Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Childless/free woman freaks out on Mooday

Posted by cfdavep 
Childless/free woman freaks out on Mooday
May 13, 2019
https://old.reddit.com/r/relationship_advice/comments/bnrv9w/my_sister_caused_a_scene_at_mothers_day_brunch/

A guy with three kids took his mother to a restaurant and his sister went also. Part way through the meal she freaked out and told everyone that no one acknowledges that she is a cat mom to 4 cats after throwing a fork and spitting in a plant.

The post led to a lot of comments were some people said that she is probably sick of being the ignored sibling cause....no kids. The woman cheated on her fiance 10 years before and since has not found someone, so it's maybe a CL thing where a wannamoo messed up in her late 20's and never found a guy to settle and have kids with after that.

or she is CF and thinks that she is evil for that and doesn't know how to admit it to herself. Other commenters called her a brat and said that it is not her day so stay away
Re: Childless/free woman freaks out on Mooday
May 13, 2019
If Mother's Day was the only day Moos demanded worship...

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
May 13, 2019
cfdavep
The post led to a lot of comments were some people said that she is probably sick of being the ignored sibling cause....no kids. The woman cheated on her fiance 10 years before and since has not found someone, so it's maybe a CL thing where a wannamoo messed up in her late 20's and never found a guy to settle and have kids with after that.

I think it is one or both of these. She seems to have too much anguish to be CF. Probably has regret about the one who got away or something.
May 13, 2019
Ehhhh, doesn't sound like a childfree person. Sounds like a bitter childless woman who probably did want kids, but never found someone to have them with (she sounds kinda nuts, so I'm not surprised), so she used cats as substitute children. Because I honestly can't think of a bona fide CFer throwing a hissy fit in public for not being acknowledged as a pet owner/parent on Mother's Day. I know many of us refer to ourselves as moms and dads of various fuzzy/feathery/scaly critters, but I've never heard of a childfree person actually getting butthurt over not being referred to as a parent on a parent-centric holiday.

And yeah, the Moo praising her bred children for giving her grand-turds in front of the childless sibling was probably kinda rubbing salt in the wound. Or for all we know, maybe the Moo in question is a cunt and intentionally rubbed her unchilded daughter's face in her other children's biological achievements because she knew it would upset her. I feel like I don't know enough about this family to take a side.
May 13, 2019
The Childfree does have dip shits in its midst, although such are much rarer than the parent population.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
May 21, 2019
Hilariously I get tagged in moo-day posts because I was raised by mormons (ew gag, I escaped as soon as I could!), and one year I was tagged by an old "friend".

I untagged myself and made my own post not mentioning him or his post at all. "Cant believe I had to untag myself from a mother's day post! bouncing smileysgrinning smiley" -That was it, nothing more.

Old "friend" saw it and threw a giant tantrum! "Better to cover all women than risk missing a real mother! Don't worry, you won't have to risk anything that horrible from me again! Unfriending now! >sad smiley>sad smiley"

Now I happen to know that mothers in general don't appreciate non-mothers being included in mother's day praise posts, so this was fucking hilarious to me. Ooooh big mormon priesthood maaayaaan really put me in my place! How dare I speak up.
May 21, 2019
Presto
Now I happen to know that mothers in general don't appreciate non-mothers being included in mother's day praise posts, so this was fucking hilarious to me. Ooooh big mormon priesthood maaayaaan really put me in my place! How dare I speak up.

Yes! How many times have we seen breeders bitching about people being called "cat mom" or "dog mom"? This is just like everything else...you can't fucking please breeders.
May 21, 2019
kittehpeoples
Presto

Yes! How many times have we seen breeders bitching about people being called "cat mom" or "dog mom"? This is just like everything else...you can't fucking please breeders.

Good points. Personally I do not think of myself as my cat's "mom". If I wanted to be a mom, I'd raise children. But I know not everyone has the same perspective on pets. I don't bother getting offended if I'm referred to as a "cat mom", nor do I demand attention for mother's day.

As for the highly unhappy CF/CL lady on mother's day...hard to say what's going on. Families are complicated. Could be that her mom's been a real tool about the grandkids thing. Could be that she's not entirely secure in her non-childed status. Could be that her childed siblings are smegheads, along with the kids, and she hit the breaking point. Could be that she's an awkward, emotionally stunted dolt who can't manage to keep a boy/girl/nb friend long enough to even THINK about having kids, and she's coming unglued. Who knows.
May 22, 2019
Presto
Old "friend" saw it and threw a giant tantrum! "Better to cover all women than risk missing a real mother! Don't worry, you won't have to risk anything that horrible from me again! Unfriending now! >sad smiley>sad smiley"

What an overreaction on his part. He could have just said nothing but that wouldn't be congruent with the judgy behavior of a priesthood maaayannn. No loss there!

More than anything, I feel bad for his army of kids.
May 22, 2019
kittehpeoples
Presto

Ready and waiting for someone to legally change her/his name to Mom or Mahm or similar. That will give the breeders something to really bitch about! Imagine having to address someone else as Mom/Mahm who hasn't had kids or is a man. The horror!
June 06, 2019
freya
Presto

What an overreaction on his part. He could have just said nothing but that wouldn't be congruent with the judgy behavior of a priesthood maaayannn. No loss there!

More than anything, I feel bad for his army of kids.
Always interesting what people really turn out to be like as adults, isn't it? I'd known him since middle school, then we hung out a lot after graduating, seemed to be great friends, but then this... lol!
I snooped his FB. Multiple relationships, seems to be trying to stay tight with his mormon family although I know he doesn't believe. Probably for money. Only two kids, that's a relief, but too bad he's their dad, from the looks of everything.
He talked about some intense childhood trauma, but if he's following the mormon way, the mantra is to fake it till you make it, bury it and trust jeeeeesus, which really just means pass it down like tradition. sarcastic clapping

I'm so anti mormon I went for therapy and fuck brats instead! grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login