Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anti-Vaxxers make me sick - possible whooping cough angry smiley

Posted by mumofsixbirds 
Anti-Vaxxers make me sick - possible whooping cough angry smiley
March 11, 2019
Well, now I'm royally pissed off. Last Monday, I developed a high fever and chills, and then I got THE WORST cough I've ever had. I've not been able to eat hardly anything since then, and I've lost quite a bit of weight. I went to the doctor, thinking it might be Whooping Cough. The doctor told me that he suspected it was bronchitis, because I've had it before...I've never had it like this before. This is like bronchitis on steroids. I can't sleep at night, cough until I vomit, and I've choked out twice already on my own mucus in the middle of the night and wasn't able to breathe.

I think he misdiagnosed me because I've had a history of bronchitis, but when my husband was coming home from work this morning - sent home because he's sick too - he heard that there's an outbreak in the Lower Mainland of Whooping Cough. Our neighbor is equally as sick as I am, and he has the same symptoms as I do, but he never gets bronchitis.

If I'm not better in a couple of days, I'm going back to the doctor and getting him to take a second look at me. I'm convinced that this isn't bronchitis.

I'm going to have myself a t-shirt printed that says, "If you aren't vaxxed, keep the fuck away from me!"
Re: Anti-Vaxxers make me sick - possible whooping cough angry smiley
March 11, 2019
Sorry you are sick and hope you get better soon.

I know, when I go to the doc this year, I'm gonna ask him what needs to be updated for shots. I did have to prove all my shots when I applied to grad school in my early 30s, so maybe I'm ok. But, in grammar school, kids got measles mumps and all that stuff, so there musta been no vax for those back in the day. I never got any childhood diseases until I got chicken pox at twelve. I don't want to get this stuff now b/c of these dumb anti vaxers.
March 11, 2019
I guess the US is developing measles hotspots due to these idiot's according to the news. It may be best to wear a mask at any doc appointments
March 11, 2019
M06B, that sucks! I hope you're able to get the meds and care you need. Whooping cough went raging through my area about six years ago. I got a DPT booster that month--I'd just gotten over mono and was taking NO chances.

I agree with the mask suggestion. You might also want to call the clinic ahead and let them know you have whooping cough symptoms. They may want you to come in a different entrance, or meet you outside with a mask, or both. They're doing that here with suspected measles cases. Might not be needed (measles is very durable and very airborne) since whooping cough is less easily transmitted, but better safe than sorry.
March 11, 2019
strong shock

MO6B, that's awful! Please go back to the doctor or clinic, and have them re-check you for whooping cough ASAP. I hope that whatever it is you have, you can get treatment and get better soon.

When all this is finally, over, you might want to have your immunity levels to different diseases checked, and get booster vaccinations as needed, to prevent this happening again next year. These anti-vaxxers are going to cause a pandemic with their anti-vaxx quackery.
March 11, 2019
I'm so sorry you're feeling sick! I'm also prone to bronchitis, especially after getting over colds. While bronchitis is fucking annoying, it's still bearable, and even at its worst, I've never coughed so hard that I threw up or couldn't eat. It's very possible you have whooping cough. I don't know if much of anything can be done for the sake of relief since pertussis is a virus, but hopefully they can do something for you, whooping cough or not.

I might look into getting boosters for myself too, given all the outbreaks of various things every-fucking-where, not only for my sake, but because some of my friends aren't insured or aren't well insured and I don't want to give them something awful.
March 12, 2019
I've been going to a local walk in clinic because my own family doctor is an hour's drive away. I've been unable to find a family doctor in my area, because there's some kind of doctor shortage. I was planning on asking him for booster shots next time I saw him, and I still plan on discussing it with him.

Still coughing, but I managed to get a bit of sleep last night and have something to eat. I did have one of those choking episodes again last night, but when it was over, the cough seemed to calm down a little. I'm getting my husband in to see a doctor this morning, because he's been sick as well. He's pretty stubborn about going to see doctors, but his boss sent him home yesterday because he wasn't well enough to perform at his job. He has no choice now.

I'm not sure how our neighbor is doing, so I may give him a call tonight to check on him. When we saw him last, he was in pretty rough shape.

I think that a mask is a good idea, even if it does make me look alien. I don't want to spread this around, and I don't want to catch anything else on top of it.
March 12, 2019
Went to the doc this morning for a physical and saw someone with a mask on, also with blood work they will check immunity in order for me to get the measles shot which I think I had as a kid. They are recognizing it is a problem

I think we will be seeing more masks on in the future
March 12, 2019
I've seen a number of people lately wearing masks. Looking like an alien is worth it with so many antivax morons around. Ugh. Hope you feel better soon.
March 16, 2019
Well, I'm starting to feel a bit better, but my appetite is still a bit off. I'm still coughing at night, but not nearly as bad as I was. Husband is still sick, but I've managed to keep things together fairly well.

I honestly don't know WTF this cough is about, but it was one of the worst I've ever had. I've had bronchitis several times in my life, but usually I'm able to eat fairly okay. This time, my appetite was almost completely wiped out.

I've had some more of those choking episodes, but the last couple of nights it's been okay. I have to be on two inhalers, a red one and a blue one, for the next 4 months.

I'm going to be seeing my doctor about getting booster shots. I'm really not sure what the cough was, but it sure felt like something a little more evil than just simple bronchitis.
March 18, 2019
here in new yawk, a few days ago there was a news item about these parunts of unvaccinated (about 30 sets of them) were suing the schools to let their unvaccinated turds back in. the school had apparently had enough of these placenta shit for brains parunts and their diseased spawn coming to school and stated flat out, not vaccinated, they are not allowed at school Cue all the mooing from these fucking returds. their spawn should be allowed to school un-vaxxed.

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
March 18, 2019
I don't remember exactly who said it, but I think I heard this quote on "Coast to Coast" with George Noory on the radio. "The world will not end with a bang, but a sneeze." I'm starting to believe that. These anti-vaxxers will be the death of us all.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login