Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pro-Natalism in movies: The Silence

Posted by freya 
Pro-Natalism in movies: The Silence
April 10, 2019
Started watching "The Silence" and stopped after about 19 minutes due to the pro-natalist propaganda:

@ approx. 10 minutes: grandmoo says "I don't want the kids to see. They're all that matters now."
Because adults don't count for shit. But the world is dependent on adults to raise kids. The world doesn't need kids for anything other than sucking resources. So it seems to me that adults are more important than kids.

@ approx. 18 minutes: Woman dies carrying noise maker, they kick her off the train because of it. Any noise brings about the creatures who kill. Newly baked loaves are going to squeal but is there any reason why the woman had to carry the squealer to her death? Why wasn't the baby abandoned to die alone? Reference what the grandmoo said earlier about brats being all that matters. Anyone with a brain in their skull would abandon any noise makers post haste because they are going to die regardless.

Short of the pro-natalist tripe this could be a great movie but I don't care to find out. I'm sure a brat will end up being the hero because that would be a dumb, predictable ending to glorify the breeders and their ilk.
Re: Pro-Natalism in movies: The Silence
April 28, 2019
Other pronatalist movies that I haven't seen because some premises make me really annoyed and skeptical of ridiculous convoluted premises: Bird Box (lol you look ridiculous Sandra but get that money..), Chappie (2015), The Discovery (2017), Arrival (2016)

Maybe I am just a miserable jerk- but lord Wall-E is cute, poor little robot. What do you think? Is it starting to get...irresponsible to make such idealistic movies where people who 'can afford to' just jettison themselves off to space to escape their global warming problem? Not that media regularly handles anything responsibly with the gravity it deserves...Nah, I'm probably just being alarmist....can't turn my brain off and just enjoy it though...

benevolent Anti-natalist, pro-abortion, pro-smut, anti-sleeze, eat the rich, fuck childbirth. pro-black, lgbtqia? Cool. *thumbs up*
April 28, 2019
I actually liked Chappie, didn't really notice any pro-natalism in it (but to be fair I was too distracted by that one woman's Dog awful accent).
April 28, 2019
moonmoonthegreat
Other pronatalist movies that I haven't seen because some premises make me really annoyed and skeptical of ridiculous convoluted premises: Bird Box (lol you look ridiculous Sandra but get that money..), Chappie (2015), The Discovery (2017), Arrival (2016)

Maybe I am just a miserable jerk- but lord Wall-E is cute, poor little robot. What do you think? Is it starting to get...irresponsible to make such idealistic movies where people who 'can afford to' just jettison themselves off to space to escape their global warming problem? Not that media regularly handles anything responsibly with the gravity it deserves...Nah, I'm probably just being alarmist....can't turn my brain off and just enjoy it though...

The environmental message of Wall-E had potential but was ruined by the way the story was twisted.
Also in the final credits, they listed all of the babies and kids born during the making of the movie.
Talk about NOT getting the message !
April 29, 2019
Apparently the latest installment is a movie called "Unplanned." It's based on the book by a former PP worker (supposedly) who had two abortions herself and supposedly witnessed an abortion and went over to the forced birther side because of it.

Dr. Whora is recommending that parents take their kids to the movie starting at age 9 or 10. The promos for the movies say an abortion is filmed, but because this is a fundy production it has to be a dramatization. By all means, traumatize your kids and start the brainwashing and demonization of (full grown, adult) women early. Of course she opined that it was a "balanced presentation of what REALLY GOES ON." Seems to me like a balanced presentation would include or address: men who get women pregnant, including by rape and incest, who is going to pay for the forced-birthed results of an anti-choice policy, or a woman slowly dying of sepsis because she went to a backalley hack.

ETA: Other movies not to bother with:

Four Christmases. Reese Whiterspoon and Vince Vaughn's characters start out as a supposedly-CF couple who do not want kids. The woman of course flips and they break up. The guy Sees the Error of His WaysTM, comes back, and insta-baybee is born.

Game Night is stupid anyway and it has an underlying theme of coaxing a reluctant husband into fatherhood to boot. Just say no.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login