Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thanos was right!

Posted by JoJo 
Thanos was right!
May 15, 2019
So I finally watched Avengers: Infinity War to see what the big hoopla was all about. The 'villain', Thanos was from a planet which ended up being destroyed by overpopulation, and made it his mission to invade planets and kill half their population to prevent it happening again. Anyhoo, the plot was that he'd found a way to instantly, painlessly, kill half the population of every planet, and the 'heroes' were trying to stop him.

Was I supposed to think that, "yeah, it's brutal, but a lot better than a slow death from starvation or disease"?
Re: Thanos was right!
May 15, 2019
I love the logic behind Thanos' idea, I just don't like how randomly he went about it - if you're gonna wipe out half the population, might as well go full genocide and kill off criminals, rapists, murderers, homophobes, terrorists, animal/child abusers etc. This is why I liked Light Yagami in the original Death Note, or at least, in the beginning when bad people only were his targets.

To randomly off half the universe is no guarantee that life would automatically be better; he theoretically wiped out a lot of good people - scientists, doctors, heroes, you know people who can help the world be better - along with maybe some trash.

It's like doing the dishes, but only doing it half-assed.
May 15, 2019
True, but how would he be able to differentiate between good and bad?
May 15, 2019
JoJo
True, but how would he be able to differentiate between good and bad?

Yeah, given how he treated his daughters, he's not exactly a good judge of character.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login