Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pro-liars suing for unwanted kid that is wanted

Posted by cfdavep 
Pro-liars suing for unwanted kid that is wanted
May 29, 2019
https://old.reddit.com/r/childfree/comments/btz1gj/an_ontario_family_that_ended_up_with_a_baby_they/

Moo has second kid via C-section and while under was to get a tubal. Doctor forgets to do it or is opposed to it or something and it winds up not getting done. Couple assumes it is done and goes about their sexual lives, moo gets preggo again and finds out there was no tubal. Moo is against abortion, at least in her own case, and has kid, then sues Canadian hospital for $800,000, the cost of raising the sprog. Moo waxes poetic about how wonderful their daughter is, but there is pragmatic costs to all this wonder which the parents are apparently not responsible for at all.

So the question is why are they suing when they could've aborted or gave it up? I understand the doc didn't do his job, but they did not confirm the tubal and decided on their own to have the kid and keep it. It seems as though both parties are at fault, but the hospital will take the full hit here.

Many of the polite reddit-cfers are saying that if moo couldn't handle an abortion, than moo deserves every cent and that people who feel that the parents should take any responsibility are black and white, extreme thinkers who feel that all cf'ers have to be for abortion and a few came out and said the only reason they themselves got tubals is because they are cf and pro-life in their own cases, which is another issue on it's own. Also a few said that maybe moo and duh would be hung from the rafters by friends and family if they gave it up for adoption as there is this attitude that a kid conceived in marriage has to be taken on especially if it is just "one more"
Re: Pro-liars suing for unwanted kid that is wanted
May 29, 2019
They should definitely be suing if a planned surgical procedure wasn't performed, regardless of the nature of the procedure (barring any complications that would prevent it from being carried out successfully, I mean). But they probably figure hey they're stuck with this kid they didn't want, may as well try to cash in on it. Apparently they did decide to abort at first, but "just couldn't go through with it." Yeah okay, methinks it's more along the lines of, "Hey Ma, can we put up with another one of these assholes for a fat settlement?"

“Not that we don’t love her, not that we’re not happy, not that she’s not an important part of our family. She is everything and more, but it still doesn’t mitigate the fact that there are pragmatic costs to raising a child,” the mother told CTV News.

That's precisely what someone would say to save face if they didn't love their child, weren't happy with them, and it wasn't an important part of the family. They're not fooling anyone. Right up there with, "I'm not racist, but..." If you have to come out and say how much you love your child and how happy they make you, chances are it's a big crock of shit.

The parents said they love their daughter and plan to tell her the truth of what happened one day, when she is old enough to understand the full scope of the situation. For the time being, they’re focused on holding their doctors and the hospital accountable for what they consider a medical error.

Man I'd love to be a fly on the wall during that conversation. "You weren't supposed to be conceived, honey. That's why Mommy got her tubes tied, but her doctor was a retard and didn't do it. You were supposed to be aborted too, but we pussed out at the last second. Got a hefty settlement for it, though! Raising you was almost worth the new house and the boat and the Lambo out in the driveway!"

“If a man got a woman pregnant, he would have to pay child support, right? So, isn’t this kind of the same thing?” Jim said.

This could open up all sorts of cans of worms if breeders decide to start suing hospitals for child support and winning. Yes it's her doctor's fault for not sterilizing her correctly, but the hospital did not get her pregnant.
May 30, 2019
I'm not a fan of an overly litigious culture, but I side with the parents on this one. She reasonably assumed the procedure was done. If she's anti-abortion, she went the responsible route and got her tubes tied. She's not under any obligation to violate her opposition to abortion when she did what should have 100% prevented it. The hospital messed up and is clearly liable and should pay. The amount they're suing for is reasonable; they're not suing for the amount of money it would take to buy the kid a Porsche and diamond necklaces.
May 30, 2019
I say if the procedure could not be done for some medical reason, the hospital is at fault for not notifying them. If the procedure was not done because doctor is opposed to doing it, maybe doctor needs to pay some of the settlement. He should have told her ahead of time that procedure would not be done.
May 30, 2019
I agree with the parents on this one too but I would still agree they have a right to sue even if they had aborted/miscarried the baby. Hope the child is treated well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login