Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kids Ruin My Country Club

Posted by jmc 
Kids Ruin My Country Club
March 02, 2019
I don't know if you can see this email. TLDR: My country club as a Thursday Night Family Night.....bad idea

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"If you can't feed your baby, then don't have a baby. And don't think maybe, if you can't feed your baby."
- The wisdom of the late Michael Jackson
"The mother of the year should be a sterilized woman with two adopted children." - Paul Ehrlich

Re: Kids Ruin My Country Club
March 02, 2019
Ok, I couldn't get the email to show on this forum so I will type it out

Happy Friday Everyone,
As perspective, I spent the last sic years as the GM/COO of a Club that grew from less than 300 dependents to one with over 1200 under the age of 18. We developed an extremely active family membership with significant family and junior programs including Junior Golf 300+, Junior Tennis 200+, Swim team 260+ and summer camp programs along with monthly activities.

The programs and activities for a vibrant family club take a tremendous amount of effort, engagement and resources along with a significant commitment from membership and staff. I believe that **OUR COUNTRY CLUB'S NAME** community has significant potential , as second and third generation members along with the many new residents want to live, play and socialized here.

I am confident that I understand the philosophies and programming required to make such programming work. The Club has improvements to make and we are and will continue to work on improving and adding not only services but activities. In the very near future the weather will allow for more outside activities and opportunities and I am sure we all are looking forward to those days.

During the last few Family Nights and specifically last night (Thursday, February 28th) we have had some especially rogue behavior from some of the children attending:
--Throwing glass beads from the fire pit, rocks from the fountain (that danger is obvious)
--Running down the halls and inside the building (trip and collision hazard with staff or others)
--Climbing over furniture, in the trees in courtyard and on the fountain
--Last week a majority of all the brand-new coloring and drawing supplies were broken (during first use)

Last night when I addressed groups of children on three different occasions, I was rebutted with defiant behavior and one young man's response was "you are not my parent!". Given the fact that I have not addressed this before, I am giving some leeway and hoping that these are anomalies and not norms.

In summary, the staff needs our parents help, we can only do so much to keep track of and engage the kids. I hold extremely high hopes for what **OUR CLUB'S NAME** can attain and that in many ways goes hand in hand with what **CLUB NAME** as a community can be.

Writing these letters to be the membership are never enjoyable but ultimately necessary when circumstances like this arise. Thank you for your understanding and continued support. I know we are all committed to build the Club to be better than ever.

All the Best,
**NAME OF OUR NEW CLUB GM**

Back story: our country club recently got a new GM. This was his first week. I myself just completely avoid going to the club on Family Nights because I know the parents don't watch their kids. I don't really socialize with parents anyways, except for my sibling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"If you can't feed your baby, then don't have a baby. And don't think maybe, if you can't feed your baby."
- The wisdom of the late Michael Jackson
"The mother of the year should be a sterilized woman with two adopted children." - Paul Ehrlich
March 02, 2019

Given the fact that I have not addressed this before, I am giving some leeway and hoping that these are anomalies and not norms.

Pfft, yeah. Keep dreaming.
March 02, 2019
Given the fact that I have not addressed this before, I am giving some leeway and hoping that these are anomalies and not norms.

Welcome to the new norms
March 02, 2019
It's pretty sad when someone has to write a letter asking for what should be normal, civil behavior.

These kids sound like feral beasts.
March 03, 2019
The behavior is not going to change; hopefully he just cuts back on the family friendly activities.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
March 03, 2019
Yep, the kids shouldn't be acting that way, but I don't foresee anything changing. Best to just find another place to be on those "family nights". Maybe let the management know why you (and likely other patrons as well) won't be around as much.
March 07, 2019
jmc
I don't know if you can see this email. TLDR: My country club as a Thursday Night Family Night.....bad idea

Your pic doesn't show up.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login