Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Grandfather accidentally drops kid off cruise ship

Posted by cfdavep 
Re: Grandfather accidentally drops kid off cruise ship
September 01, 2019
In a recent conversation cruises were referred to as "Golden Corral on the Sea."
I love that analogy and wished I thought of it!

If the parents had any sense they would have left the infant at home in someone else's care. Or perhaps this is one of those idiotic ploys by the cruise company that allow children under a certain age to cruise for free. In that instance, I have no pity for the cruise company.
December 11, 2019
Update: they're suing

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/chloe-wiegands-family-sues-royal-caribbean-over-toddlers-cruise-ship-death/ar-AAK1y2p
December 11, 2019
freya
Update: they're suing

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/chloe-wiegands-family-sues-royal-caribbean-over-toddlers-cruise-ship-death/ar-AAK1y2p

And here is the begging for funds:
https://fundly.com/in-loving-memory-of-chloe-wiegand

And begging of funds for the grandpo:
https://fundrazr.com/41aJCe?ref=ab_8ZtgljIl0yI8ZtgljIl0yI

FOP donation for famblee:
https://www.953mnc.com/2019/07/09/donation-effort-underway-for-family-after-daughters-death-on-cruise-ship/
January 18, 2020
Update:

Looks like the cruise line is fighting back. They have security cam images showing that the grandfather knew the window was open, including pictures of him leaning out of the same window that he claimed to not know was open.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/granddad-toddler-who-died-cruise-ship-fall-knew-window-was-n1117796

Something about that child looks off, especially the size of her head. I’m wondering if something was developmentally wrong with the kid, so they decided to go for a PNA.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
January 18, 2020
Looks like grandpa was assessing the ship for the best place to do the deed and then claim doddering old man to divert attention from the parents.

There was something creepy off about that kid and I think the parunts were told there would be some serious financial costs to keeping her going in the future.
January 18, 2020
I was just coming here to see if anyone had posted the update. People were starting to get caught leaving their kids in cars, so they're stepping up their game?

It amazes me that breeders claim we hate kids and wish them all dead or something, but they're the first ones to jump on shit like this and say, "They've suffered enough! Don't investigate, don't punish, just throw money and attention at them" while we're the ones discussing all the different ways the murderer's story doesn't add up and hoping somebody gets punished for what they put the kid through.

(I do hate kids, but that doesn't mean I want them all murdered. Just saying.)
January 18, 2020
Didn’t they originally claim the window was in a child’s play area? That doesn’t look like any child’s play area I’ve ever seen. If I didn’t know better, I’d say it was a bar.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
January 18, 2020
LoveToLurk
Didn’t they originally claim the window was in a child’s play area? That doesn’t look like any child’s play area I’ve ever seen. If I didn’t know better, I’d say it was a bar.

Yes. And they also said it was on the way to a child's play area.

They're also claiming the grandfather couldn't see the difference between the tinted windows and the outside air because he's colorblind. I'm not colorblind so I can't speak to that, but you'd think being able to lean out and feel the breeze would have been a clue. And from the looks of the video, he didn't set the kid on the rail like he claims, but held her out over it. But it looks like the family is going to claim the footage has been manipulated.
January 18, 2020
That weird shaped head was obvious right away. Any idea what could be the cause?
January 18, 2020
So, not only did they not manage to sue, but now he's being charged with negligent homicide? Ha. Let that be a lesson to any future murdering parents that think tossing their kids off of cruise ships could become a 'thing'.

Maybe they could use some of their Beggin' Money to pay for a good defense lawyer or whatever. He's gonna need one, especially with that footage.

The kid does have a bit of an oversized egg shaped head. I'm wondering if she could've been born with hydrocephalus or something that could possibly deform her skull? She still didn't deserve to get tossed to the sharks. sad smiley
January 18, 2020
I have heard of a case where a grandmoo tossed the grandsprog off a parking garage 7 stories down. When she was caught she admitted that she did it in order to end her daughter's marriage as she hated the husband and never wanted her daughter to beome an adult. People can have really weird motivations.

I think it was a PNA where they used the grandpa in this case. He probably dropped the kid on the concrete below for a more "humane" death instead of dropping her overboard halfway to Europe.
January 18, 2020
kittehpeoples

I feel bad for the child and I feel bad for everyone that was around at the time. The area looks very crowded in the video, so it seems like plenty of people saw her fall. Imagine going on a vacation and witnessing a horrific death. That’s an image that stays with you for life.

January 18, 2020
cfdavep
I have heard of a case where a grandmoo tossed the grandsprog off a parking garage 7 stories down. When she was caught she admitted that she did it in order to end her daughter's marriage as she hated the husband and never wanted her daughter to beome an adult. People can have really weird motivations.

I think it was a PNA where they used the grandpa in this case. He probably dropped the kid on the concrete below for a more "humane" death instead of dropping her overboard halfway to Europe.

This case? https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/va-woman-gets-35-years-for-fatally-tossing-granddaughter-off-mall-walkway/2012/01/06/gIQAKELtfP_story.html

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
January 19, 2020
paragon schnitzophonic
This case? https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/va-woman-gets-35-years-for-fatally-tossing-granddaughter-off-mall-walkway/2012/01/06/gIQAKELtfP_story.html

WOW, that article is apologetic in favor of the baby murderer! Christ! And "a major depressive order" as a defense? I have "a major depressive disorder" and I've never committed murder. Holy shit.
January 19, 2020
Yeah, there were a lot of apologists for the woman even after it was plainly clear that she did it out of spite for her son-in-law. The WaPo is also the newspaper that published that Pulitzer Prize-winning article all sympathetic to the breeders that let their kids roast in hot cars.

Meanwhile, a dude here ran over a woman and her six-month old baby and people wanted to essentially hang him because the baby died. The judge was all mad because the toughest sentence he could give was a year in jail and was all, “If I could give you more, I would.” But that year in jail is more than what the mother would get if she was the one who killed her baby by “forgetting” him in the car on a hot summer day.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
January 19, 2020
paragon schnitzophonic

Meanwhile, a dude here ran over a woman and her six-month old baby and people wanted to essentially hang him because the baby died. The judge was all mad because the toughest sentence he could give was a year in jail and was all, “If I could give you more, I would.” But that year in jail is more than what the mother would get if she was the one who killed her baby by “forgetting” him in the car on a hot summer day.

Had is just been the woman by herself that died, screw her, right?

January 26, 2020
cfdavep: grandmoo who tossed kid off garage to end marriage... mommy too entrenched and enmeshed with her 'famblee'. couldnot tell her moo to go to blazes

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
January 28, 2020
It's my understanding that he's not even actually the poor child's grandfather, just a step grandfather.

IMO he really tried to sell the idea that "OMG open windows in a children's play area!" Even though the video shows it to be a general use area with lots of people of all ages strolling through and sitting around. I think there might be a children's area nearby, but it wasn't shown in that video as far as I could tell. He tried to make it sound like the cruise ship company was at fault for having windows that can open situated in the middle of a daycare with a bunch of little babies crawling around or something.

And he and the family are claiming that the cruise ship should have had a sign indicating that some of the windows might be open. But if this "grandfather" can walk right up to an open window, bend over as far as possible toward it, and hold the baby up to it all without noticing that it's open, would he be able to notice a SIGN posted nearby?!
January 31, 2020
tiredchicken: also could be viewed as entitled parents (gp's) thinking the whole world should be child proofed..

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
February 08, 2020
kittehpeoples
I was just coming here to see if anyone had posted the update. People were starting to get caught leaving their kids in cars, so they're stepping up their game?

It amazes me that breeders claim we hate kids and wish them all dead or something, but they're the first ones to jump on shit like this and say, "They've suffered enough! Don't investigate, don't punish, just throw money and attention at them" while we're the ones discussing all the different ways the murderer's story doesn't add up and hoping somebody gets punished for what they put the kid through.

I've made my dislike for breeders and their spawn abundantly clear, but I've never advocated killing anyone. The problem is that theses are almost always that the parents or other handlers get off because of the "suffered enough"bullshit. If the kid was developmentally impaired in some way, that's especially low. I'n sure she felt fear as she was falling and probably at least some pain as she hit the water. Those who dreamed this up and those who carried it out (if different) need to face justice and spend the rest of their miserable lives in prison..
February 12, 2020
https://ktla.com/2020/02/06/lawsuit-filed-by-family-of-indiana-toddler-who-fell-to-her-death-off-royal-caribbean-ship-may-proceed-judge/

Royal Caribbean sought to dismiss the suit; court ruled it may continue--family claims the videos showing peepaw leaning out are deceptive. It is a step-peepaw, and this article says it was a dining hall and not a play area.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
May 16, 2020
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/grandfather-toddler-who-died-falling-cruise-ship-plead-guilty-her-n1142981

"From my point of view, at the moment the accident happened, it was as if this wall of protective glass disappeared. I was in complete disbelief. It was a nightmare of the likes I could never have imagined before."
May 17, 2020
khan
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/grandfather-toddler-who-died-falling-cruise-ship-plead-guilty-her-n1142981

"From my point of view, at the moment the accident happened, it was as if this wall of protective glass disappeared. I was in complete disbelief. It was a nightmare of the likes I could never have imagined before."

Can you imagine pleading guilty to killing someone you supposedly adored when you and your entire family continue to believe someone else was at fault? I certainly can't.

My guess: that video that showed him walking around the area beforehand and leaning out of the window completely blew his claim that he didn't know it was open to the outside, and they subsequently realized they weren't going to get a payday out of the cruise line. Pleading guilty "to spare the family" makes him a martyr instead of a negligent caretaker.
May 17, 2020

Michael Winkleman, the attorney for the Wiegand family, told NBC News on Tuesday that Anello filed paperwork to change his plea in return for an agreement that included no jail time. Anello, who lives in South Bend, Indiana, will be able to serve his probation in the state, according to Winkleman.

Sounds like they realized not only were those videos going to cost them their Cruise Line Payday, but also that public opinion had changed and a jury probably wasn’t going to be kind to grandpa.

May 17, 2020
LoveToLurk

in return for an agreement that included no jail time.

Wow, he killed the kid and he's walking. Because he's suffered enough, amirite?

At one point I thought this was a PNA. As more info came out, I came to think he was just a moron who thought he could balance the kid on the ledge, didn't pay attention/keep a good enough grip on her, and then tried to divert the resulting blame by lying and saying he thought there was a window there...either way, he's getting off incredibly light.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login