Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

...but of course they have cell phones

Posted by cfdavep 
...but of course they have cell phones
January 08, 2019
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/mom-starts-campaign-pay-off-232-000-school-090306693--abc-news-lifestyle.html

Moo seem proud to raise $$$ for others who can't afford to pay for their kids to eat as everyone should contribute to bail them out, but as the commenters are saying the sprogs all have cell phones. One commenter said that parents today take care of their kids wants and then when there is no $$$ for food look for handouts
Re: ...but of course they have cell phones
January 08, 2019
This moo couldn't solve her way out of a paper bag. Let the brats have a lunch without paying for it and they leave their cell phone as collateral. A good portion of them will just suck it up and skip a meal, and it won't hurt most of them at all to do this. For the ones who surrender their phone, you can be damned sure they will arrive the next day with the balance to pay off any lunch debt. No further prompting needed. This will resolve about 85% of the issue.

Already surrendered your phone and still don't have lunch money? Call moo/duh. Doubt this happens much though.

Obviously these kids are allowed to be lazy idiots and have been taught there are no consequences for forgetting their lunch. I can count the times I forgot to bring my lunch or money for lunch on 2 hands for the entire 12 years of school. Because the vast majority of us rarely forgot we were always willing to help out someone who forgot by giving them one item or 1/2 an item from our lunch. If 4-5 kids do this then the one who forgot has a lunch. Usually the next day the one who forgot would bring in extra food for the ones who helped him/her out because no one wanted to be known as "that kid". There weren't kids who would take advantage and get away with it because we'd exclude that person from sharing if that happened.
January 08, 2019
I would never do this shit. All it's going to do is teach lazy cheap-ass breeders that someone else will foot the bill for their kids' meals. Send them to school without lunch money, the school lets the kids eat anyway and lets their account go in the red temporarily because it's not the kid's fault the parents won't give them lunch money. And every time the school calls or writes about the balance, Moo and Duh can just claim that they're broke because something came up like a car repair or medical bill. Repeat indefinitely. Ta-da! Free lunch for Junior!

Article
While I am incredibly thankful that BVSD doesn't let any child go hungry ... I just know that feeling you have this letter [telling you that you didn't pay] and it's just a burden.

I admit it is a tough spot to be in. It's not the kids' faults they have no lunch money and they shouldn't be punished for their parents' cheapness by not being allowed to eat. But if you just keep on giving them free food instead of making them pay for it, the breeders just learn that they can exploit the district's kindness and not ever give the kid a dime for food ever again.

Better yet, why not make the kid pack their lunch? There's no shame in bringing your own lunch. Why does the kid have to buy school food every damn day? If there's no food at home to pack and bring along, then maybe a visit from CPS is warranted.

So is this woman gonna campaign every year to raise thousands and thousands of dollars for school lunch funds? Everybody's gonna get sick of donating after a while, and then when there's not enough money, breeders will start bitching about all the selfish assholes who won't hand over their money so their kids can eat. Kids being fed is the responsibility of one party, and that's the child's parents. Moo and Duh fork over money and Junior eats. Ensuring your child is fed is not a "psychological burden" like this woman claims. If it is, give the fucking kids to the state.
January 10, 2019
Cambion
Better yet, why not make the kid pack their lunch? There's no shame in bringing your own lunch. Why does the kid have to buy school food every damn day? If there's no food at home to pack and bring along, then maybe a visit from CPS is warranted.

Some schools actually prohibit children bringing a lunch. At those schools the kids must eat the food provided. Certain preschool programs catering to the "underprivileged" were in the news for this several years ago. Reasons include pahrunts packing junk food such as chips and Twinkies with no veggies in sight, and also the bags or boxes causing security issues by (supposedly) being used to bring in contraband.

Things have changed since my school days.
January 11, 2019
There are some PA school districts where more than 90% of the kids are eligible for free school lunches so the cafeteria just gives free food to everyone. This eliminates the hassle and cost of cash handling. Then again, the cost is probably made up in the school taxes that even people without kids have to pay. This is why I favor a tax on kids (in addition to property taxes), lets see how many large families there are when the parents get taxed.
January 11, 2019
kman
Some schools actually prohibit children bringing a lunch. At those schools the kids must eat the food provided. Certain preschool programs catering to the "underprivileged" were in the news for this several years ago. Reasons include pahrunts packing junk food such as chips and Twinkies with no veggies in sight, and also the bags or boxes causing security issues by (supposedly) being used to bring in contraband.

Wow, didn't know some schools actually forbid packed lunches. I'm sure the fact that every damn kid anymore has at least one food allergy plays a large role in this practice too. I've heard several accounts of kids getting hasled about bringing peanut butter sandwiches for lunch because someone's brat will die if they look a peanut. Things have definitely changed since I was a kid too. Fuck me, my elementary school was too lazy to actually prepare lunch food, so they just ordered in bulk from local fast food places like Pizza Hut and Mickey D's. Some kids ordered every single day, meaning they were eating greasy McBeetus every day.

mr. neptune
There are some PA school districts where more than 90% of the kids are eligible for free school lunches so the cafeteria just gives free food to everyone. This eliminates the hassle and cost of cash handling. Then again, the cost is probably made up in the school taxes that even people without kids have to pay. This is why I favor a tax on kids (in addition to property taxes), lets see how many large families there are when the parents get taxed.

I imagine it's also easier than dealing with inevitable screaming about discrimination from the three parents in the whole district who can afford to give their kids lunch money about how the poor kids get free lunch and they don't.

Fucking hell, what do these parents do with all their money that they can't afford food? In my area, all grades get free breakfast and lunch, and sometimes administration sends kids home with backpacks full of food at the end of the day because they have no food in the fridge either.
January 11, 2019
If you have kids you can't afford to fucking feed, you should surrender them into the foster system. Forcing them to live from day to day not even knowing if they're going to eat is torture, and if you insist on keeping them in those circumstances, you should be brought up on charges of child abuse.
January 12, 2019
Cambion

I admit it is a tough spot to be in. It's not the kids' faults they have no lunch money and they shouldn't be punished for their parents' cheapness by not being allowed to eat. But if you just keep on giving them free food instead of making them pay for it, the breeders just learn that they can exploit the district's kindness and not ever give the kid a dime for food ever again.

There are some schools that do not allow a child to brown bag a lunch.

https://www.medicaldaily.com/school-bans-homemade-lunches-angering-parents-critical-federal-nutritional-standards-263026

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
January 13, 2019
Wat.

Article
“In April 2011, a Chicago administrator drew media approbation for a long-standing policy banning homemade lunches unless excused with a doctor’s note. Elsa Carmona, principal of Little Village Academy on the city’s west side, told The Chicago Tribune her policy protected students from unhealthful dietary choices.

"Nutrition wise, it is better for the children to eat at the school," Carmona said. "It's about the nutrition and the excellent quality food that they are able to serve [in the lunchroom]. It's milk versus a Coke. But with allergies and any medical issue, of course, we would make an exception.”

Unless school lunches have reeeeeeeeally improved since I was a kid, cafeteria food is not a better nutritional choice. In high school, we were fed things like tacos, pizza, bagels, cheesesteaks, burgers, macaroni & cheese, chicken patties/strips, and if you didn't want the hot lunch, there were usually salads and subs available. You could also get things like fruit/veggie cups, Little Debbie snacks and slushies. Not the worst food ever, but certainly not the healthiest. Still, stuff kids would eat.

So what if a child comes from a family that eats a certain type of food that has cultural significance? The child isn't allowed to eat what is a very common food to them because the school says so? That isn't something that you could get a doctor's note for (compared to, say, lactose intolerance or not eating gluten). What if the kid is a brat and wants to eat garbage or nothing at all? Is the school prepared for the inevitable screaming from angry breeders about how the school is starving their pweshuses by only offering healthy options because Awtardley will only eat chicken nuggets? And imagine the pissing and moaning when kids are given healthy things, enjoy them, and then come home and ask their parents to make healthy stuff that Moo and Duh don't want to cook because it costs too much.

I think it's great for school to encourage healthier eating habits in students since I'm sure a majority of them are lard asses to begin with, but to outright ban bagged lunches seems ridiculous. It especially must suck if the mandatory school-prepped meals aren't free to all students. I know I'd be pissed if someone told me I had no choice but to eat what they made and made me pay for it too.
January 14, 2019
Cambion
Wat.

I think it's great for school to encourage healthier eating habits in students since I'm sure a majority of them are lard asses to begin with, but to outright ban bagged lunches seems ridiculous. It especially must suck if the mandatory school-prepped meals aren't free to all students. I know I'd be pissed if someone told me I had no choice but to eat what they made and made me pay for it too.

I personally have no sympathy as the parents chose to shit out the kid. Want control of what bratly eats, send him or her to private school.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
January 14, 2019
craftyzits
Cambion
Wat.

I personally have no sympathy as the parents chose to shit out the kid. Want control of what bratly eats, send him or her to private school.

I think that breeders have too much influence in children's lives when it comes to making decisions which are detrimental to the child's long-term well-being. They shouldn't be barred only from physically abusing children, but also from performing non-medical permanent bodily modifications, imposing poor education and fear-based religious teachings, avoiding medical treatment, instilling bad habits, and so on. Of course very little of that actually happens.

But the problem with programs like this is they always aim for some sort of median, which means that they can make things worse for the children whose parents were actually doing a good job. I think that's a legitimate concern.
January 14, 2019
Cambion

I guess they're no longer preparing them to be the future, but are preparing them to be future felons with very limited autonomy.
January 14, 2019
Who cares about a little thing like paying for nutrition, when moos and duhs just want to be BFFs with their kids, and use up all of their funds for stupid things like IGadgets of all kinds? Let some other slob pay for the food. It just goes to show how screwed up people's priorities have become.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login