Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fetus cemetary coming to a field near you

Posted by cfdavep 
Fetus cemetary coming to a field near you
May 28, 2019
https://news.yahoo.com/supreme-court-revives-indiana-abortion-134315199.html

Now Indiana is following Texas and wants fetus burials and cremations, so maybe people will see a big cemetary dedicated to just that. This country is heading back to 1736 only the mentally ill have taken over the institution.
Re: Fetus cemetary coming to a field near you
May 28, 2019
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/supreme-court-allows-indiana-abortion-law-requiring-burial-134647241--abc-news-topstories.html

I think Roe vs Wade is screwed.
May 28, 2019
I remember reading an article by a woman who had to have an abortion of a baby she wanted (baby was unviable, she was going to die, something like that) and the only hospital available was a "Christian" one. They asked her about burial details and she said she didn't want one, and they told her she didn't have a choice.

Seems like, if they really consider that lump a human, then it should also count as a corpse and doing anything other than what the family wants should be desecration of a body.
May 28, 2019
I really would love to see a fetus cremation. I've got a personal interest in mortuary science and from what I understand, cremains are just the pulverized/powdered bones of the decedent while the flesh and organs burn up in the retort. Consider the amount of ashes you get from a grown adult. Consider the size of a fetus in comparison to an adult and the fact that some may not even have bones by the time they're miscarried/aborted. What the fuck would there even be left over to take home? I had my cats cremated and all I got back was less than a handful of ashes, even for my fattest cat.

Mortuary professionals probably know that someone who would want to cremate a fetus for sentimental reasons is a moron and can get away with dumping a handful of sand in a pretty $1,000 jar to give them happy fee-fees. They probably also know that people will bury fetuses because clearly they think their "angel babies" are so damn special, and they can be charged the same amount for a born person's plot so they can bury their "child" with "dignity," not to mention the cost of a gravestone too, and you know breeders will want to go hog-wild and get the biggest, prettiest polished rock for their late periods.

Someone's got their finger on the pulse of the average breeder's wallet. I know years ago I said someone should totally make fetus home burial kits (customized miniature coffin, "death certificate," grave marker, etc.) and charge an arm and a leg for them because breeders would gladly pay for them. If I knew anything about woodworking, I might actually try it. If breeders are gonna be dumb, then I've got no problem cashing in on it.

I'm not trying to mock the very real grief I know accompanies the loss of a wanted pregnancy, but people who pursue this shit are just asking to get taken advantage of.
May 28, 2019
The article states that fetal remains must be cremated or buried after "an abortion." I wonder if that includes spontaneous abortions, aka a miscarriage. I can't find clarification of that.

Aside from that, what the fuck is happening in the fetus-humping, intellectual wasteland that is middle America? All the other problems that lawmakers could be addressing, and they are obsessed with passing laws that mandate fetal tissue be disposed of in a certain way? I suspect this law is probably moot for terminations, because I would think the products of conception are medical waste and would be incinerated anyway.

It's just more interference and confusion regarding women's health decisions. Some women have miscarriages, then have to have a D&C afterward because they do not expel the fetus on their own. Presumably women in this position would not be subject to abortion restrictions, because their feti are already dead, but you know some self-appointed busy-body is going to misread the law and cause somebody some grief over it at some point. And women who are carrying genetically non-viable feti or ectopic pregnancies will just have to wait until the feti die so they can be induced or, respectively, wait until the clump grows big enough to kill them. Just super, thanks ignorant male lawmakers for fucking things up even more.

Here's a thought: dispose of abortion products in a medically sterile way and if a woman who miscarries wants to have a funeral or cremation, let her decide. Radical, I know. The same Right Wingnut hypocrites ENDLESSLY pontificate over not wanting Big Gubmint in their personal decisions, usually when they abuse their kids and raise them as Fundy fucknuts or child brides, nor do they want any interference when they want a private arsenal, but when a woman wants to make a decision about her own body, they are all over it in every way possible. I'm preaching to the choir I know.

As an aside, I once worked with a guy whose wife lost a fetus. I think she was somewhere between three and four months and it was their first attempt. He was openly disdainful of the funeral industry---called them "vultures" and he was bitching (just to me) that he had to spring $1200 for a casket to keep his wife happy. (Mind you, I guess this guy wanted a kid, but he thought the whole fetus thing was stupid. He was like, what a waste of money that we could use for a live baybee.) They went on to have a couple of kids, and when the office busybody was all like, OMG, WE NEED TO HAVE A SHOWER FOR THEM, he shut it down both times HARD and refused to let us give him a shower. When #2 came around, he said, we have everything we need from kid #1 and it's bad taste to have a shower for anything past the second kid.

Yeah, he did breed, but he was generally pretty cool and he didn't talk about his kids all the time either.
May 28, 2019
The Funeral Industry is going to make a FUCKING KILLING off this bill.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login