Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cryptic pregnancy: the stuff of nightmares

Posted by yurble 
Cryptic pregnancy: the stuff of nightmares
June 11, 2019
Re: Cryptic pregnancy: the stuff of nightmares
June 11, 2019
Nightmare scenarios like this are the reason I'm trying to bypass sterilisation and go straight for having the lot taken out! openmouthed shock
June 11, 2019
I noticed that people seem to love the power trip they get from reading about how this can happen. Breeders love a scenario where a woman gives birth and is powerless to do anything about it, and they are so nice about these "wonderful" women who are overjoyed that their power to control their lives has been taken away from them.

Also I think that most distracted modern people have little awareness of their own bodies
June 11, 2019
This is terrifying. If it happens as a complete surprise you can't even flush it down the toilet. Yikes.
June 11, 2019
It is incredible how ignorant many people are about the human body. Since everyone has a body it makes sense they would at least want to have a general idea where everything is and how it works, but nope, many are content to have no clue at all. In the past I have gotten upset with doctors who assume I am totally ignorant, but I guess they deal with a lot of people who are.

This might not be true of all women who have hidden pregnancies, maybe sometimes things do work abnormally. However it could be a factor in at least some cases.
June 11, 2019
I don't think "cryptic" is the word I'd use to describe this. More like "oblivious pregnancy." Cryptic implies something mysterious or that may or may not exist (like cryptids) - these pregnancies are definitely there, the woman just isn't aware of them. The article makes mention this as well.

As such concealed pregnancy could be “externally and internally mediated”, says Tighe, one response was to cope by avoidance. “They might get this awareness of ‘Could I be pregnant?’, but they shut it down because a pregnancy, in their current life circumstances, is a really major crisis.”

Given the link, she eschews the term “cryptic pregnancy” in favour of the broader catch-all “denied pregnancy”, which takes in the possibility of both conscious and subconscious rejection (although she considers the former far more common).

In this particular case, sounds like the woman probably didn't want to think about the possibility of being knocked up by the guy she just broke up with, so any thoughts about pregnancy being the cause of a sour stomach or that occasional flutter in her pelvis were immediately blocked out. I'm also guessing she never went to a doctor the entire time she was pregnant - I know the poking and prodding of the abdomen is a normal part of almost any office visit and I'm sure a doctor would have felt a hard/enlarged pregnant uterus.

Also, I really really really think denial plays a HUGE role in these cases of "I didn't know I was pregnant until I was in labor." Because surely there are some symptoms, however mild they may be, but the woman will just blow them off as something more rational like eating spoiled food or snacking too much to explain that 10 pounds she gained mysteriously.

In this lady's case, sounds to me like she was just too damn busy to notice the changes in her body. Working 60+ hours a week means you're not gonna be looking after yourself, though that photo of her at 7ish months gestation showing absolutely no belly bloat is pretty scary. It's not like she's hiding a pregnant gut under 400 pounds of fat either, she looks like a perfectly normal size and I have no idea where this alleged fetus is hiding! I have heard that it's possible to not show if the fetus implants in the back of the uterus rather than the front.

Plus it calls bullshit on every single pigged-up heifer who claims she can't bend down to tie her own shoes because of her "delicate condition" - if this woman can lug heavy shit up the stairs every day when she's ready to pop, it's not a delicate condition.

And of course the obligatory stream of horse shit at the very end: surprise unplanned loaf with ex, but oh she's just bursting with motherly joy having this tiny screaming burden thrust into her arms! Yeah I'm sure she's over the moon about suddenly pushing out a loaf at 22 fathered by the guy she left when she'd been on the pill and is working 12 hour days. Yup, that's the kind of lifestyle that sounds like it needs a baby thrown into it.
June 12, 2019
Cambion
In this particular case, sounds like the woman probably didn't want to think about the possibility of being knocked up by the guy she just broke up with, so any thoughts about pregnancy being the cause of a sour stomach or that occasional flutter in her pelvis were immediately blocked out. I'm also guessing she never went to a doctor the entire time she was pregnant - I know the poking and prodding of the abdomen is a normal part of almost any office visit and I'm sure a doctor would have felt a hard/enlarged pregnant uterus.

True, in a lot of cases I think it is just denial, so the stats of true cryptic pregnancies are likely to be less than 1/2500 as quoted in the article. It is telling that most of the women who don't know about it have situations that make them not want to know about it.

Cambion
In this lady's case, sounds to me like she was just too damn busy to notice the changes in her body. Working 60+ hours a week means you're not gonna be looking after yourself, though that photo of her at 7ish months gestation showing absolutely no belly bloat is pretty scary. It's not like she's hiding a pregnant gut under 400 pounds of fat either, she looks like a perfectly normal size and I have no idea where this alleged fetus is hiding! I have heard that it's possible to not show if the fetus implants in the back of the uterus rather than the front.

When you look at the photo of the lead story, at 7 months, that woman does not look pregnant at all. She was taking the pill non-stop to avoid periods, so the only legitimate indication might have been kicking. I can see how a young woman who has never been pregnant and has absolutely no other symptoms might attribute that to gas.

I've been told that some people were surprised to see my mother with a baby, even when they'd seen her the week before my birth. Although she's petite, it seems she didn't show (I haven't seen a full-body picture of her while pregnant so I have only these stories to go on), she didn't have most of the unpleasant symptoms, and she had been using contraceptive. If she'd continued to have a light period as well (as some do), I might have been even more of a surprise.

That's the sort of situation that is a nightmare for me - the kind where there is no change to your period, where you have no symptoms like morning sickness and no visible indication of pregnancy, and the kicking is so intermittent that you assume you're just bloated. I wouldn't see a doctor if I thought I was sometimes gassy and kept having my period; I'm sterilized so why would I think it was a pregnancy? Of course it's very unlikely something like that would happen to me, but if anyone asks, this is why I favor late-term abortions without restrictions.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login