Breeding in a war zone
June 11, 2019
Can I just say how much I hate humanity sometimes? Women in Yemen say that if they didn't have babies in the middle of a fucking war zone, it would be "giving up". And there you have it, climate change, overpopulation and wars are irrelevant, if only we all have the right attitude everything will be just fine. eye rolling smiley
Re: Breeding in a war zone
June 11, 2019
From the article: .

image Clockwise from top left: a mother turns to a traditional healer in Husseiniya district as medical care becomes inaccessible; Emirati tanks on a bridge in Aden; Huda’s family of eight have just one piece of bread a day between them to eat; Huda, a volunteer schoolteacher, collects water for her family

“Why do these [Yemeni] women continue to have babies knowing they can’t feed them?”

And of course the "outraged" response:

She was infuriated. “It’s not enough for the [UK- and US-supported, Saudi-led] coalition to bring Yemen death and destruction – now we, Yemeni women, shouldn’t bring new life into the world?” said Al-Sharif.She recited the latest death toll figures in her motherland, as if in rebuttal. According to the Armed Conflict Location and Event Data Project, more than 60,000 people – including thousands of civilians young and old – have been directly killed by the war since 2016; meanwhile, Save the Children estimates that 85,000 children under the age of five may have died from extreme hunger or disease.

“Babies are life in return for all those killed by the war,” said the photographer, who has 12 young nieces and nephews in Sana’a, the Houthi-held capital of Yemen. “Babies are hope.

Nope, nope and NOPE! Babies are STUPID in this situation. No thinking person could possibly feel otherwise.

using a flamethrower using a flamethrower using a flamethrower using a flamethrower using a flamethrower using a flamethrower using a flamethrower thinks someone else is crazy
June 11, 2019
Never have I heard a person beg to die of hunger, disease or war. Animals (aside from human animals) are much wiser than these people. They protect their young and stop reproducing when the conditions aren't good.

And those killed in war were babies at one time. And the cows having the babies are better off not having them than watching them die of starvation.
June 11, 2019
So, let’s create, torture and kill a baby so we can make a political statement and have some hope for the few months that the poor creature manages to live. Nice.

I thought parents were supposed to love their kids.
June 12, 2019
Pathetic. I’ve seen these stories on the PBS Newshour, and it’s sickening that children are wasting away or dying from cholera (a horrible way to die on its own). But,you know, motherly love and all that. And aren’t most Yemenis Muslim? They definitely don’t approve of birth control. When it comes right down to it, keeping women barefoot and pregnant is the default mode for the Turd World. Why let war change that?holding finger to head as if a gun
June 18, 2019
I was reading facts about birds and apparently if the circumstances are bad, budgies would stop from reproduction. Are budgies smarter than humans? It seems so.
June 18, 2019
blackpearl
I was reading facts about birds and apparently if the circumstances are bad, budgies would stop from reproduction. Are budgies smarter than humans? It seems so.

I've had budgies most of my life, and I have to agree that they are in certain cases.
June 18, 2019
mumofsixbirds
blackpearl

I've had budgies most of my life, and I have to agree that they are in certain cases.

And way cuter than baybeez! bouncing and laughing
June 20, 2019
freya
mumofsixbirds
blackpearl

And way cuter than baybeez! bouncing and laughing

Oh my God, yes! Much cuter! grinning smiley
June 23, 2019
I feel like a war zone is the place where having kids out of control is most likely- that's why I'm going golden snip very soon thank dog.

Maybe they are just trying to own it because BC isn't a thing and they are trying to take ownership of the horrible situation, but it makes me sick to think of. sad smiley

I am so damn lucky to have medical care and safety and never fear pregnancy from assault or otherwise pressuring spouse is going to happen to me, so messed up...skull

benevolent Anti-natalist, pro-abortion, pro-smut, anti-sleeze, eat the rich, fuck childbirth. pro-black, lgbtqia? Cool. *thumbs up*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login