Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moos talk about new moos and their stupid gender-reveal parties

Posted by mumofsixbirds 
Moos talk about new moos and their stupid gender-reveal parties
April 28, 2019
I hope everyone is having a good weekend. Yesterday my husband and I had to do a little shopping in the morning, so we went to our local grocery store to check out the sales. I got to the checkout, and I unloaded my stuff. While the clerk is ringing my stuff through, another woman employee comes over to discuss their break times.

That's when I overheard them talking about another moo-to-be at work was having a loaf, and throwing the godawful Gender Reveal Party. They were complaining about how ridiculous it is to do that, and that it's called a "Baby Shower" and WTF do they have to attend that stupid thing in the first place?

I'm assuming these two women were moos, because they were middle-aged, and just looked like moos. I think I have a pretty good working Moo-Dar. Also, most of the women in my area are moos, because I live in the beginning of the Bible-Belt area.

I had to bite my tongue, because I wanted to say, "Next, they'll be wanting to throw 'Hey I Just Got Laid' parties." I didn't say that, though, because I could have offended them, and I just didn't feel like the drama.

My husband paid for our stuff, and we both kind of laughed about the conversation we overheard while we were walking to our car. It was the TRUTH about the entitlement. Just wait. Next, they'll be having the official Loaf Shower, followed by demands for casseroles, Kalamata olives, free slavery and babysitting, etc.

It never fucking ends with these jerks. Not every moo I know has had one of these Gender Reveal parties, but I can just bet that the ones who actually throw them are extremely entitled, and expect society to give them back-pats and shit because the sperm stuck.
Re: Moos talk about new moos and their stupid gender-reveal parties
April 28, 2019
I always used to think "Gender Reveal Party" meant a trans person had a party to reveal how they look now after surgery.

Maybe they would come out of the house to the tune of "I'm too sexy" by Right said Fred and everyone would clap.

I literally used to think it was a trans thing
Am I the only one who thinks gender reveal parties are not just stupid, but also cruel?

Imagine, the poor innocent bub having an entire society-worth of expectations heaped on them while they're still forming in the womb.

What if the cake has the wrong fondant inside it? What if the balloon has the wrong confetti in it?

And what if the doctor was wrong? That shit still happens, even with more modern versions of sonograms; Doctor says they're having a boy but it turns out to be a girl.
cfdavep
I always used to think "Gender Reveal Party" meant a trans person had a party to reveal how they look now after surgery.

Maybe they would come out of the house to the tune of "I'm too sexy" by Right said Fred and everyone would clap.

I literally used to think it was a trans thing

Actually, my husband had mentioned yesterday in the car, that he thought it meant something for a Trans person as well. "Welcome to my Gender Reveal Party. I'm about to reveal my gender, and it's not what you think."
April 28, 2019
It's just another way for expectant Moos to snag more free shit. It used to be they just got a loaf shower and that was it, but now they're finding ways of getting themselves several showers and just giving them different names because they want their life choice entirely paid for by everyone else and not just partially.

After all, you can only get so many gifts and so much money from a single shower, but when you have a normal shower, a gender reveal party, mommy parties (girls-only baby shower to pamper the Moo), daddy parties (baby shower for the father with men-only guests), push presents, sprinkle parties (baby showers with not so many gifts for second, third, etc. pregnancies), office showers and welcome to the world showers (post-birth party to meet the new loaf), you're bound to get most of the shit on your brat registry.

By the way, those are all actual types of showers. I did not make up mommy parties and welcome to the world showers.

I find it's best to just avoid such things altogether because it's stuff I don't give a fuck about. Lemme know when you do something that's actually useful or requires actual effort and then I'll congratulate you, give you a gift and come to your party. Anyone can get pregnant, it's not fucking special. I won't even give you a gift in 20 years if the kid turns out okay because I'm not going to congratulate you for doing what's expected of you.
April 28, 2019
Cambion
I find it's best to just avoid such things altogether because it's stuff I don't give a fuck about. Lemme know when you do something that's actually useful or requires actual effort and then I'll congratulate you, give you a gift and come to your party. Anyone can get pregnant, it's not fucking special. I won't even give you a gift in 20 years if the kid turns out okay because I'm not going to congratulate you for doing what's expected of you.

I was told once while in my early twenties that it was best to attend such events and bring gifts because one day it would be reciprocated to me (ha ha). It seems very vulgar and crass to only attend and bring gifts to showers for future reciprocation. And we all have heard the stories of moos and brides having melt-downs because their guests didn't meet the unrealistic spend quota on gifts that the cuckoo womben had artificially inflated in their heads.
April 28, 2019
Cambion
It's just another way for expectant Moos to snag more free shit. It used to be they just got a loaf shower and that was it, but now they're finding ways of getting themselves several showers and just giving them different names because they want their life choice entirely paid for by everyone else and not just partially.

After all, you can only get so many gifts and so much money from a single shower, but when you have a normal shower, a gender reveal party, mommy parties (girls-only baby shower to pamper the Moo), daddy parties (baby shower for the father with men-only guests), push presents, sprinkle parties (baby showers with not so many gifts for second, third, etc. pregnancies), office showers and welcome to the world showers (post-birth party to meet the new loaf), you're bound to get most of the shit on your brat registry.

By the way, those are all actual types of showers. I did not make up mommy parties and welcome to the world showers.

I have also heard of Grandmoo parties (2 or more) so that she will have a second set of all the babies needs to stay at her home for baby visits so the crap doesn't need to be hauled place to place by the parents.
We should just call all these parties what they are: gift grabs. Another case of breeders depending on an outpouring of free stuff so they can afford the brat they insist on having.

If anyone ever has a shower, gender reveal, grandparent party (yeesh, that's a reach) and just outright INSISTS that no one be allowed to bring in gifts, *then* I'll believe they're just interested in sharing their own "joy" with their family and friends. Until then, it's demanding free stuff because they want everyone else to help support their loaf. No thanks.
kittehpeoples
We should just call all these parties what they are: gift grabs. Another case of breeders depending on an outpouring of free stuff so they can afford the brat they insist on having.

If anyone ever has a shower, gender reveal, grandparent party (yeesh, that's a reach) and just outright INSISTS that no one be allowed to bring in gifts, *then* I'll believe they're just interested in sharing their own "joy" with their family and friends. Until then, it's demanding free stuff because they want everyone else to help support their loaf. No thanks.

So true! I also find it appalling that these ladies are coworkers and feel obligated to go to this. I don't know if it's pressure from their employer or just an intrusive moo-to-be employee who is dragging everyone she knows from work to attend. I just remember seeing some eye-rolling and it was pretty hard not to say anything. Frankly, I think these parties and showers are all bullshit, and nobody should feel obligated to go.

I think my husband's idea of what a Gender Reveal party is would be much more fun, and I'd love to attend one of those.
April 29, 2019
freya
I was told once while in my early twenties that it was best to attend such events and bring gifts because one day it would be reciprocated to me (ha ha). It seems very vulgar and crass to only attend and bring gifts to showers for future reciprocation. And we all have heard the stories of moos and brides having melt-downs because their guests didn't meet the unrealistic spend quota on gifts that the cuckoo womben had artificially inflated in their heads.

LOL that's a good one. Aside from the assumption that every single woman breeds, breeders will most likely not reciprocate said gifts and then blame it on their brats. "Oh hey, sorry for not getting you a shower gift. Fuckleigh'ee needed (thing)." Even if that's a lie. Why? It's free to make shit up and say "sorry." But boy they'll sure expect you to pony up for their next shower or for their kids' birthdays/Christmas gifts.

kittehpeoples

That's precisely what they are. Hmmm, now I'm wondering what other things Moos could make up in order to maximize the amount of crap they get.

Cambion's List of Pignancy Gift Grab Ideas

1. Nine for Nine shower: Begin a tradition of giving the mother-to-be nine gifts, one for each month of pregnancy.

2. Full Closet shower: Make sure the precious bundle of joy has one outfit for each day of the week so they can look sharp while shitting their pants.

3. Bumps & Curves shower: Buy Moo maternity clothes. No ugly frumpy muumuus either, only clothes that will make her look like a model while still sporting a huge bloated gut.

4. Pantry shower: Everyone cook Moo a bunch of meals to last her for several months so she can bond with baybee. Be mindful of Moo's bullshit food pickiness that she will no doubt instill in her child. Also, buy her a huge freezer to keep them all in too.

5. White shower: Buy Moo stylish nursing bras so she can feel like a hot sexy momma while she nourishes her precious miracle. If no stylish nursing bras exist, have one custom-made for her.

6. Spa shower: Everybody pitch in to take Moo out for a spa day so she can feel like a queen and get pampered. Repeat every month and/or at Moo's request to ensure maximum pampering. She deserves it, after all!

7. Tinkle shower: A shower specifically for gifting Moo diapers. Oh, but no cloth nappies because she's much too busy to clean them. Landfill fodder only!

8. Helping Hands shower: Everyone pitch in to help with child care, at no charge to Moo, of course. After all, since one person decided to make a new human being, that means it's up to everyone to help care for it! Line up to sign up for your babysitting shifts (I think we discussed this shit in a past thread) so Moo can have ample breaks while still claiming to be doing TMIJITW. Female friends only because as we all know, all men are pedophiles. eye rolling smiley

9. Tidy shower: Everyone sign up to clean Moo's house. Gotta keep it clean for baybee! You pay for and provide your own cleaning supplies and you must use organic and hypo-allergenic supplies so Junior doesn't get sick.

I shouldn't give them ideas.
April 29, 2019
Cambion
kittehpeoples
That's precisely what they are. Hmmm, now I'm wondering what other things Moos could make up in order to maximize the amount of crap they get.
Cambion's List of Pignancy Gift Grab Ideas

BINGO kittehpeoples.

Cambion, remember the moo who had the "helpful" laundry list for all the populace who she was positive were desperate to visit a moo post sluice? Your list reminds me of her crazy demands. Basically, if you want to be around the blessed loaf, prepare to put in hours of free labor and pitch in for the gift grab. Expect to spend the same amount of money/time as you would on a weekend getaway. And don't leave out the moo's older kids out of the gift grab either. Full Closet Shower is my favorite.

Give gifts even if you can't attend in person and give generously because sex organs have been identified and now sex organ specific items must be purchased so that strangers are put at ease because they can identify the bald wonder at a safe distance. We can't have baybees in public that have a questionable gender. Why do people care so much about the sex organs of baybees anyways? It will be a solid 14+ years before those organs serve any purpose. Much better to try to disguise those huge baybee heads so that they look less like aliens.
freya
Give gifts even if you can't attend in person and give generously because sex organs have been identified and now sex organ specific items must be purchased so that strangers are put at ease because they can identify the bald wonder at a safe distance.

If I ever get invited to a gender reveal party, I'm sending condoms in case it's a boy and diaphragms in case it's a girl with a note saying don't worry, they'll grow into them.
kittehpeoples
freya
Give gifts even if you can't attend in person and give generously because sex organs have been identified and now sex organ specific items must be purchased so that strangers are put at ease because they can identify the bald wonder at a safe distance.

If I ever get invited to a gender reveal party, I'm sending condoms in case it's a boy and diaphragms in case it's a girl with a note saying don't worry, they'll grow into them.

beating with a lol hammer

I'm glad to hear that fellow mom-types are chafing at the stupid "gender-reveal" party business. freya is right...all that's been figured out is some organs and structures in the fetus's body. Stupid parents think that's the baby's "gender" are in for a rude awakening if their kid is trans and the organs don't match the kid's gender.

It's just another gift grab, and yet another way to reinforce rigid gender roles (which seem to be even more ironclad than they were a couple decades ago!).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login