Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Alabama politican wants the death penalty for abortion

Posted by cfdavep 
Alabama politican wants the death penalty for abortion
April 05, 2019
https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2019/04/228771/alabama-abortion-ban-roe-v-wade?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss_linkback2

I think the GOP would support Shaia law if that ever happens in the US starting in the south, then again Sharia law may not even be this bad
Re: Alabama politican wants the death penalty for abortion
April 05, 2019
Until his mistress is pregnant.

cfdavep
I think the GOP would support Shaia law if that ever happens in the US starting in the south, then again Sharia law may not even be this bad
Just tell them it's not "Sharia" law, it's "biblical" law, and they'll chomp that hook.
April 05, 2019
I am sincerely disgusted by what's happening in the States with regards to abortion. It seems that the vast majority of people commenting on the article are equally as disgusted as I am.

As some commenters pointed out, what happens if the woman miscarries naturally? Would the State try to prove she murdered the clump? Would she be up for some kind of charge because her body rejected said clump?

What about some dude who goes and knocks up a young woman by raping her? I guess if she aborts, it would only be she who faces homicide charges. The guy gets off scott-free because all he did was get her pregnant. It's her problem now.

This is just the GOP trying to create inequality among men and women. They want to keep the women breeding, so they don't have the same educational and career opportunities as men.

I'm so glad that I live in Canada. Safe, essentially free access to abortions and birth control. I don't worry about myself so much, because my husband had a vasectomy, but I am glad those things are in place for other women. I could never vote conservative, because they would remove those rights if they could.
April 07, 2019
mumofsixbirds
As some commenters pointed out, what happens if the woman miscarries naturally? Would the State try to prove she murdered the clump? Would she be up for some kind of charge because her body rejected said clump?

What about some dude who goes and knocks up a young woman by raping her? I guess if she aborts, it would only be she who faces homicide charges. The guy gets off scott-free because all he did was get her pregnant. It's her problem now.

Odds are they would. If they're trying to take away a woman's right to abortion and punish her for getting one, I'm guessing they'd try to charge her for miscarriage too. They'd probably call it manslaughter since there was no intention to end the pregnancy. If these cockbags hate women enough to imprison them for reproductive freedom, then they're willing to go out of their way to find things to accuse her of to increase the chances of putting her away for a century.

And judging by the article, they don't want to make exceptions for cases of rape or incest. So if a woman is impregnated by Daddy or through sexual assault, she can just go home and shut up. I can't imagine this shit would pass, even in Alabama.
April 09, 2019
kittehpeoples
Until his mistress is pregnant.

cfdavep
Just tell them it's not "Sharia" law, it's "biblical" law, and they'll chomp that hook.

The GOP doesn't follow the rule of law. Laws don't apply to them, just the peons under foot.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 13, 2019
I guess they were trying to outdo Texas:

Link

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
April 14, 2019
The South is misogynist AF. Even guys who consider themselves liberal and woke act like this. I lived in Texas for 30 years. I have no idea why anyone would want to live there.
I agree with Ketchup- at what point did I do my state a disservice for never going back because it drives away the kind of people that would fight this? sad smiley
April 28, 2019
Many of the people who think abortion is murder also think birth control is murder and you can bet that is the next topic on their list.

I knew a woman who lost her virginity on her wedding night and 9 mos. later she had a baybee. A few mos. later pignant again. She was 22 with two kids. When I was around them it was crazy tense and everyone was stressed out and unhappy. Her marriage was pretty much in shambles (they will stay together because of religion) because it isn't fun to work full time, be married and have two young children at 22. She told me birth control is murder and that is when I realized why it was crazy tense in their house, there was no nooky taking place. We went through all forms of birth control and condoms (without spermicide) were the only ones acceptable for her. They had been childhood sweethearts and were very much in love for years before the first inpig killed it all. The interesting part is that she didn't talk about church or act much like a fundie except for when it came to birth control.

At some point people like this either embrace birth control or they become crazy bitter (maybe from being sex starved) and want the death penalty for abortion.
May 12, 2019
Ohio republicans seem to want women who have ectopic pregnancies to die, because they deem the standard of care (removing the egg or sometimes the fallopian tube and egg together) to be an abortion. They want these women to have a fantasy treatment that doesn't exist and isn't possible - removing the egg from the site of incorrect implantation and place it in the uterus. They want insurance not to pay for the woman's treatment if she doesn't get the egg implanted in the right spot, even though that's a fantasy treatment that is not possible in real life and there is nothing that can be done to "save" the fertilized egg.
exploding face
All these yokels are obviously trying to get one or more of these draconian laws to go before the Supreme Court so Roe v. Wade can be struck down.
May 12, 2019
I love that on a local, state, and national basis, we have FAR bigger problems to deal with and people are still trying to find ways to make abortion a crime. While we're at it, let's stone women for being blasphemers for saying they don't want to be pregnant too. Because clearly all women want babies, and the ones who don't are witches. It's about on the same track as making abortion a murder charge.

I'm also seeing shit about Wisconsin, I think it was, considering attaching a murder charge to miscarriages. Like seriously, we have NOTHING better to do than this shit? Nothing at all? It's like being inside your house as it burns down and deciding to fix the sink. Focusing on the wrong fucking problems here, people.

How's about a trade-off, then: if prenatal abortion is a crime, can we make post-natal abortion legal? Everyone seems so fucking hung up on protecting the clumps, so can we make it legal to kill them once they come out? Seems like the people screaming the loudest about criminalizing abortion aren't doing too much to make sure the kids that are "saved" are provided for, so it seems to imply that it's only bad to "kill" them when they're pre-born. Because that's probably what's gonna happen anyway, regardless of how legal it is. You force women to have unwanted kids by taking away their rights and you'll see a sharp uptick in the number of child murders.
May 13, 2019
This whole thing is just sick. At the same time as Alabama is trying to make abortion illegal, they're also trying to have women charged for accusing anyone of rape that doesn't end in a conviction. The penalty is 10 years in jail for that.

This is going to make it much more difficult for rape victims to come forward and report. Rape is traumatic and terrifying, and if facing a possible ten-year prison sentence could result, I can see a lot of rapes not being reported.

The republican party is becoming more about a war on women, gay, trans, POC, immigrants, disabled, sick, elderly, etc.

The sad thing is that a lot of Dump fans think that he's going to help them, and in reality, he couldn't care less about anyone.
May 13, 2019
Cambion
I'm also seeing shit about Wisconsin, I think it was, considering attaching a murder charge to miscarriages. Like seriously, we have NOTHING better to do than this shit? Nothing at all? It's like being inside your house as it burns down and deciding to fix the sink. Focusing on the wrong fucking problems here, people.

I think it is one in three pregnancies end in a miscarriage. Are these people crazy? Most women have had miscarriages. Is this some sneaky way to start putting all women in prison or something? This is worse than the Salem witch hunt. Any woman can be accused of having a miscarriage and how could she prove otherwise?
Insane people aren't going to be able to focus on the problems in any case.

Birth control will be attacked next because it is premeditated murder according to some fringe groups.
May 13, 2019
The He-Man Woman Haters Club is out in full force.

Know what happens to all those women who are convicted and jailed for abortion and miscarriage? When they finally get out of prison, they're felons and lose the right to vote. Richard Spencer thinks women shouldn't be able to vote. I forget the name of a Rethuglican politician that had an anonymous reddit account and was posting misogyny on MRA sites. By stripping liberal women of the right to vote, you add them to the already marginalized groups who either cannot vote, cannot get to the polls to vote or whose votes are gerrymandered into non-existence.

Some people might say that this is an unintended consequence, but I don't believe that at all. I believe they thought out every angle, and are masturbating each other with glee over the prospect of stripping bodily agency and the voting franchise from women, especially liberal women.

Who is left to vote? Conservative women and white men, of course.
May 13, 2019
Peace
The He-Man Woman Haters Club is out in full force.

Know what happens to all those women who are convicted and jailed for abortion and miscarriage? When they finally get out of prison, they're felons and lose the right to vote. Richard Spencer thinks women shouldn't be able to vote. I forget the name of a Rethuglican politician that had an anonymous reddit account and was posting misogyny on MRA sites. By stripping liberal women of the right to vote, you add them to the already marginalized groups who either cannot vote, cannot get to the polls to vote or whose votes are gerrymandered into non-existence.

Some people might say that this is an unintended consequence, but I don't believe that at all. I believe they thought out every angle, and are masturbating each other with glee over the prospect of stripping bodily agency and the voting franchise from women, especially liberal women.

Who is left to vote? Conservative women and white men, of course.

Don't forget Russia.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
May 15, 2019
Here's a thought: if the fetus is a person at six weeks, does that mean that someone can take out a life insurance policy on them, and collect if the mother miscarries?

Is a pregnant woman in the country illegally no longer subject to deportation because she's carrying a citizen?
May 15, 2019
It seems to me that the Rethuglican Party would like to erradicate anyone who isn't a pro-life republican voter - any means necessary. This is such a sick, disgusting thing to me, that I can't get my mind to even believe it's a serious concern. I'm hoping and praying that the Democrats are able to win the election in 2020. I fear for anyone living in the States who isn't a rich, white pro-life republican.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login