Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nonsense: More Babyees to fix climate change!

Posted by fleur 
Nonsense: More Babyees to fix climate change!
April 01, 2019
Apparently a certain senator believes that having more babyees will fix climate change because it means more future engineers to work on the problem. Really? He doesn't believe in climate but does believe in unplanned parenthood to fix problems caused by too many kids. And that marriage is the most important solution to the US problems. Seriously? These idiots want to go straight back to the 19th century where women got married young and forced to stay home and have too many brats.

“The solution to climate change won’t be found in political posturing or virtue signaling,” he said. “It won’t be found in the federal government at all. You know where the solution can be found? ... In churches, in wedding chapels, in maternity wards across the country and around the world.”

GOP Senator Says Having More ‘American Babies’ Is The Solution To Climate Change

And what the heck does Reagan riding a dinosaur have to do with climate change?
Re: Nonsense: More Babyees to fix climate change!
April 02, 2019
Knowing the GOP they mean white babies.
April 02, 2019
Man, just when I thought the GOP couldn't get more stupid....

I love Mark Hamill's hashtag, though.
April 03, 2019
Wow, that guy is a genius!
I couldn't agree fucking more! So, while we're at it, "saving climate" by shitting out more even-now-diaper-landfilling garbage production machines aka pweshuss baybees, who will eventually become even-more-garbage producing, SMooV-driving jackasses who'll do, in 95% of the cases jack-shit good for the earth and most likely, in their turn, just produce more consumers, we could also start new bloody fucking wars for "world peace" or we could adress the poverty and joblessness problems by more exploitation and making it more impossible to get decent jobs.
What? We did that already?! Well, nevermind the suggestion then.

*sarcasm off*
April 03, 2019
Yeah, having babies has fuck-all to do with stopping climate change.

The solution lies is convincing Americans to change their ways of transportation, eating, energy production, and city planning. It's also in getting the hands of big oil off the throat of the country.

Sure, babies could do that. Yeah.eye rolling smiley
April 03, 2019
keeper of traken
Knowing the GOP they mean white babies.

Yes. And throw any baby that isn't white in a dumpster fire.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 03, 2019
randomcfchick
Yeah, having babies has fuck-all to do with stopping climate change.

The solution lies is convincing Americans to change their ways of transportation, eating, energy production, and city planning. It's also in getting the hands of big oil off the throat of the country.

Sure, babies could do that. Yeah.eye rolling smiley

All that and getting people spayed and neutered and making that as easy as getting a dog or cat spayed or neutered. If you think about it, the doctor that does the most damage to the environment is an OB/GYN.
April 03, 2019
Guess he neglected to notice there are many more minimum wage slaves than engineers in existence. Funny math voter-pandering senator strikes again.
April 04, 2019
Gotta love how idiots always think the solution to the world's problems is MORE people.
April 04, 2019
"Gotta love how idiots always think the solution to the world's problems is MORE people."

Word. I watched that Goober's speech, and it is positively scary to me how many people believe stuff like this. And it's not just Fundy Wingnuts either. So many people buy into that mindset.

Ever since I've been on Earth, I've heard countless people justify their decision to breed as, "my chyld will make the world a better place." Why does everyone want to push it off on the next generation, instead of doing something about it themselves?

Aside from the fact that more people put a strain on resources, what is so special about these future zygotes anyway? They will probably be just average citizens anyway. (I count myself in this category, BTW.) And I can hardly contain my laughter when I hear Americans say "BUT MY CHYLD WILL SOLVE ALL THESE TECHNOLOGICAL PROBLEMS." beating with a lol hammer Yeah, in our great schools with the gangs and teenage pregnancies and if kids are lucky enough to go to decent schools, there is grade inflation, teachers having no authority, teachers being expected to teach stuff parents should be teaching, everyone-gets-a-trophy nonsense.

And colleges are a joke now too, particularly the "elite" ones where people are buying their way in anyway and likely cheating along the way.

But right, just keep telling me Lori Loughlin's daughter is going to cure cancer or solve the problem of finite resources. using a flamethrower

beating with a lol hammer
April 04, 2019
Every time people want to say that their children will accomplish this or that, I start mentally asking the realistic questions:

1.) Does the child even have an interest in going into biomedical engineering, physics, medicine, etc.?

2.) Does the child even have the intellectual capability? If the kid is strong in English and foreign languages (like yours truly), why would they go into a STEM field where they would flounder? If your kid is the village idiot, I’d stop having hope.

3.) Do you have approximately $500,000 in a 529 account? Because that’s how much it’s going to cost to get the kid through all the education required. A bachelor’s degree alone is going to take up at least $150K of that, a postgraduate degree will be another $250-300K, and all the incidentals that come with higher education. If you’re expecting your child to save the world, you had better have the resources for them to do so.

4.) How are you so sure your child will even make it that far? You’re relying on a lot of things that are out of anybody’s control. Your kid isn’t going to become a cancer curer if they die of childhood cancer.

5.) Instead of pinning hopes on your kid accomplishing these things, why not donate or assist those that already are so they can keep doing so? There’s a physicist who developed a laser to pinpoint and kill cancer cells. She’s the goddamned cancer curer; let’s give her what she needs because she’s saving our lives.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
April 04, 2019
I think that parents use that as an excuse. It puffs them up and gives them a reason to keep breeding. I agree that we should be supporting the people who are actually doing these things, rather than creating a mountain of humans that will probably amount to nothing. Add in the fact that so many kids now are born with autism and other disabilities, the chances of many of them doing anything more than becoming basement dwellers is much lower.

Parents do and will overlook the obvious, just to pat themselves on the back and think that what they're doing is okay. The cost of an education, the possibility of disease or disability, etc., eludes them. They think it'll be different, because it's their precious DNA, and somehow their kids will become the ones to make a difference. It's a one in a million chance.

Meanwhile, all they're doing is creating an even worse situation with the environment.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login