Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No shock here: friend's daughter is a teen mom

Posted by randomcfchick 
No shock here: friend's daughter is a teen mom
July 20, 2019
Mr. Random and I are friends with this couple (call them B and T). They are very cool people, though sometimes not the best communicators when we'd try to set up stuff together. But they're a blast to hang out with. During our evenings of gaming, dinner, bowling, what have you, T would sometimes mention stupid stuff his teenage daughter had done. She is impulsive (which is apparently how T was when younger) and doesn't think things through. Then she discovered boys, and the stories from T made it clear that Daughter was NOT smart enough to be in a sexual relationship. B and T moved away a couple years ago...went back to B's hometown and we didn't hear from them for a while. I told Mr. Random that I'd bet him that the daughter would get knocked up before age 20 and keep the baby. Mr. Random just laughed and said he wasn't gonna take a bet he knew he'd lose.

Then they came back to visit, and we were able to meet up for dinner and drinks. Turns out that they were in town visiting their GRANDCHILD. Yup, saw that one coming five miles away. Daughter was stupid about birth control, got knocked up somewhere around age 18, and kept the baby.

It's really a shame...T is a cool guy, but managed to produce a daughter who makes those types of decisions.

At any rate...file this under "not a surprise".
Re: No shock here: friend's daughter is a teen mom
July 20, 2019
My best friend's daughter has a friend who just came up pregnant. I was with them when friend's daughter got the text and they were both discussing how disappointed-- but unsurprised-- they both were. Apparently this friend has had pregnancy scares before and my friend's daughter said she told the friend then that she wouldn't have anything to do with the kid if she had one-- no free babysitting, that kind of bullshit. When she got the text that the friend is definitely pregnant, she reiterated-- she's not going to help this girl deal with her irresponsible decisions. And man, did they both act like they saw this coming from miles away...some kids, you just know that's where they're headed.

(I took the opportunity to ask BF's daughter if she's still considering being CF and she said yes. She said she's not positive, but right now she doesn't like the idea of making her life all about someone else. If only more people were that self-aware.)
Re: No shock here: friend's daughter is a teen mom
July 22, 2019
It is this kind of shit that makes me glad I am very socially isolated (except on the Internet).

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login