Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PA school threatens parents with foster care over student lunch debt

Posted by Cambion 
PA school threatens parents with foster care over student lunch debt
July 19, 2019
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pennsylvania-school-district-warns-parents-that-children-could-be-put-in-foster-care-over-lunch-debt/

Seems like schools are getting really fed up with parents not paying to feed their damn kids, so a Pennsyltucky school decided to send delinquent parents letters telling them that if they don't pony up, their kids could be taken away and placed in the foster system for failure to meet their child's basic nutritional needs.

School
"Your child has been sent to school every day without money and without breakfast and/or lunch," the letter said. "This is a failure to provide your child with proper nutrition and you can be sent to Dependency Court for neglecting your child's right to food."

According to WYOU, the district is attempting to collect more than $20,000 in school lunch debt.

So of course everybody had a shitfit. I was kind of hoping it would work because, well, it's fucking true. If you aren't sending your kids to school with money to pay for food, you are not only neglecting one of their most basic needs, but you're stealing from the school when they feel the need to feed kids for free so they don't go hungry. If you starved your brat under any other circumstances, it would warrant those kids being taken away.

The county director wasn't pleased with it either.

County Director
"Foster care is to be utilized only when absolutely needed — when a child has been abused, is in need or has suffered a tragedy," Pedri told CBS News. "Our foster care system is NOT to be utilized to scare parents into paying school lunch bills. The foster care system should never be viewed as a punitive agency or weaponized to terrorize children and families."

Have they considered the fact that gentler methods of collecting lunch debt have failed and that scare tactics are a last resort? They shouldn't have to resort to threatening to take people's kids away to make them pay for fucking food like you would do anywhere else. But if they don't feed the non-paying kids, there are more tantrums about the schools denying kids the right too food. If they feed the broke kids sandwiches, they bitch about them not getting hot food. If the poor kids are fed ANYTHING other than what the paying kids are eating, there's screaming about discrimination.

However, I can see the county's point - what the school is doing is akin to trying to make your screeching brat behave by saying, "Listen to Mommy or the mean policeman over there will come arrest you and take you away!" But I don't blame them for trying because they're trying to collect 20 large from shamelessly stingy assholes who don't give two shits about their kids.

I say just don't feed the little bastards and tell the parents to either shut the fuck up, pack a lunch, or give their brats lunch money. Yes it sucks and yes it punishes the kids and yes it'll be all over the media, but they won't die from skipping a few meals. If you don't put your foot down with breeders and their bullshit, they won't have a reason to stop their bad behavior.
Re: PA school threatens parents with foster care over student lunch debt
July 19, 2019
They should probably stop offering credit if they have such large uncollected debts. Or maybe just start accepting food stamps, then there's no excuse.
It is an outrage that the schools have to have any involvement in parents paying for their kids (for lunches or anything else). This is the parent's problem. Not sure threatening foster care was the best approach but it sounds as if the schools are at their wit's end because of bad parenting.

If the parents qualify for free lunches maybe this will encourage them to apply. For all the other parents (which I'm guessing to be the majority), quit being assholes and pay for the lunches of the mouths you agreed to feed when you decided to bring those people to this planet. If you can't don't want to feed them and would rather own the latest iPhone then don't breed them.
they should never have started feeding their fuck trophies in the first place. my next guess is these so called parunts are gonna want dinner as well

terrorize these famblees' who gives a healthy damn if they are terrorized. I really am getting tired of these mememe asshats. I might listen if they will submit to being sterilized. female first then then the dick of the month

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
freya
It is an outrage that the schools have to have any involvement in parents paying for their kids (for lunches or anything else). This is the parent's problem. Not sure threatening foster care was the best approach but it sounds as if the schools are at their wit's end because of bad parenting.

If the parents qualify for free lunches maybe this will encourage them to apply. For all the other parents (which I'm guessing to be the majority), quit being assholes and pay for the lunches of the mouths you agreed to feed when you decided to bring those people to this planet. If you can't don't want to feed them and would rather own the latest iPhone then don't breed them.

The GOP in some states are literally seeking to force EVERY pregnant woman, including victims of rape and incest to become breeders, so while I agree with this, not every woman will have the right to choose. And once abortion is wiped from the map, you can bet birth control is next on their hit list.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
I read another article on this not too long ago. I was right, the threats of removing children from stingy parents was, in fact, a last resort.

Story
When officials there noticed that families owed the district around $22,000 in breakfast and lunch debt, they tried to get their money back.

"By mail, email, robo calls, personal calls and letters," said Joseph Mazur, the president of the district's board of education.

But, Mazur said, nothing worked.

But then:

Story
Mazur, meanwhile, said while petrifying people was never the objective, the tactic did help recover some of what was owed.

"Was the letter a little strong? Maybe yes," Mazur said. "But it did work, because they're paid now."

So all it took to make parents pony up to feed their own damn kids was threatening to take them away, I'm sure because without those kids, many of those breeders would get smaller or non-existent welfare checks. But now that it's been shared in the news that they won't actually make good on the threats (and they won't send out more threatening letters anyway), parents still won't have a reason to pay their kids' lunch balances.

"No child should have to imagine the horror of being ripped away from their parents because their family is struggling economically," Casey said.

And no child should be sent to school without the means to eat either. Striking a little fear into these delinquent families got their attention, and if they can't afford a few bucks to feed their own kids, then they shouldn't have those kids. I'm kind of sad they won't be losing their kids if they don't feel like feeding them.

Since the poverty level among students has risen in the district recently, new federal nutrition assistance is expected district-wide to cover meals for all students, regardless of their family's economic means.

Y'all know what that means: higher taxes to feed the brats because their own parents don't care enough about them to buy them food.
Cambion
Y'all know what that means: higher taxes to feed the brats because their own parents don't care enough about them to buy them food.

And they say the CF aren't punished in favor of breeders....
An update on this story. The school in question refused an offer from a local businessperson to pay off the district's lunch debt.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/454397-pennsylvania-school-district-turns-down-local-businessmans

This is what cheap-ass breeders bank on - someone with deep pockets willing to pony up on their behalf because children. The district refused the offer because, according to another article I read that I can't find now, the financial responsibility is on the parents, not on some bleeding heart with more money than they know what to do with. The school can't get these assholes' brats taken away for what is essentially neglect, but they are holding them responsible for their refusal to buy their kids food instead of letting someone else swoop in and solve their problems for them. Good for them.
Cambion

"No child should have to imagine the horror of being ripped away from their parents because their family is struggling economically," Casey said.

And no child should be sent to school without the means to eat either. Striking a little fear into these delinquent families got their attention, and if they can't afford a few bucks to feed their own kids, then they shouldn't have those kids. I'm kind of sad they won't be losing their kids if they don't feel like feeding them.

Agreed. What's worse, "ripping them away" from their parents and putting them into better care, or letting them go through every day knowing they're going to be hungry while their classmates have food? When they tout school meal programs, they love to point out that for some kids, these are the only meals they're guaranteed to get in a day, and if that's really the case, they NEED taken away from parents who aren't fucking feeding them. Jesus.
July 24, 2019
Cambion
An update on this story. The school in question refused an offer from a local businessperson to pay off the district's lunch debt.

Honestly I don't see why the school should give a fuck who pays the debt, so long as it is paid. The school may think that the business is just enabling breeders to spend their money on luxuries, but that's not really the school's business. Either contact CPS if you think the child is being malnourished, or don't; there's not really an in-between.
yurble
Cambion

Honestly I don't see why the school should give a fuck who pays the debt, so long as it is paid. The school may think that the business is just enabling breeders to spend their money on luxuries, but that's not really the school's business. Either contact CPS if you think the child is being malnourished, or don't; there's not really an in-between.

Determining if a brat's malnourished is complicated by obesity. An obese child can be malnourished living on nothing but crackers, but the fat makes others think he/she is well-fed.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
craftyzits
Determining if a brat's malnourished is complicated by obesity. An obese child can be malnourished living on nothing but crackers, but the fat makes others think he/she is well-fed.

Very true. A kid can easily be a fat ass and malnourished. Breeders tend to feed their kids processed convenience foods that don't require much cooking that are full of fat, carbs and sugar and have little to no nutritional value like chicken nuggets and hot dogs and no real fruits or vegetables. The end result are a bunch of 200-pound prediabetic grade school porkers who are probably deficient in every vitamin.

Another update, it seems like the school has swallowed its pride and will accept donations to pay off the lunch debt after all.
https://www.npr.org/2019/07/24/745046246/pa-school-district-reverses-course-and-will-now-accept-donations-to-cover-lunch-

I sure hope they can find donors to pay for brat kibble every year for the rest of forever because breeders will come to expect it. I wonder what they'll complain about next in regard to free meals. Since rich fuckers are paying off the balance, then let's get some fancy chow for the dumplings and take advantage of their misplaced kindness! Then there will be bitching that the babbies are starving and wasting away because they won't eat higher quality food.
July 26, 2019
craftyzits
yurble

I meant that you call CPS if you think the kid is genuinely in danger. If you don't think the kid is genuinely in danger, than you don't do anything. You shouldn't just sit in the middle of these two options like the school is doing.
July 27, 2019
I see property taxes going up soon. Big time. Nobody is going to oppose because “it’s for the children”
I've seen a few of these debts happening due to accounting errors on the school's part; in those cases the parents shouldn't have to pay. If you fuck up at a job you get paid to do, sorry not sorry that's on you.

But the majority appear to just be lazy parents who aren't paying their tab & won't take the time to shove some food in a lunchbox for their brats. That's inexcusable & they should be held accountable however the school sees fit. It's like one long 'dine & dash' where the offender keeps coming back every day. Schools have budgets too. Imagine any other business allowing this to happen! I'm not sure foster care is the answer; maybe call the cops on the parents for unpaid fees? Or sue them until they pay what they owe? Putting kids in foster care isn't exactly cheap so that doesn't sound like a frugal solution unless there's real evidence of neglect/abuse. (In which case they should already be calling regardless of any unpaid fees).

It's just so shitty that parents have absolutely no shame or dignity whatsoever. Everyone assumes they aren't paying because they CAN'T...that's a mighty charitable assumption. I'm sure it applies to some but not all. We all know people who will do exactly as much as they can get away with until absolutely forced to change.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login