Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"What it is like to be a CF woman in India"

Posted by yurble 
"What it is like to be a CF woman in India"
June 17, 2019
Link

So refreshing to read posts where people admit not liking kids.

...kids and I do not get along well. They don’t like me, and I am also not particularly fond of them. Having said that, it is just not my disliking or disinterest that compels me to not have a child of my own, even though it should be enough, but a plethora of other veritable reasons.

Sadly, no matter where you are in the world, or what year it is, there are nosy people and bingos:

It is 2019, and the world still can’t wrap its head around the fact that not every woman needs to have a baby in order to feel complete. The entire thing has also made me realize how comfortable people are interrogating me and my husband about being childless at social gatherings.
Re: "What it is like to be a CF woman in India"
June 17, 2019
I live around lots of Indians and boy do they love to breed! Guessing parunthood must really be pushed on them. They're also really big on multi-generational families. I feel for this woman. I've met exactly one childfree Indian man. I know there has to be more childfree than that but the Lifescript must be huge for Indians.
June 18, 2019
freya
I live around lots of Indians and boy do they love to breed! Guessing parunthood must really be pushed on them. They're also really big on multi-generational families. I feel for this woman. I've met exactly one childfree Indian man. I know there has to be more childfree than that but the Lifescript must be huge for Indians.

I know a few Indian women without children (yet?) and they get a lot of pressure. First it's about what to study, then who to marry, then it's about reproduction.
June 18, 2019
yurble
freya

I know a few Indian women without children (yet?) and they get a lot of pressure. First it's about what to study, then who to marry, then it's about reproduction.

I feel for them. Hopefully they are fortunate enough to have an ocean (or at least a 1,000+ miles) between them and their family to keep the pressure down.
June 19, 2019
Unfortunately yes... Indians, or also other South Asians like Pakistanis or Bengalis, are often badly brainwashed.
I often played with musicians from these places, and was pretty much shocked at how much they get the lifescript bashed into their skulls by their parhunts. I feel terribly bad for them, but its very hard for them to get rid of this indoctrination.
Because of this shit, I did lose a pretty nice relationship with an exceptional carnatic drummer. He was so indoctrinated that he would not listen to any sort of antinatalist reason. It was like talking to a brick wall!
A few days ago I actually ran into the guy again, and weirdly enough, he started saying that he "understood now,that children are mostly drudge work". Hm. Maybe sometimes logic does penetrate even the most indoctrinated brain. Just needs time.
Thats why I am pretty thankful to people like NihilAnand (the philosopher guy who "sued" his parents as an antinatalist publicity stunt) who help spread Antinatalism and individuality in these places.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom & Art & Music >>>>>>>>>> human spawn

"Music is immortal. People are not."
-William Anger, "King's Story" - Thief2 FM by Zontik
June 19, 2019
Fuck, they still do arranged marriages over there. It's going to be 2020 next year, and this shit is still happening. I feel so badly for the women of India. Being forced into marrying some guy she doesn't love, the poverty, and the expectation of giving the famblee lots and lots of loaves.

When I think about it, I'm so happy to live in a country of freedom and democracy. Having the right to choose if I want to marry and to whom, the right to choose whether or not I want kids (obviously I don't, and thank God for abortion access), and the right to make decisions that are right for me.
June 19, 2019
mumofsixbirds
Fuck, they still do arranged marriages over there. It's going to be 2020 next year, and this shit is still happening. I feel so badly for the women of India. Being forced into marrying some guy she doesn't love, the poverty, and the expectation of giving the famblee lots and lots of loaves.

When I think about it, I'm so happy to live in a country of freedom and democracy. Having the right to choose if I want to marry and to whom, the right to choose whether or not I want kids (obviously I don't, and thank God for abortion access), and the right to make decisions that are right for me.

Abortion access and I think birth control are going the way of the Dodo bird in America. Women will soon again be the property of men.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
June 21, 2019
mumofsixbirds

Poke around a little and you'll find a lot of the guys don't want to be forced into an arranged marriage either. The misery works both ways. openmouthed shock
June 22, 2019
kman
mumofsixbirds

Poke around a little and you'll find a lot of the guys don't want to be forced into an arranged marriage either. The misery works both ways. openmouthed shock

I'm sure it does. It would suck for both parties involved. I remember one place I lived, one of the girls who cleaned the apartment building had come to Canada from India. Her parents had arranged for her to marry this guy in India whom she didn't love, and didn't want to be married to. She was so upset about it, she was in tears about having to go back to India and marry this dude. Parents insisted. One day, she was gone and never came back.

I still think about her from time to time, and wonder how she's doing. I remember watching this documentary about women in India whose husbands would throw kerosene on them and light them on fire if they dared to misbehave in some way. The husbands would almost never be charged with murder.

The women in India are horribly mistreated in some cases. They are second-class citizens in many cases, and treated lower than the livestock. They are there for one purpose only, to marry and breed.

I guess when I wrote that, I was thinking about the plight of the women, because they have it pretty rough over there. The documentary I saw was around 20 years ago, but it was shocking. I hope things have changed, but somehow I doubt it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login