Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

'Look after your brats'; Eatery bans phones +

Posted by nokidsandhappy 
'Look after your brats'; Eatery bans phones +
February 20, 2019
Re: 'Look after your brats'; Eatery bans phones +
February 20, 2019
Holy shit the comments, Batman! If they want to sit there and eat in a restaurant while glued to their devices, they can go to McDonald's. I don't go to restaurants that often, but when I have, I've been astounded by the number of idiots on their IGadgets. They are the same customers who will yak loudly into their phones, have their kids playing on laptops, etc. I find the whole thing annoying.

There are a LOT of restaurants that let people do this. They can go to one of those if they don't like the rules of this one. I love how one moron says that it's a ban on CHYLDRUN because they won't allow mobile devices. WTF. Are these kids cyborgs or robots or something? They aren't banning kids, they are just banning the devices.
February 20, 2019
WAT they want people to actually interact with one another like human beings?! And breeders might actually have to mind their kids instead of sticking screens in front of them?! THE HORROR.

Sometimes I forget just how addicted people are to their phones. The tantrums in the comments are fantastic, but also kind of sad, and I'm sure there will be a boycott of this place because people are banned from using their devices instead of having a barbaric normal technology-free dining experience.

That, or I see people letting their kids run wild in the place and when asked to corral them, just shrug and go, "Well normally I give them an iThingy to watch movies on. I can't now!"
February 28, 2019
Me and hub got a gift card and went to higher end steak house in 'burbs, think it was called Perry's. It's actually a chain, but old school dark mood lighting like you would see in a old mob movie. Tons of people had kids w/ them which was shocking but EVERY TABLE including those w/o kids in tow, almost every person was glued to their devices. One couple next to us never spoke to each other, just sat on their phones on a saturday night and ate their steaks. And, is this what parents count as family time now, having their kids on an iPad for a couple hours while they eat mac and cheese and parents have a drink and steak? No worries about connection or teaching them how to act. Just so they are outta your hair. The whole restaurant was dark w/ glowing screens at each table except for my table.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login