Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

More women are choosing not to have kids, and society can't cope

Posted by yurble 
More women are choosing not to have kids, and society can't cope
July 09, 2019
Link

The Australian Bureau of Statistics says that sometime in the next decade, the number of couples without children will overtake the number of couples with.

That means more women are choosing not to have kids.

It's a trend psychotherapist Zoe Krupka says is often wrongly labelled selfish, shallow and immature.

Couples without children outnumbering those who have children? Pinch me, I'm dreaming. (It probably counts empty nesters in those figures, I can't imagine that we'd become the majority.)

Whatever the reason, the research shows most women who choose a childfree life are confident in their decision.

It's everybody else who struggles with it.

Hits the nail on the head. People are always complaining that the CF "protest too much" as if we weren't subjected to relentless discrimination, condescension, pressure and insults. They are the ones that have the problem with our choice not to reproduce, not us.
Re: More women are choosing not to have kids, and society can't cope
July 09, 2019
Now if this can only happen in the USA...….
July 10, 2019
deegee

Don't count on it. The GOP is stripping abortion and will next strip birth control as a way to keep the bitches barefoot and pregnant.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
July 10, 2019
craftyzits
deegee

Don't count on it. The GOP is stripping abortion and will next strip birth control as a way to keep the bitches barefoot and pregnant.

The most they can do is send abortion and birth control back to the states. Yes, I know it sux. This is where local, grassroots activity and organization is so important. Keep your state blue, and work to turn your red state blue or at the very least, purple. Fight the GOP at every turn.

If you're an educated woman, Get the hell outta dodge, and move to a blue state, or the urban areas of your red state. Save up for an abortion fund that would cover a week's worth of out-of-state expenses, including transportation. Save for a sterilization fund. In the end, this shit is going to fall squarely on women, so they should be prepared.

There is always The Auntie Network. You can find them on FB and on reddit.
July 10, 2019
Peace
craftyzits
deegee

The most they can do is send abortion and birth control back to the states. Yes, I know it sux. This is where local, grassroots activity and organization is so important. Keep your state blue, and work to turn your red state blue or at the very least, purple. Fight the GOP at every turn.

If you're an educated woman, Get the hell outta dodge, and move to a blue state, or the urban areas of your red state. Save up for an abortion fund that would cover a week's worth of out-of-state expenses, including transportation. Save for a sterilization fund. In the end, this shit is going to fall squarely on women, so they should be prepared.

Your advice works for women who aren't dirt poor. The dirt poor don't have choices.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
July 10, 2019
craftyzits
Peace
craftyzits
deegee

Your advice works for women who aren't dirt poor. The dirt poor don't have choices.

I am fully aware of this. However, the dirt poor have never had much of any choice. It would be nice if Medicaid covered abortion and sterilization nationwide, but that won't happen in red states. With Trump in office, appointing right wing judges as fast as he can, women will have to rely on themselves and covert networks of people who share their sympathies.

There is so much online today, so much information that is available today, that wasn't available when I was young and fancy free.
I'd even be willing to put someone up at my house if they need to seek an abortion in Canada. I feel so bad for the women of the US. It really sucks.
July 12, 2019
mumofsixbirds
I'd even be willing to put someone up at my house if they need to seek an abortion in Canada. I feel so bad for the women of the US. It really sucks.

Then join The Auntie Network. It's a network of women who are helping women to get abortions. How you help is up to you. You can put a pregnant woman up in your house while she's getting the abortion, you could pick her up/drive her to the abortion, etc...it's what you feel comfortable doing. Aunties are even taking pictures at local hotspots and tourist sights with these women, so they can go back home after the procedure with "evidence" that they were visiting their "aunt," and had pictures for proof.

It's 2019 and women still have to hide abortion.
Peace
mumofsixbirds

Then join The Auntie Network. It's a network of women who are helping women to get abortions. How you help is up to you. You can put a pregnant woman up in your house while she's getting the abortion, you could pick her up/drive her to the abortion, etc...it's what you feel comfortable doing. Aunties are even taking pictures at local hotspots and tourist sights with these women, so they can go back home after the procedure with "evidence" that they were visiting their "aunt," and had pictures for proof.

It's 2019 and women still have to hide abortion.

Thank you, I'm going to check that out.
Medicaid cover abortion? Hah! My sides! Can't even get Medicaid in my state unless you're pregnant or have brats. (100% red state of course). They reward irresponsible breeding while punishing those of us who plan families responsibly or don't breed at all. It's clear that their agenda is keeping the population UP at all costs. Those unwanted, poor, abused babies grow up to fill their prisons & military positions--they're counting on that much. I seriously doubt the sincerity of politicians' "deeply held religious beliefs" when it comes to this issue especially. There's definitely another agenda at play.

/rant over. For now.
July 23, 2019
I think these welfare sows know deep down they are nothing but government cattle. to be used as such.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login