Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breeders and the gov't shutdown

Posted by cfdavep 
Breeders and the gov't shutdown
January 12, 2019
Seems like the pay check to paycheck breeders are REALLY terrified:

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/today-payday-not-hundreds-thousands-government-workers-092609023--abc-news-topstories.html

The gambled and ended up with a genetic mess and now they want to "meet with Trump"
Re: Breeders and the gov't shutdown
January 12, 2019
I don't care whether or not these people are childed. To be completely honest, what Dump is doing is immoral, self-serving, and it should be considered illegal. He is essentially holding them hostage in order to get his ineffectual, stupid wall.

I feel bad for the workers, because they are employed. They are, at least, not collecting welfare or SNAP or WIC, but I see how they may have to soon, if this clown doesn't let them get paid. I feel especially bad for those employees who are being forced to work, but receiving no pay.

It is my sincere wish that the federal workers get together and sue this MoFo and his administration for what he's doing to them. I know some lawsuits have already begun, and quite frankly, I hope they win.

I'm not trying to pander to breeders, but I can put myself in their shoes (without kids, though) and think about how this would affect my husband and I if this were to happen. It would be financially devastating, to say the very least.
January 12, 2019
It's a mess, and I'm in sympathy with the workers, but I'm sick of all the "human cost" stories focusing on people with kids. Selling kid's toys, selling kiddie artwork...well, people without kids have to eat, too, and they're a lot less likely to get assistance.
January 12, 2019
Chump is literally holding 800,000 workers hostage to his fucking border wall. Kids or no kids, those people need to be PAID if they're working essential services. The work is essential which prevents them from being furloughed, but the gov't doesn't pay them for work they're being forced to perform. This is bullshit.

There's no incentive for Chump to open the government, because he still gets services. It's the workers that get screwed. Congress and POTUS would think much differently if the SS, the TSA and other essential personnel were not on the job because they weren't being paid. Let Chump make appearances, let him go to his stupid rallies with no SS protection because of the shutdown. He'd re-open things up really fast.
January 12, 2019
mumofsixbirds
I feel bad for the workers, because they are employed. They are, at least, not collecting welfare or SNAP or WIC, but I see how they may have to soon, if this clown doesn't let them get paid. I feel especially bad for those employees who are being forced to work, but receiving no pay.

Both Snap & WIC are going the way of the dodo because they aren't funded after the first of February. I don't know where Welfare stands.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
January 13, 2019
My father was a dentist with the Veterans Administration and later, my mother worked as a nurse there. There was no government shutdown at the time, but I never heard of my parents living "paycheck to paycheck" even though they had 5 (too many) kids. We had our presents at Christmas and always ate but fast food was rare and I went to a community college. As far as I know, though, there was always some savings. Dad drove basic Chevrolets until they fell apart. Of course, it was a different less expensive time.

One expense these workers on the TV bring up is the cost of child care. Ours was a SAHM (who was terribly bored) so people back then didn't have all that expense. While the shutdown is a bad thing and only because Donald is stubborn, a CF worker is going to survive this better because of the expenses we DO NOT have. Think of it, none of us will EVER have to buy:

Child Care
Car seats
Minivans
PAMPERS!
Kindercrap
College (except for ourselves and it's grossly overpriced because of greed)

I'm sure we all can think of more things we will never buy because of no kids.
January 13, 2019
The assholes are getting into the parks and have destroyed some beautiful trees in the desert. I have a feeling that the orange monkey may use this shut down for some purpose and not turn it on for a long time
January 13, 2019
cfdavep
The assholes are getting into the parks and have destroyed some beautiful trees in the desert. I have a feeling that the orange monkey may use this shut down for some purpose and not turn it on for a long time

What I worry about is that the funds for the SNAP program are going to run out soon. A bunch of breeders who can't buy food are going to riot in the streets.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
January 13, 2019
Maybe this time, both sides will offer up better candidates instead of the three ring circus disasters they gave us to choose from.

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
January 14, 2019
Man, if anyone wants to commit some terrorism, now's the damn time. I've read a lot of tweets about TSA agents who are basically letting people get on their planes without any of the usual security measures taken because they aren't getting paid, so why bother doing their jobs? I wouldn't either if I were them.

Of course they're gonna play the breeder angle with this whole thing too, like breeders affected by the shutdown are the only ones that matter. Yeah, no, it's hurting everyone with government jobs, brats or no brats.

Clinton got impeached for far less. Why can't we boot this orange fucker out of office already?
January 14, 2019
Cambion

Clinton got impeached for far less. Why can't we boot this orange fucker out of office already?

Sadly our government's gotten a lot more corrupt than during Clinton's day. We won't get the Orange Fucker out, he will serve two terms and make a fortune.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
January 14, 2019
craftyzits
Cambion

Sadly our government's gotten a lot more corrupt than during Clinton's day. We won't get the Orange Fucker out, he will serve two terms and make a fortune.

I sincerely hope not. I hate to see evil people get rewarded.
January 14, 2019
mr. neptune

One expense these workers on the TV bring up is the cost of child care. Ours was a SAHM (who was terribly bored) so people back then didn't have all that expense. While the shutdown is a bad thing and only because Donald is stubborn, a CF worker is going to survive this better because of the expenses we DO NOT have. Think of it, none of us will EVER have to buy:

Child Care
Car seats
Minivans
PAMPERS!
Kindercrap
College (except for ourselves and it's grossly overpriced because of greed)

I'm sure we all can think of more things we will never buy because of no kids.

New clothes pretty much constantly until puberty ends
Expensive activities
Last minute fast food meals
Bigger houses/apartments
Summer camps
Birthday parties
More expensive vacations (instead of for 1 or 2, vacation for 1 or 2 plus kids)
School expenses (activities, yearbooks, t-shirts, graduation ceremonies for pretty much every year, etc.)
Endless chauffeuring
New furniture/flooring/appliances because kids destroy it
Whatever stupid crap the gubment decides kids have to have (bike helmets, car seats until they weigh 100 lbs., etc.)
January 14, 2019
addiea raine
Maybe this time, both sides will offer up better candidates instead of the three ring circus disasters they gave us to choose from.

Agreed, no one was going to win with the last election. It was a choice between a giant douche and a turd sandwich. Apparently SP agreed and re-aired the original 2004 episode in 2016 with the new candidate updates. I must see the episode!
January 16, 2019
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/many-federal-employees-apos-t-205545841.html

Pay check to pay check breeders are freaking as the 1st "luxury" they have to walk away from is Pampers and commenters are telling them if they are that close to misery why have kids to speed up their trip to further poverty and to just get used to "shit cloths" for now.
January 17, 2019
cfdavep
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/many-federal-employees-apos-t-205545841.html

Pay check to pay check breeders are freaking as the 1st "luxury" they have to walk away from is Pampers and commenters are telling them if they are that close to misery why have kids to speed up their trip to further poverty and to just get used to "shit cloths" for now.

The only fly in this ointment is that most single cows live in apartments with community washing machines in the center of the complex. I for one would rather not wash clothes after some cow washed her shit rags.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login