Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pretty sure former classmate just quit a job he loved because baybee

Posted by Cambion 
Pretty sure former classmate just quit a job he loved because baybee
May 31, 2019
Spotted this heap on my Fakebook feed. I don't want to share a direct quote because I'd like myself and him to remain anonymous, but the gist of it was this guy just spawned at the beginning of the year and has officially decided after discussions with the Moo-wife that he's going to leave his job as a professor to "focus on my daughter and wife." Mind you he had that job for maybe 2-3 years prior to spawning.

Now I know teaching isn't a six figure job, but what the fuck kind of sense does it make to quit a job that not only most likely pays all right, but that you love doing? Guy went on and on about his awesome students and I remember how excited he was when he announced he got the job.

Sounds like Moo-wife wears the pants in the family, and if I had to guess, she probably got pissed that he was "taking care of" other people's "kids" (young adults) and not his own. Because honestly, why the FUCK would you quit a perfectly good job for your kid? Isn't that kinda ass backwards? I don't know his hours, he could have been working "too much."

I suspect all is not well in paradise, especially when the guy has to mention at least six times in his farewell post how wonderful/awesome/loving his wife is. Who ya trying to convince there, bucko? If you gotta say it that many times, odds are it's a bunch of shit.

This was the same guy I mentioned some time ago here who said something akin to "have a good life, everyone" right before Loafley was born. The despair over leaving seems genuine, the "joy" over tending to his family does not. I hope things work out for him, but I'm gonna predict a divorce within the next couple years. Shame too because these guys really seemed like one of those couples that was gonna make it, right up until the widdle miracle came along.
Wouldn't the guy kinda need the job to help with the bills? Maybe he got fired and is playing the "I'm resigning for family" game
"Maybe he got fired and is playing the "I'm resigning for family" game." *cough* *cough* Dan Ahern *cough* *cough*

Who ARE these losers who quit their jobs because of their kids? (At least have another job lined up, which is a smart choice for anyone.) One would think a key component of being a decent parunt is the ability to support one's child.

I guess these are the same losers who eventually demand the skools feed their brats organic food three times a day and who are perpetually offended by having to pay for anything related to their brats. (Exhibit Two: Shauna Ahern, layabout loser, bitching about wanting free dental care and free medicine.)
He will regret that decision and start to resent his wife and kid for leaving.
Does the wife work and potentially out earn him? Is there a possible inheritance that was gained? If it isn't one of those things then it sounds desperate. He either made a big boo boo or the wife is giving him an ultimatum.

Maybe she said if she sluices then he stays at home. Wouldn't surprise me because she wears the pants and went through the miserable fest of sluicing.
cfdavep
Wouldn't the guy kinda need the job to help with the bills? Maybe he got fired and is playing the "I'm resigning for family" game

I have no idea if he had another job lined up before leaving his current one. I would like to hope he did instead of just noping out without a plan. And I did consider the possibility that he got the boot and decided to say he's resigning to save face. From what I could gather, he just up and gave his two weeks notice and they're going to uproot the entire household and start a new life in another state. Makes me wonder if he's running from something or someone too.

freya
Does the wife work and potentially out earn him? Is there a possible inheritance that was gained? If it isn't one of those things then it sounds desperate. He either made a big boo boo or the wife is giving him an ultimatum.

Maybe she said if she sluices then he stays at home. Wouldn't surprise me because she wears the pants and went through the miserable fest of sluicing.

I honestly don't know if she works. I think she does, but I don't know if she still does since sluicing or what she makes. I think both of them are educators and I don't know if there's an inheritance or settlement or any sort of financial windfall involved. I also have no idea how wanted the loaf was - like if they both agreed on it or one wanted it and the other didn't. Could be that he wanted a brat and she didn't, so now that she's given him a loaf, he can raise it. I don't know, they really seemed like a decent, healthy couple.

It just strikes me as weird that someone would quit a job for their kid. Not like he was working at McDonald's making minimum wage trying to figure out what bills he can afford to not pay to keep the kid fed.
Re: Pretty sure former classmate just quit a job he loved because baybee
June 03, 2019
mumofsixbirds
He will regret that decision and start to resent his wife and kid for leaving.

He probably resents them already. Usually Duh stays at a job he hates because he has to support Moo and kids. To leave a job he enjoyed (and which paid the bills) is just stupid. Sure hope all that fambly time is worth it.
Damn. I don’t love my job, and even I would be mad if a partner tried to force me to quit my job and stay at home doing domestic stuff. I’m a single potato, but IMO the ideal relationship would be a DINK situation. I can’t imagine what it would be like to have a job you actually enjoy going to, and a spouse that also works. That would seem to solve most of my problems at least, and I can’t imagine having to give that up for a chyld.

How close are you guys? Would he be open to some advice? If so I’d try talking him down. This guy’s just going to resent his wife for making him quit, and their relationship will suffer.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
cj
He probably resents them already. Usually Duh stays at a job he hates because he has to support Moo and kids. To leave a job he enjoyed (and which paid the bills) is just stupid. Sure hope all that fambly time is worth it.

I could understand taking a brief vacation to bond with the kid or something, but to up and quit a job entirely seems rash. Also, I looked up the salary for this guy's position at the place he was working on GlassDoor. Not sure what his exact department was, but he was making upwards of $60K a year (quite possibly up to $75K), which, unless my math is off (which it could be, numbers aren't my strong point), comes out to just under $32 an hour. I wish I could make that much doing a job I like! Moo-wife works too, as far as I know, so why does he need to quit this job? I don't think they're hurting financially, and I'm sure they would have let him take something akin to paternity leave if he asked.

I sensed a lot of sadness in his post about leaving his job, like he really loved what he did and loved his students and didn't want to go. Hopefully he won't take it out on his kid, but things are gonna get pretty tense in their home now, methinks.

contemplativeintrovert
How close are you guys? Would he be open to some advice? If so I’d try talking him down. This guy’s just going to resent his wife for making him quit, and their relationship will suffer.

Not very. I'd hesitate to even call us acquaintances. Nice guy, but didn't talk to him a whole lot in class, so I don't think I'd be in any position to tell him he's making a mistake. He's a big boy (he's older than me), so this might have to be one of those times he has to learn the consequences of his actions. Guy's an artist and I know creative types are eccentric, spontaneous, experimental, open-minded, and usually have a bit of wanderlust - all things that mix with parenthood about as well as oil and water. Frankly I think he done fucked up having a kid to begin with.

He already resigned anyway, it's not like he's only contemplating it.
What a shame. That's a pretty decent amount of money for work you love. It won't be long before they notice it missing.
This is such a strange situation. I don't think I've heard of it happening before. Sounds like there is something unsavory happening here.
Re: Pretty sure former classmate just quit a job he loved because baybee
June 07, 2019
Being a professor isn't that high-paying, compared to what you can earn working for companies...if you are in STEM. Making more money is often one of the motivating factors behind breeders quitting jobs. But you said he's the artistic type; I can't imagine what he thinks he's going to find that would pay better than what he had.
He could be quitting for a higher paying job, but as far as I know, this guy's whole background is art, so I don't know what he'd even do that would pay more than what he was making unless it's another professorship with a higher salary. He also makes side money selling his artwork, so I wonder if he intends to freelance full-time so he can be a stay-at-home parent. He's definitely a great artist and has been recognized by national art publications/groups/etc., so he might be able to make a living doing that alone.

But I also know keeping the power on being dependent on something you're passionate about can sometimes breed resentment toward that passion because you feel like you have to do it instead of just doing it when the mood strikes. That happened to me in regard to art and I totally lost my desire to draw.

I dunno what the fuck this guy's doing, but hopefully he knows what he's getting himself into. Art teacher is pretty much the best you can hope for with an art education.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login