Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Women are happier without children or a spouse, says happiness expert

Posted by Techie 
Women are happier without children or a spouse, says happiness expert
May 26, 2019
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/may/25/women-happier-without-children-or-a-spouse-happiness-expert

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/may/25/women-happier-without-children-or-a-spouse-happiness-expert

The Guardian

We may have suspected it already, but now the science backs it up: unmarried and childless women are the happiest subgroup in the population. And they are more likely to live longer than their married and child-rearing peers, according to a leading expert in happiness...

“Married people are happier than other population subgroups, but only when their spouse is in the room when they’re asked how happy they are. When the spouse is not present: fucking miserable,” he said...

Men benefited from marriage because they “calmed down”, he said. “You take less risks, you earn more money at work, and you live a little longer. She, on the other hand, has to put up with that, and dies sooner than if she never married. The healthiest and happiest population subgroup are women who never married or had children,” he said...

“You see a single woman of 40, who has never had children – ‘Bless, that’s a shame, isn’t it? Maybe one day you’ll meet the right guy and that’ll change.’ No, maybe she’ll meet the wrong guy and that’ll change. Maybe she’ll meet a guy who makes her less happy and healthy, and die sooner.”

More at the link...

Truth has finally been spoken
I am pretty free with no husband or brats. I like my job, doing ok with $, I come and go as I please and I can pursue my fulfilment wherever it leads me. My home is quiet and ordered and 100% my sanctuary. I can count on recharging when I'm home and not having to deal with my ex's video game tantrums or other BS. I eat what I want, watch what I want on the main tv, and take hour-long bubble baths without worrying about someone else needing my bathroom. Some people would call that "selfishness", but it's what I need to be happy.

Most women are trained to be shamed by "selfishness" and give up their entire beings for husband and brats. A new mom doesn't seem to be "allowed" to take time to shower herself or cook a meal. She *must* tit feed instead of letting her husband give the kid formula to give her a break. "Attatchment parenting" means she has to have the brat tethered to her for the first 5 years. And she takes on all the housework and a ft job, too. The male of the family still gets to kick back and play video games for hours and then bitch his wife isn't interested in sex anymore.

No fucking thank you.

Most women are trained to be shamed by "selfishness" and give up their entire beings for husband and brats. A new mom doesn't seem to be "allowed" to take time to shower herself or cook a meal. She *must* tit feed instead of letting her husband give the kid formula to give her a break. "Attatchment parenting" means she has to have the brat tethered to her for the first 5 years. And she takes on all the housework and a ft job, too. The male of the family still gets to kick back and play video games for hours and then bitch his wife isn't interested in sex anymore.

QFT. It's female Breeder Hell in a nutshell. And no fucking thank you to that.

I am married but my husband is low maintenance. I have my space and he likes his space too. (And of course he did not demand that I breed brats for him.)
It doesn't help that a lot of people will date or marry people they are fully incompatible with because they don't feel like trying to secure someone they get on better with, or they aren't willing to date "out of their league," which of course typically involves standards that are far too high. But as people get older, they get more desperate because they don't want to be alone, and they buy into the life script instead of taking the hint from all their miserable married childed friends that HEY, maybe this whole happily ever after bullshit isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Lots of women also like dating men who they think are "pet projects" - guys who are lazy or assholes who they think can be fixed with marriage and babies, and then they're shocked when those men are still lazy assholes after all their "hard work" as a domestic mechanic hasn't paid off.

Article
The study found that levels of happiness reported by those who were married was higher than the unmarried, but only when their spouse was in the room.

That's pretty telling right there. Wow.

stillwaters
Most women are trained to be shamed by "selfishness" and give up their entire beings for husband and brats.

Truer words have never been spoken. Women are totally expected to give up everything to be mothers, and it doesn't matter what you do, it's going to be wrong. Formula instead of beefing? Horrible mother! Working instead of SAHMing? Horrible mother! Wanting a day off to go get a manicure or just fucking sleep more than 20 minutes? Horrible mother! You get shit whether you do the job half-assed or actually try, so I almost understand why so many Moos don't try to be decent parents.

I'm surprised women aren't required to legally change their names to "Mom" once they breed like a slave name to eliminate any semblance of personhood they'd get from a normal name.

But I'm willing to play devil's advocate and understand that this isn't indicative of all women. The ones who marry people they actually love and have kids they don't regret having are probably overall happy. It's just people are generally dumb and breed with the worst possible people and that's why they all hate their lives. Plus, we have it shoved down our throats that being alone is like the worst possible thing that can happen and you need to have someone else up your ass constantly in order to be happy, be it a spouse, friends, or kids. If you're lonely, being alone certainly sucks, but I think a lot of people are probably fine being alone and they worry something's wrong with them because of it, so they date and breed with people they may not even like just so they won't be seen as weird for being by themselves.
Its really refreshing to see a study that, for a change, doesn't glorify the life script with all its ugly nastiness and general anti-woman and anti-freedom sentiment.
It is so hard for me to understand why so many people don't understand that and still run after the life script, as if its the greatest thing ever, and even after falling flat on their face into their suburban breeder hell, lie to themselves and others, how "awesome" and "worth it" it is.
I don't even understand why men do that, especially towards childfree women. After all, this breeder trap must suck for them too - its not like a disgusting, timeconsuming, slobbering, shitting-and-puking-on-everything slimeball tyrant in the house would only bother the moo...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom & Art & Music >>>>>>>>>> human spawn

"Music is immortal. People are not."
-William Anger, "King's Story" - Thief2 FM by Zontik
Interesting the article isn't claiming single men are happier without children or a spouse, just women. Being tied down with responsibilities calms men down according to the article. Who wants an immature man who only behaves out of a sense of obligation? Ah, yes, the women who enjoy fixing men, that is who. They forget the men who are fixer uppers tend to resent their wives and often behave badly as soon as they are out of their vision.

I would bet mature men or women who marry a mature partner and don't have kids are just as happy as single women. And mature men who are single are also just as happy as single women.
Lots of studies have shown men benefiting from marriage WAY more than women do! Even these days, so many women have been raised to be caretakers and be responsible for all the household shit work. So you can see how men feel all warm and cozy and "back in the nest" when they have a female spouse.
Re: Women are happier without children or a spouse, says happiness expert
June 07, 2019
Did you see the follow-up article, where a woman responded to the way people reacted to the original article? "Singled out: why can't we believe unmarried, childless women are happy?" is the title.

There is more evidence, but it can never provide a definitive answer on how any of us should live our lives. Instead it is more useful to focus on why so many people seemed to take the suggestion that single women are doing just fine without men and children so personally and so badly. It certainly appears that the “married is best” narrative remains pervasive.

A study in Israel (where there are relatively strong ideals around marriage) asked people to look at comparable biographical accounts of both married and single people (invented by the researchers) and then to rate the extent to which they displayed several traits. Most people assumed the married folk scored higher on traits relating to happiness than the “depressive”, “lonely” and “shy” singletons. No matter how single people were described and what great things they had experienced and achieved, people were insistent that their happiness must have been overstated.

If I'm depressed, it's because of all the fucking idiots in the world.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login