Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Special moo forced to leave salon because of no kid policy

Posted by cfdavep 
Special moo forced to leave salon because of no kid policy
May 19, 2019
https://old.reddit.com/r/childfree/comments/bqejmh/lady_brings_her_kid_to_a_childfree_salon_gets/

Salon went kid free due to customers needing to relax...ie there had to be a lot of complaints, and puts sign on door. Regular customer moo doesn't notice new sign and bring kid in and is told "no kids unless kid is getting a service and parent is with them" Moo freaks as she has an "eyelash appointment" and salon says "this time it is ok, but for a $30 fee we will make sure kid does not leave salon until moo is done" Moo freaks and claims SHE has to calm down owner, then goes on to say that moos and sprog need to be welcome as long as they are "evaluated on a case by case basis"
Re: Special moo forced to leave salon because of no kid policy
May 19, 2019
More of this needs to happen. Going out in public is getting unbearable due to the many assholes thinking the rules don't apply to them. Those same assholes are the ones that end up driving up the costs of doing business for the owners and the cost of goods for customers.

1. People who let their brats free-range in stores, causing damage and pissing off customers. And causing staff to be forced to be parents, which they are not paid for.
2. People who take advantage of return policies and bring in their old crap because they want new. And often bring in a haul of brats with them to put further pressure on the staff to get what they want.
3. People who let their brats free-range in restaurants. Even if none of the people in the restaurant within earshot say anything, everyone but the idiot parunts who brought the kids in had their time ruined. And causing staff to be parents and be stuck with unhappy customers who may not tip well because their dining experience has been ruined. And staff dealing with this happening numerous times throughout their workshifts. And staff having to waste time deep cleaning a table and the surroundings due to unhinged brats make huge messes. They much rather have new tables and potential tips for good service.
4. People who come into grocery stores, select their food and flip out when they don't get whatever made up discount they've decided they deserve and throw fits about it. Luckily, some grocery stores have a "no tolerance" policy and call the police when this happens.
5. People who bring their brats into a place where it is 21 and over because they are serving alcohol. Places get their liquor license pulled for stunts like this because the parunts aren't going to be paying attention when the brat steals a sip. And if it can be proved that the brat was at a bar and later is sick or damages something as a result this could mean the liquor license goes bye-bye. And staff have to waste their time babysitting brats instead of doing their job. There are enough brats over 21 that have to be babysat in this situation.
May 19, 2019
Kids are really annoying. They used to be pretty bad when I was growing up, but now they're ten times worse. I remember when my mother and I were at the grocery store and some feral brat was having a meltdown. My mother would grab my hand, pull me past, and say, "Fuckin' kid!" loud enough for both the moo and brat to hear. This happened quite a few times from what I remember.

It was somewhat embarrassing when I was that age, but now I think about it and feel that a little of my mother has been passed on to me! grinning smiley

If parents had any iota of control over their blessed spawns, then these sorts of rules wouldn't have to be implemented by businesses. They basically ruined it for themselves by allowing their kids to behave bratty everywhere, anywhere, no matter where they were and who was around.
May 21, 2019
cfdavep
moos and sprog need to be welcome as long as they are "evaluated on a case by case basis"

Because every small business owner has time to sit down to interview every bitch who walks in with her brat and expects the rules to shatter just for her....
May 22, 2019
I'm glad that salon enforced the rule. Thirty bucks extra is reasonable, considering that they're basically having to watch the kid while Mom's getting her hair done. Anyone who's stuck with that won't be able to take a client, and that's money lost. Might as well have the one responsible pay for that loss.

There's one bar the spouse and I occasionally patronize that is SUPER strict about the 'no minors' rule. I love them for it. The manager (call her J) is an awesome lady who's super-sweet, sassy, and puts up with NOTHING. I've seen J go toe-to-toe with drunken assholes and remove them from the bar. I've also seen her enforce the "no minors" rule just as strictly. J should open a school for bar, restaurant, and retail managers to teach them how to kick ass when needed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login