Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

YMCA Pricing...?

Posted by stillwaters 
YMCA Pricing...?
June 23, 2019
I have a gym membership - $20 a month for basic aerobic equipment and weights. Lately I've been wanting to do more, but the gym doesn't offer classes or groups, so I'd have to go somewhere else and pay another fee to do other stuff.

I checked into the local YMCA and really liked it. There's aerobics and weights, but also a pool, classes like yoga and kempo I'd enjoy, etc. Unfortunately I would have to pay $59 a month (+ an $80 "activation fee ??) which is too much for my budget. I was surprised because I thought the Y would be more reasonable, being a community/ non profit sort of thing.

Then I looked closer at the pricing. Individual adult memberships are $59 a month. A kid under 13 is $17.50 a month. A kid over 13 is $22 a month. ***A Fambly membership is $85 a month***

The website didnt state how many were included in a Fambly membership, but one could assume it's 2 adults, 2 kids. 2 kids under 13 is $35, leaving $50 to cover the 2 adults ***Which comes out to a $25 monthly adult membership.***

WTF? As a single adult I'd be using less resources than 2 kids and 2 adults. I sure as hell wouldn't need the brat sitting service they offer. Wouldn't this be considered discriminatory pricing????

Re: YMCA Pricing...?
June 23, 2019
This is just another example of how unchilded adults have to pay more than people with brats. It is unfair, because chances are, the brats are pissing in the pool, shrieking and running around, etc.

It's like when brats eat free at restaurants. Who the Hell is paying for that? Somebody has to, so the prices go up to compensate for the free shit that the kids eat. Not fair, and I never go to places that do that. Not only do I not want to eat in a restaurant with a bunch of brats around, but I certainly don't feel I should pay extra to cover that.

It's discrimination and it needs to stop.
June 23, 2019
I'd like to know how they define "family," otherwise what's stopping two adults who live together from taking advantage of the family membership? Family isn't synonymous with kids, after all.

So many places of business cater to breeders and I don't know why because they're almost always the WORST kinds of customers/clientele. They make tons of demands, want all kinds of substitutions in restaurants, bitch and scream for discounts or comped items, they let their kids run wild breaking shit and disturbing others (and then make threats and a scene if they're told to control their crotch turds), leave the biggest messes because cleanup is someone else's job, and then they'll try to run out on their bills and they won't tip. And management will put up with them and/or give in to their bullshit, which just shows the breeders that the way they behave is acceptable and there's no reason for them to not continue doing it.

How's about giving all customers the same treatment at first and you reward the good ones instead of immediately offering discounts to the biggest pieces of shit that walk through the doors? Yes I can understand giving a small discount for multiple people in the same household attending the same gym - buying in bulk often does result in a smaller per-item price. But such a steep discount for breeders seems unfair.

I wonder if they do it because they know breeders and their brats will likely barely use the memberships because they're so bizzy, so they're basically getting that money without breeders hogging up the equipment (which the breeders think they're getting a bargain) while a single adult might actually get their money's worth.
June 24, 2019
You may be eligible for a discount through your employment. I know the one here knocks about 10 dollars off the monthly fees for certain places of employment.

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
June 25, 2019
I experienced this at my local Y and stopped going. I got sick of all the brats running around, and even seeing brats on the machines when the minimum age for the workout room is 14. Plus mine had sliding scale rates that I didn't qualify for, but you can bet the breeders got free memberships while adults who pay full price have to deal with sprogs everywhere. Half the machines were broken at any time anyway, it sucked.
June 25, 2019
Cambion
I wonder if they do it because they know breeders and their brats will likely barely use the memberships because they're so bizzy, so they're basically getting that money without breeders hogging up the equipment (which the breeders think they're getting a bargain) while a single adult might actually get their money's worth.

I think this is it but the price gouging should still be illegal. Breeders get all kinds of undeserved financial breaks.
June 27, 2019
basic planet fitness has the best rates imo.

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
June 27, 2019

I dunno, many complaints here and at Turtle's old BRATS! board are/were about Ys and their Breederific policies. The favorable pricing means many are infested with entitled parents and brats. And there is all sorts of nonsense about Moomies insisting on bringing their way-too-old, like 9 or 10 year old boys in the locker with them, because they can't let their crotch fruit out of sight for one minute and they want to keep them "safe."

Bullet dodged?
July 03, 2019
Here in my city the family size is unlimited, starting with 2. So my husband and I would pay the same as a family of 13. We paid for a couple of years (I voluntarily taught a class so we got a discount) then decided we were tired of sponsoring breeders.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login