep people guessing. I am conventionally attractive and feminine-looking, yet rabidly childfree and an INTJ all the way...who happens to work in a technical field. Men have tried and failed to push me around. I refused to birth babies or seriously consider any relationship with someone who was childed--didn't want them myself, won't be raising your mistake, thank-you-very-much. I always earned my own money and I've saved it, so that means I don't have to stay with anyone who displeases me.

This describes me too. I've been told by other women that wearing makeup and feminine clothing makes men assume I'm a sweet mannered woman who wants to be controlled (and have babies and other traditional things). They can think that and will fail when trying to push me around. It is interesting that makeup and a feminine appearance somehow makes a woman old fashioned to some men.
December 25, 2018
Peace
Peterson...again.

Just another niceguy creep who feels entitled to the best jobs and lifestyle because he has a penis. To these types, women are nothing more than cock suckers, cum dumpsters and incubators because SOMEBODY (women) has to do the cunt work. Men like this hate women who have choices and freedom to say no thanks, and walk away from bad situations.

My CF self is happy to be classified as disagreeable smiling smiley

I'm also conventionally attractive, feminine looking, rabidly CF and earn my own.

bell_flower said it best.

Sorry about that bell_flower. I don't remember what the last conversation was regarding Peterson but once I looked him up I realized we had a discussion about him before. Anything insult coming from him is a compliment. From now on I'm going to file any search or article that leads to him into the mental dumpster, because it is just the same dribble on auto play thrown in with radical public statements for publicity.
December 26, 2018
kittehpeoples

He is worshipped by the incels, if that tells you anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
December 27, 2018
I find breeders to be disagreeable. They annoy me, and I don't like being around them for too long. Frankly, I don't give a shit what this guy thinks, or what breeders think. It's all just sour grapes because they think I'm getting away with something.
December 28, 2018
mumofsixbirds
I find breeders to be disagreeable. They annoy me, and I don't like being around them for too long. Frankly, I don't give a shit what this guy thinks, or what breeders think. It's all just sour grapes because they think I'm getting away with something.

We are getting away with something; the freedom to make our own decisions and choices in life. These misogynists don't want women to be independent from men, because when we have choices, we don't choose THEM. We can afford to be picky and they're angry over this.
December 28, 2018
navi8orgirl
kittehpeoples

He is worshipped by the incels, if that tells you anything.

Looked up incels and am now wondering how I could have forgotten what that was. Wow. Thought it was a spoof at first. What an utterly sad existence.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login