Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Helpful article

Posted by Techie 
Helpful article
May 19, 2019
I know that I am preaching to the choir here, but here is a link that can work as a good backing. The anti-choice movement has been getting out of hand and every little bit can help.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/4/18/1851233/-The-5-Most-Persistent-Anti-Choice-Lies-and-Why-They-re-Wrong

We cannot let anti-choice movement continue unchecked. Lies need to be exposed.
Re: Helpful article
May 19, 2019
thanks, I posted it to Facebook!
May 19, 2019
All we can really hope for is that lawmakers will pull their heads out of their asses. I know abortions suck - they're no one's idea of a fun night out, and in an ideal world, they wouldn't be necessary. But the fact of the matter is things happen that make them very necessary. As someone once said forever ago, "If you don't like abortion, then don't have one." Restricting access to them or taking it away entirely won't fix anything, including the need for them.

Pro-liars don't get that outlawing abortion won't stop them from happening. It'll just stop them from happening safely. Not that that matters to them because if a woman goes to the ER for a botched coat hanger abortion, she can just be put in jail for "murder," and if she dies from complications of a half-assed abortion, she deserves it for being a baby-killing whore, right? eye rolling smiley Doesn't matter if it's someone with two other kids at home who she couldn't take care of properly with a third loaf. It's quanity and not quality in this neck of the world.

I bet if we made pro-lifers raise the brats they "save," they won't be able to keep abortion legal fast enough. Can't afford that eleventh loaf that was spared the vacuum, Mr. Bible Humper? Welp, shouda thought about that before you decided that abortion was horrible and took the right away from women. I bet there's be a sudden uptick in PNAs under such circumstances too. But oh, that would be okay because at least they didn't kill defenseless unborn babies.
May 20, 2019
reeniebessagain
thanks, I posted it to Facebook!

I did the same. This is something that I'm really passionate about. I believe that it should ALWAYS be a woman's individual right to choose, no matter what. The fact that lawmakers are trying to make it illegal really bugs me.
May 20, 2019
What should be embarrassing to these idiots is how ignorant they are. But no, they are proud of their ignorance and they wear it like a badge of honor. Exhibit A: Trump and Pruitt and all the other right wing Bible Humpers who don't "believe in" global warming.

And these idiots who unconcerned about passing abortion restrictions with no provisions for rape or incent because a woman cannot get pregnant from a 'real rape'

It's so scary to hear these dumb males with no medical training talk about women's medical conditions. And know they are writing laws based on their ignorance. Trump specializes in anti-intellectualism.
May 20, 2019
Yup, it's pretty sick. For some reason, it weirdly angers me even more is when pro liar women try to get involved with changing laws about abortion. It fucking pisses me off, and I feel it is a betrayal to us. Especially where rape and pregnancy are a result.

If it happened to one of their daughters, you'd better believe they'd be the first ones in line at the abortion clinic.

Hypocrites and liars, all of them.
May 20, 2019
What bugs me the most is the lack public outcry over this, on a massive scale. Do people have their heads so deep in the sand that they don’t care? This is not the first pro-liar stunt in the last 10 years. Not at all. Certain states have been passing abortion time bans, closing down clinics, intimidated doctors, eliminated funding, the list goes on. Not much is being brought to light. Why? There is more coverage about royal babies than there is about this very basic human right. It always puzzled me how some laws can be broken so easily and there are no consequences for any of it. Abortion has been decided as legal by Supreme Court. Yet, this very basic law is being violated, state by state. This has got to stop.

Dog forbid someone smokes a joint in a place like Utah. Can’t be breaking them laws! But when human rights are being violated on a large scale, basically against 1/2 of the population, it all seems ok with mainstream media and everywhere else. Very disturbing situation. Let’s not forget, Hitler was not pro-choice and nor was his buddy Stalin
May 21, 2019
Gee, the celebs are coming out about their abortions and there is a lot of stuff about it on social media, plus Jim Carrey drew a funny picture.

Celebs also talk about bullying and depression, but those are still things and will get worse like everything else, so I don't think the celebs are helping much on this one. Bizzy Philips says she is really scared for women, not herself, because she is wealthy. She basically says she is afraid for women who can't afford international travel or a least to make a week of it in a blue state.
May 21, 2019
Cambion
Pro-liars don't get that outlawing abortion won't stop them from happening. It'll just stop them from happening safely.

I think they get it, and further, that they're okay with it. With all the talk from conservatives that women should be "forced" to have kids, and that they "deserve" forced birthing for the crime of having sex, I think they view dying in an alley from a botched abortion as justice served for being sexually active and not wanting kids.

(Recently saw a lovely post pointing out that pro-liars who are willing to make exceptions for rape and incest cases are outright admitting that it's all about punishing women for willingly having sex, because with rape and incest victims, "it's not their fault." Ugh.)
May 21, 2019
Some people may find it offensive, but I believe that abortion should be available, legally and safely, upon request, without any restrictions. Late term restrictions, to me, are also restrictions and I have no support for restrictions.

I support taxpayer funded abortions for all dwellers of the USA, regardless of their immigration status. Just like a hospital cannot turn away a sick person just because they are unable to pay for the treatment, same should apply for abortions.

Regardless of what people to the right of the isle may claim, abortions are indeed rare and abortions do save lives. Lifting all of the restrictions and having taxpayer cover the costs will not bankrupt the USA. I see an opposite effect. A woman who chose to terminate is likely to seek employment and education. She is much more likely to be a productive member of the society. Cost of the procedure will be paid by her many times over in tax dollars that she will contribute.

One of the very good things that has happened in the past is that health insurance was required to cover the cost of birth control for women. There were a lot of crocodile tears from the right (yes, that includes you, John Boehner), there were many memes about how insurance companies would go broke and how the world is a day away from turning upside down. Anyone with a half functioning brain knew that birth control coverage did not create a financial disaster but actually made insurance companies money.

I use the example of birth control coverage because it was a success. But we all know that birth control is not 100% effective for everyone. Abortion should be available even more freely than birth control. An adolescent should be permitted to obtain an abortion without parental consent. Chances are, there was no parental consent to get pregnant, why should we have parental consent to abort?

We have made progress in the past and we are going to make progress again. What I have written is not just my personal view, it is a view that is shared by tens of millions. People in the public office, they work for us. If enough of us demand a change, people in the public office will have no choice but to support it.
May 22, 2019
I think I know why the "right" and rich men business owners don't want abortion: Fewer poor young people to boss around and not pay well and fewer young people to join the service. I read that since 1973 there have been 50 million abortions in the US alone: That means our population would be 350 M instead of 300 and while that's better for the environment, it's bad if you want to low pay young people. What better way to keep a lot of young people slaves than to outlaw safe abortion? Lack of birth control and abortion also keeps poor countries poor forever.

Not only do I want legal safe abortion but women should be able to get operations so they don't have to have kids, just as easily as we get our pets spayed and neutered. But those "old gynes" want women to have more kids for more money.'

Maybe we need a method of do it yourself abortion that is safe and effective, it may come to that.
May 22, 2019
As a woman whose had an abortion and never regretted...even think it's the BEST decision I've ever made for myself my entire lifetime, I have to say that any argument a pro-liar comes up with to make abortion unavailable, I can come up with a much better reason why they should be made available freely and without restriction.

Their arguments are based on a religious belief which I don't share. Their arguments are usually emotional and easily shut down with intellectual thinking.

I think what they do is USE their religion as a way to keep women under control and unequal to men. They use emotional tactics that really hold no water. They want to call us murderers, etc. I'm sorry, but I don't consider myself a baby killer because I had a late-term abortion (16 weeks).

I have compassion for existing humans, not so much for a clump of cells that have no intelligence whatsoever. I use my compassion for living, sentient beings, and feel that the rights of those humans existing are far more important than the rights of a clump of cells.

Abortion is a way to empower women, and the GOP doesn't like it. They'll use any excuse, any argument they can to keep women slaves. That's how they operate. Sorry, but it doesn't work on me, and millions of other women and men, either.

I am feeling hopeful that the protests that have been sparked will make some people have a change of heart. I'm hopeful, but not yet confident.

Also Techie, I agree with everything you've said. If you worry about offending people with the truth, then too bad, so sad for them. I wonder how those offended people would react to a fully-grown woman whose had one and is happy about it and holds those beliefs quite dear? I guess I'd be like the Antichrist to them, lol. Frankly, IDGAF. It's my life, and I would've been stuck in poverty raising that kid by myself if I didn't have an abortion.

Thank God that abortion is freely available and fully covered by Medical in my country! I didn't have to pay a penny out of pocket. That's not only how it should be in Canada, but the rest of the world as well.
May 22, 2019
kittehpeoples
Cambion
Pro-liars don't get that outlawing abortion won't stop them from happening. It'll just stop them from happening safely.

I think they get it, and further, that they're okay with it. With all the talk from conservatives that women should be "forced" to have kids, and that they "deserve" forced birthing for the crime of having sex, I think they view dying in an alley from a botched abortion as justice served for being sexually active and not wanting kids.

(Recently saw a lovely post pointing out that pro-liars who are willing to make exceptions for rape and incest cases are outright admitting that it's all about punishing women for willingly having sex, because with rape and incest victims, "it's not their fault." Ugh.)

The problem with conservatives thinking women should be "forced" to have kids is these women who had accidents take out their frustrations on the kids. No one deserves to be treated that way and "accidents" are much more likely to be treated badly.

And (I think) statistically most women who have abortions already have 2-3 children and realize they have their hands full, so at least the image of the teenager or party girl isn't accurate. These stereotypes need to die out. Most of them women I know who've had an abortion was because they weren't able to take care of a baby. Several had them because the potential father was abusive to the point that their lives were in danger. The image of a woman not wanting kids, being psychologically sound, not being a druggie, having an accident and getting an abortion is too scary for many. There are still many people out there who do not want to believe a woman can make a rational choice to be child free.
May 23, 2019
I think there would be fewer abortions if more women would get "spayed" after having their kids. But as my sisters tell me and I read here, the "Old gynes" don't want to do those kind of operations. If some doctors would be will to do this, it would do a lot of good.

Another idea of mine: When a man goes to the seminary to become a Catholic priest, he has to be neutered. Doing so would prevent him from causing a pregnancy if he does anything sexual with a woman later on, which is bad enough but at least there would not be a child involved.
May 23, 2019
I think pro-liars just like watching women squirm like sadistic kids who rip the legs off a frog one by one and drop it in a bucket of water to watch it helplessly drown. Take away abortions and make it harder to get birth control or sterilizations, make it a crime to abort or miscarry - take everything away so women have no choice but to give birth, and if they try to get smart and induce miscarriages, then punish them for it.

Next they'll probably take away the safe havens because that's a form of reproductive choice too, and if a woman sluices a child, she should be forced to take care of it as punishment for spreading her legs and not get off easy and leave it at the hospital. Much like abortion, taking it away will totally ensure nobody goes and does it anyway, right? eye rolling smiley
May 25, 2019
I called a family member yesterday because I needed to talk to someone about something. She's childless, and a rabid pro lifer. I was calling her about something completely unrelated, but somehow, the conversation turned to her childless state. She knows I've had an abortion. It's not something I keep secret.

She then decided to call me a baby killer, and told me that I should've given my kid to her. Yup, that's what I got. I'm going through some hard times right now, and I don't need to hear that.

I told her that I am NOT a baby killer, and that nobody owed her a kid. Needless to say, I'm not going to talk to her anymore.

I forgot to add that she told me that my kid will be waiting for me in heaven, and then asked me what I'll tell it why I aborted? She went on to say that "God has already created a canser-curer, but the woman carrying it aborted it!111!!"

I can't believe the ignorance and stupidity of people like this. I'm sorry she went through an ectopic pregnancy and she couldn't have kids after that. I've been sympathetic to her about it, but she's holding it against me that I didn't give birth and then hand it to her like it's nothing.

I told her that with all the billions of people on this planet already, if none of them can cure cancer, then that's too bad.

Going through a hard time right now. Want to go away from everyone and everything.
May 28, 2019
The GOP doesn't give a fuck about religion or babies. The GOP panders to the less intelligent and emotionally reactive members of the population to harvest votes and support. They put loud idiots who bloviate about "libtards" on tv because they know this part of the population will follow the loudest idiot in the room. While the moronic voters are bawing about baybies and Jebus, the GOP are passing laws too complex or dull for the brain-dead masses to understand or care about to make themselves richer and more powerful.
May 28, 2019
stillwaters
The GOP doesn't give a fuck about religion or babies. The GOP panders to the less intelligent and emotionally reactive members of the population to harvest votes and support. They put loud idiots who bloviate about "libtards" on tv because they know this part of the population will follow the loudest idiot in the room. While the moronic voters are bawing about baybies and Jebus, the GOP are passing laws too complex or dull for the brain-dead masses to understand or care about to make themselves richer and more powerful.

Things like Patriot Act and Bank Secrecy Act, yes, they do make things very different and difficult for those who seek to do better rather than maintaining status quo. Most idiots, however, will agree to anything that "protects the chyldryn". That's how GOP rolls.
May 28, 2019
One of the things that I find worrisome is lack of action from candidates from the left. Some have said a few things about abortion bans, but not enough to make major headlines. Even people who have massive following and influence like HRC and BHO, they too have been absent from making headlines on the issue of women's rights. I don't know that I understand why GOP is allowed to do whatever they want, without much opposition. We hear about every single tweet from Donald Duck, but when it comes to protecting women's rights, it seems to me, our mainstream media goes into hiding.
June 07, 2019
Techie
Some people may find it offensive, but I believe that abortion should be available, legally and safely, upon request, without any restrictions. Late term restrictions, to me, are also restrictions and I have no support for restrictions.

I support taxpayer funded abortions for all dwellers of the USA, regardless of their immigration status. Just like a hospital cannot turn away a sick person just because they are unable to pay for the treatment, same should apply for abortions.

This is more or less what we have in the Netherlands, the funding at least. (I don't know a single country that has no restrictions, but I agree with you on eliminating them. It's a nightmare of mine that I'll have a cryptic pregnancy and figure it out after the cut-off date.) And guess what? Low rates of unwanted pregnancies (because of the sex ed and contraception), and low abortion rates.

Compare that to Romania, which is suffering the ongoing effects of the full abortion ban. All those unwanted children were dumped in orphanages that made Dickens's Britain look like a paradise for orphans, and now many of them have grown into badly damaged adults. Making abortions unavailable doesn't just have a high human cost (for the women and the resulting children), it has a high financial cost, too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login