Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Welp, can't wear this anymore

Posted by Cambion 
Welp, can't wear this anymore
July 13, 2019
I have this t-shirt because I like to give everyone diabetes bake. Had someone ask me recently if the shirt meant I was pregnant.

I thought the expression was "bun in the oven." Mind you I am fat, but not so much that I could be mistaken for being up the duff. Damn, I liked that shirt too, but I really don't want morons thinking I'm advertising being in pig.
Re: Welp, can't wear this anymore
July 14, 2019
Only a desperate baybee crazy person would make this connection. There are tons of those.
July 15, 2019
At the very least, the lady who said this asked if that's what the shirt meant before trying to congratulate me on my imaginary inpigness. Still, I wanted to die knowing that someone thought I was not only knocked up, but advertising it across my chest.
July 15, 2019
You never know how people are going to react to things. This reminds me of an experience I had wearing a t-shirt that had the British Union Jack flag on it. It was a cute shirt.

A man asked me why I would wear a shirt advertising the Confederate flag. The horrified expression on my face was probably priceless. I did a double take and sputtered that it was the British flag. (For those not in the US, the Confederate flag is largely considered a racist symbol.)

Although the two flags are pretty damn distinct from each other it made me paranoid. I ended up donating that shirt. So yeah, it's a shame that a person reacted to your shirt which was so obviously about cooking in that way.
July 15, 2019
My dh has a no bumper stickers policy as you never know if you will be unlucky and trigger the wrong person.
July 15, 2019
Cambion
I have this t-shirt because I like to give everyone diabetes bake. Had someone ask me recently if the shirt meant I was pregnant.

I thought the expression was "bun in the oven." Mind you I am fat, but not so much that I could be mistaken for being up the duff. Damn, I liked that shirt too, but I really don't want morons thinking I'm advertising being in pig.

A pea sized duff can hide an any stomach.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
July 15, 2019
bop
You never know how people are going to react to things. This reminds me of an experience I had wearing a t-shirt that had the British Union Jack flag on it. It was a cute shirt.

A man asked me why I would wear a shirt advertising the Confederate flag. The horrified expression on my face was probably priceless. I did a double take and sputtered that it was the British flag. (For those not in the US, the Confederate flag is largely considered a racist symbol.)

Although the two flags are pretty damn distinct from each other it made me paranoid. I ended up donating that shirt. So yeah, it's a shame that a person reacted to your shirt which was so obviously about cooking in that way.

At least both questioners did not assume, they asked.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
July 16, 2019
bop

The actual fuck? You’d have to be pretty stupid to confuse the Union Jack with the confederate flag. Where was this person from, may I ask?

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
July 17, 2019
This is horrible, but the guy was actually a fiftysomething high school teacher. This happened in the 1990s in small-town America, where the Union Jack wasn't hugely common, but the rebel flag certainly was, and he would have had plenty of direct observation of the Confederate flag and how different the two are.

I was a big fan of British Invasion music like the Beatles and the Stones (still am), so naturally I was attracted to this cute shirt with the British flag and a guitar. I never would have imagined anyone, let alone a teacher, could mistake it for anything other than that.
July 17, 2019
I had that happen to me once. I had this black shirt that kind of puffed out at the midsection, kind of an empire-waist thing that tied in the back. Someone asked me how much I was along. I immediately tossed the shirt out when I got home. It was said to me by a cab driver. It was probably the only time that I didn't tip a driver. I did tell him that it was never appropriate to assume a woman is pregnant. I was super embarrassed by the comment.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login