Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Overpopulation doesn’t exist because you’re mean and a queer

Oh boy. I said that society worships at the altar of pronatslism and that kids shouldn’t be celebrated because giving birth causes harm {mostly I mentioned environmental concerns and harm caused to kids in orphanages who aren’t adopted}. The gem of logic I got back was that “your statements are mean,” “kids should be celebrated because they’re people too,” and “you’re asexual so you don’t understand the desire for kids.”

Wtf. Are people really this brainwashed into pronatslism? “Meanness,” doesn’t determine the truth value of a statement. I don’t celebrate things that cause harm, and I don’t celebrate all people anyway. Why should I care more about someone’s brats than I care about the general population? Also, cool. I didn’t get the memo that LGBTQA people can’t have opinions on things. Because being different than the group you’re criticizing makes your criticisms invalid. Ok. By that logic, not being a firefighter, I can’t critique a firefighter that throws water on an electric fire, and not being a pilot, I can’t critique a pilot that pitches the nose up in a stall. Has common sense and logic really been tossed out the window? Since when is “you’re mean,” a rebuttal suitable to adult conversation?

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
contemplativeintrovert
Since when is “you’re mean,” a rebuttal suitable to adult conversation?

Since we've regressed back to chest thumping to prove manliness. We were going forward as a species until someone decided "hey! The 1950's were awesome! Let's bring them back!" and we're back with fighting for the ability to control our own bodies, discrimination and blatant misogyny. We invented this tool called the internet. This tool was to open the world to everyone and bring everyone closer. The sharing of ideas to make the world a better place. Instead it's used to create "ASS: The Movie", give anonymity to hate groups and give Red Pills the platform to threaten others. The very tool that was to progress the entire world is now the very tool used to regress it. This has the consequences of spilling out into the real world as people, so used to anonymity, have forgotten real world speech and etiquette. Before, people would actually make a compelling argument to support their beliefs instead of the "you're mean" argument they use now. People also didn't use to film themselves throwing chairs onto the highway and post it for "likes". Technology has made us retarded as a species and has retarded future growth. The time of humanity is done. We've fucked ourselves over thanks to the internet.

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
Huh. I'm not asexual and I still don't understand why people would want to procreate, especially now where we have access to birth control, sterilization, and abortion. It's not like we NEED any more people on the planet. Quite frankly, overbreeding will be the end of us, yet people worship the altar of babies now, more than they used to, because it is a CHOICE.

Accusing you of being mean because people don't want to hear the reality of breeding, doesn't make you mean. It makes them ignorant and stupid, because they're so brainwashed into believing this crap.

All I can say is, "Well, Ted Bundy, Wayne Gacy, and Adolph Hitler all were somebodies babies at one time. Don't you think that the world would've been better without these people in it?"

Not all babies grow up to be nice people, and not all babies grow up to be normal. Not everyone born is going to be a kanser kurer. Who the fuck wants to take a chance like that?
Re: Overpopulation doesn’t exist because you’re mean and a queer
March 19, 2019
Whenever anyone tries to guilt me about the environment because I eat meat, drive a car and *gasp* use plastic bags*, my response is, "I didn't have kids. Overpopulation is the biggest problem in the world and I haven't added to it!".

*Seriously, everything in the store is wrapped in plastic, so why are the bags singled out as the anti-environmental demon?
March 20, 2019
I've heard the argument that it's not overpopulation but unequal distribution of resources that is the problem. It's like they don't make the connection that more people has actually led to this very problem, and pronatalism continues to promote the "kancer kurer" myth that passes the buck to the next generation to save us from ourselves.
March 20, 2019
I was reading an article on yahoo about a dead whale that was found to have swallowed 11 pounds of plastic. There was only about a dozen comments as few care, but one person wrote "they are busy depending on their 11th child to save the planet"
March 20, 2019
JoJo
Whenever anyone tries to guilt me about the environment because I eat meat, drive a car and *gasp* use plastic bags*, my response is, "I didn't have kids. Overpopulation is the biggest problem in the world and I haven't added to it!".

*Seriously, everything in the store is wrapped in plastic, so why are the bags singled out as the anti-environmental demon?

A woman who works in the same place as i do was talking about how she has climate change anxiety but then just blabbering about her 4 kids and 6 grandkids. She also told me why don't i have IVF if i suffer from endometriosis. Climate anxiety my ass.

But then i'm the evil one because i fly to see my parents. I was called an idiot and received death threats because of that. Including my friend's husband who told me that i'm destroying the planet for his children. I wrote a thread about it. I say go on piss me more on that until i get my pilot's licence. Bwhahaha!
March 20, 2019
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/why-people-finland-much-happier-050117891.html

I was reading that Finland took over the #1 spot for world's happiest country
March 25, 2019
blackpearl
But then i'm the evil one because i fly to see my parents. I was called an idiot and received death threats because of that. Including my friend's husband who told me that i'm destroying the planet for his children. I wrote a thread about it. I say go on piss me more on that until i get my pilot's licence. Bwhahaha!

This doesn't sound like the happiest people in the world to me. It sounds very nasty and judgemental. Perhaps even more nasty and judgemental than the internet. And that is saying something.

I've thought breeders are idiots many many times as a collective. But calling a breeder an idiot is something I pretty much limit to here. And I can't think of any reason (or reasonable person) to make death threats, it seems deranged.

I can only hope that every time one of them has their freedom curtailed by losing sleep, paying an unexpected expense, cleaning up after brats, doling out for brat crap, etc. that they remember they CHOSE their predicament. It is lurking somewhere in their subconscious but they don't sound very self-actualized so it is likely they will never realize it was a choice.
March 28, 2019
freya
This doesn't sound like the happiest people in the world to me. It sounds very nasty and judgemental. Perhaps even more nasty and judgemental than the internet. And that is saying something.

I've thought breeders are idiots many many times as a collective. But calling a breeder an idiot is something I pretty much limit to here. And I can't think of any reason (or reasonable person) to make death threats, it seems deranged.

There are lots of deranged people here and media is feeding that very well with all kinds of hysterical doomsday articles. What it really pissed me off though is that the same media gets hysterical about people not having enough kids and we must import immigrants because who is going to pay the pensions. Meanwhile there are more and more unemployed people and businesses which outsource or they leave this country for good because of too high taxes.

The top are the so-called "green" politicians who want to increase taxes and put more taxes mostly on transportation, energy and food because climate change but then they encourage people to breed and want to raise breeding incentives. Something does not compute here.
March 28, 2019
Sounds like politicians have to pander to the Finland insanity. Have four kids and call yourself an environmentalist and maybe the fifth kid who is an accident will save the planet
April 04, 2019
I highly doubt most parents have the time to search the truth behind the media tripe.
The best part of being child-free is the free pass from the bread and circuses of raising kids and popular culture.
Article on bread and circuses: https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/361674-bread-and-circuses-could-strike-down-america-like-rome
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login