Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Writer thinks CF Millennials need to be nicer to breeders

Posted by yurble 
Writer thinks CF Millennials need to be nicer to breeders
July 21, 2019
Steaming pile of shit (warning: contains picture of baby)

Your rhetoric can unintentionally reinforce and validate some very negative stereotypes and skewed beliefs that affect everyone in society. So, please, next time you have to explain to someone that no, you aren’t really worried about your biological clock ticking away, here are some things to consider to help you come off as loud and proud instead of condescending and rude.

Of course it's the job of the person on the receiving end of the unwarranted negative comment to avoid coming across as a negative stereotype. Because it doesn't matter if you've heard it a million times before, it's your job to avoid hurting anyone's feelings. Does the author also expect every women to smile when some asshole tells them to, lest they be thought of as bitches, or black women to placidly put up with random people touching their hair?

Here are some of the 'tips'

First and foremost, can we discuss the superiority that some- actually many- young people have when they discuss not having children?

Just admit it. You don’t want kids because you’ve never really been a huge fan of them. Or you absolutely hate responsibility. Or you’re deeply afraid of commitment. Or you’re a busy person. Or you’ve always been scared if you get handed a baby you’ll drop it and you definitely don’t want to drop your own baby. Or you think you’ll be a bad parent. All of these are valid reasons. But don’t pretend you’re making a choice to lower your carbon footprint.

False (and Deeply Problematic) Rage About Parenting “Privileges”

Like in this article, some childfree people truly believe parents are the lucky ones- receiving all sorts of unfair and unnecessary benefits, while the childless go punished.

No, taking time off work to do a home reno or write a novel isn’t as valid as parental leave. Your workplace is not obligated to accommodate your personal life- your desire to have a better home or spend a few months living it up without any responsibility. You are there to fulfill your duty to them in exchange for money, not have them make your life better for no incentive whatsoever. Providing leave to parents is not a matter of giving them time off on a whim- it’s accepting the fact that parents are tied down to societal and biological obligations outside of their own lives, and it benefits all of us if we allow them to fulfill those obligations.
Re: Writer thinks CF Millennials need to be nicer to breeders
July 21, 2019
Ha, even breeders will admit that they don't like other people's kids. Why should breeders, then, think that CL or CF people should automatically love kids? Is it because there are so many CF apologists out there who try to placate breeders by saying that they love kids?

I say Good on the Millenials for being smart enough to see the trap that is parenthood. It is NOT the unicorn farts and rainbows that parents make it out to be. With all the information on the net about it now, the confessions and admissions from moos saying how difficult and expensive it is to raise kids, it's no wonder more and more young people are choosing to opt out.
July 21, 2019

parents are tied down to societal and biological obligations outside of their own lives, and it benefits all of us if we allow them to fulfill those obligations.

Its almost like shes repeating the old trope that childfree are selfish and only parents have obligations. Moo, get over it. Your still selfish if your life only revolves around kid and you. Theres no guarantee that having kid contributes or even benefits society. Theres plenty of breeders who believe having brats is all about them. And yes this is reflected in workplace when breeders use kids as excuse to get out of work constantly.
July 21, 2019
Wow, I want to punch that author in the throat. Repeatedly.
July 21, 2019
yurble
Steaming pile of shit (warning: contains picture of baby)

Your rhetoric can unintentionally reinforce and validate some very negative stereotypes and skewed beliefs that affect everyone in society. So, please, next time you have to explain to someone that no, you aren’t really worried about your biological clock ticking away, here are some things to consider to help you come off as loud and proud instead of condescending and rude.

Of course it's the job of the person on the receiving end of the unwarranted negative comment to avoid coming across as a negative stereotype. Because it doesn't matter if you've heard it a million times before, it's your job to avoid hurting anyone's feelings. Does the author also expect every women to smile when some asshole tells them to, lest they be thought of as bitches, or black women to placidly put up with random people touching their hair?

Here are some of the 'tips'

First and foremost, can we discuss the superiority that some- actually many- young people have when they discuss not having children?

Just admit it. You don’t want kids because you’ve never really been a huge fan of them. Or you absolutely hate responsibility. Or you’re deeply afraid of commitment. Or you’re a busy person. Or you’ve always been scared if you get handed a baby you’ll drop it and you definitely don’t want to drop your own baby. Or you think you’ll be a bad parent. All of these are valid reasons. But don’t pretend you’re making a choice to lower your carbon footprint.

False (and Deeply Problematic) Rage About Parenting “Privileges”

Like in this article, some childfree people truly believe parents are the lucky ones- receiving all sorts of unfair and unnecessary benefits, while the childless go punished.

No, taking time off work to do a home reno or write a novel isn’t as valid as parental leave. Your workplace is not obligated to accommodate your personal life- your desire to have a better home or spend a few months living it up without any responsibility. You are there to fulfill your duty to them in exchange for money, not have them make your life better for no incentive whatsoever. Providing leave to parents is not a matter of giving them time off on a whim- it’s accepting the fact that parents are tied down to societal and biological obligations outside of their own lives, and it benefits all of us if we allow them to fulfill those obligations.

I have decided to go CF because of medical reasons. Children set off my migraines, and these migraines are crippling fuckers that have thrown me in the back of an ambulance.

As for time off to hatch a loaf, unless you live in a section of the USA that disallows abortion for ANY reason including rape and incest, that's on you.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
lol @ "admit it". The word "admit" implies that there's something shameful to be hidden... there's nothing shameful about not wanting kids for ANY reason. I doubt anyone's avoiding sprogging primarily to lower their carbon footprint, but we also aren't gonna act like not having kids isn't the single most impactful thing you can do for the environment. Because it is.

If that FACT makes them uncomfortable, too bad. Science doesn't care about your fee-fees. drinking smiley
July 21, 2019
Ugh, the “admit it.” And then she goes on to list the common canards that breeders seem to think are our reasons, like avoiding responsibility or having irrational fears of dropping a preshus baby. I’ve never heard anyone say they don’t want kids because they are afraid of dropping the loaf. The most common reasons I see are financial and health-related. So, CF people are a bunch of monsters who won’t have children they can’t afford or who they fear will get a heritable condition. Bonus monster points from the author because we dare judge poor people with no partners and severe heritable conditions for the disadvantages they inflict on their offspring.

And what is this horse shit about societal and biological obligations outside of work? We all have societal and biological obligations outside of work because we all live in society and have families. No one offers paid leave to deal with an elderly parent or register people to vote or pick up litter at the park. You gotta do that shit on your own time because Lindsay from accounting is benefitting us all by sitting home in sweatpants for six weeks with little MaKaighleigh.
July 21, 2019
A lot of people, especially younger people, seem to enter into any reproductive conversations on the offense because they're expecting to have to put up a fight with whatever mouth-breather is planning to bingo them.

So parents are allowed to be proud of being parents, but CFers aren't allowed to be proud of not being parents. That's the gist I'm getting from this pile of horse shit.

Shit

I seriously doubt anybody chose to not breed exclusively to reduce their carbon footprint - it's just a handy side effect. And why do I have to admit anything? That makes it sound like I'm lying about my reasons for not breeding. I don't want kids because I don't like them, I don't want to deal with them, I'd be a bad parent, and I've got better shit to do than be an ass wiper. I don't need to make the choice to reduce my carbon footprint because it's happening by proxy.

Shit

That's because it's fucking true, you asshole. Parents get ALL the perks, ranging from excuses for being late/leaving early to bigger welfare checks and more food stamps to getting more dough for fundraisers because muh kydddddds. CFers keep the ship afloat most of the time and they get shoved aside, ignored, or sometimes punished specifically for not being breeders. I don't care that breeders get the world handed to them on a platter, but I do care that the same isn't true for everyone.

Retard
Visibly pregnant mothers lose out on job opportunities regardless of their merit and work ethic.

So do women in general, especially younger and middle-aged ones because employers are afraid that she'll get herself pigged up and go on maternity leave. And since they aren't allowed to ask about reproductive plans, they have to assume anybody with tits is a breeder or potential breeder and judge on that basis. That's not a parent problem, that's a gender problem.

Moron
I’m not saying you won’t face your own hardships- like I said, it sucks that older people make comments about your life, or that you sometimes have to take one for the team and work the crummy Friday night shift so your co-worker doesn’t have to blow half her grocery bill on after-hours daycare costs. But stop pretending parents are a privileged bunch. Stop pretending they can just “control” their young children, and thus you have the right to judge struggling parents for not doing this “job”.

So just ignore the truth because acknowledging it will give someone a case of the butthurts? What a fucking breeder pleaser. Parents are one of the most privileged groups of people to ever exist. Parents can very well control their kids and can do their jobs - they just choose not to because they're lazy pieces of shit or because someone else will do it for them or because everyone should just be expected to put up with their shit.

Dumbass
No, taking time off work to do a home reno or write a novel isn’t as valid as parental leave. Your workplace is not obligated to accommodate your personal life- your desire to have a better home or spend a few months living it up without any responsibility.

It depends on who you're asking. A novel could be someone's life work while having a loaf could be someone else's idea of their life's work. There's no such thing as a more valid reason for taking leave. Someone wants time off, they should get it. Just because you don't think home renovation or writing a book is an invalid reason for vacation doesn't mean that it actually is.

And why is it that employers will accommodate breeding, which is a 100 percent personal and voluntary life choice, but won't accommodate other personal life choices? If I go out and buy a Corvette, can I have a week off to drive it everywhere? Why is reproduction the only "acceptable" personal life choice that employers need to accommodate?

Shit for brains
Firstly, it’s untrue in America- there are actually more families who are interested in or would be willing to adopt or foster children than there are kids in the adoption system. In fact, an estimated two million LGBTQ people in America would be willing to or are considering adoption, whereas under 700,000 children are in the foster or adoption system every year. Overall, there are more than enough people willing to adopt for every “unwanted” child.

Notice how she says there are loads of people willing to adopt, but not loads of people who actually adopt. This is because domestic adoption costs a shitload of money and quite often, things fall through and couples can blow tons of money only to wind up with no child. Nobody wants to adopt to gay people because they're gay. So yes, there are still tons of unwanted kids because our country makes it damn near impossible to adopt people's surrendered children.

Lobotomy queen
Secondly, it’s blatantly dehumanizing to suggest some lives are not wanted. It’s telling kids around the world- kids who are in foster care, are from abusive families or were just unplanned- that if their biological parents didn’t “want” them (or rather, were unprepared for them or placed them into adoption for their own wellbeing) they aren’t wanted anywhere by anyone. It also reinforces the idea that adoptive parents are less valid than biological ones- if a child isn’t raised by their bio parents it means they’re automatically “unwanted”, suggesting they are the only parents who really have a say in whether or not a child is worthy or not.

Some lives aren't wanted. It's not dehumanizing, it's the truth. Not all children are wanted. If every child was wanted, there would be no foster kids and no child abuse. It's practically guaranteed that these unwanted kids are wanted, but the people who want them can't have them (or shouldn't have them, in the case of pedophiles). And who the fuck said anything about adoptive parents being lesser parents than biological ones? Now she's just putting words in our mouths. I have FAR more respect for an adoptive parent than one who creates a biological child of their own.

Deserves to be punched
It’s important to stand your ground and defend your personal decisions- but please, try not to do it at the expense of parents- especially young and low-income parents.

Then how about an article telling parents to get off our backs and quit hassling us about not reproducing? Why is it okay for them to be dicks to us, but we can't dish it back out?

Goddamn I want to drive over this woman's head with my car.
July 22, 2019
What's this about a biological obligation? People don't crave making children, people crave Having Sex. Are employers supposed to accommodate people's sexy time?
July 22, 2019
I thought this was one of those 24 year old bitter bizzy mahms with three kids and one more on the way. You know, the self-proclaimed expert who thinks she can solve the problems of the populace with a few words of mahm wisdom.

Talk about an armchair idiot. The very premise of this article is flawed, along with everything else about it.

This dumbass author isn't even aware that she is Generation Z. Adopt cats, enter college at 18 and demand the rights for parents with absolutely no life experience or basis in reality. She is regurgitating a bunch of rhetoric while lacking even a modicum of self-awareness.

Of course the article was written in 2016 so she may be all of 21 now. Of legal drinking age and everything! But, still Generation Z.
July 22, 2019
mr. neptune
What's this about a biological obligation? People don't crave making children, people crave Having Sex. Are employers supposed to accommodate people's sexy time?

Don't say that too loud. Various governments are already proposing this because they are worried about low birthrates..
July 22, 2019
freya
Adopt cats, enter college at 18 and demand the rights for parents with absolutely no life experience or basis in reality. She is regurgitating a bunch of rhetoric while lacking even a modicum of self-awareness.

I've met people like that: no kids but all up in arms defending parental rights. It's pretty obvious they see themselves as breeders in a few years and want to make sure the benefits haven't dried up by the time they get a chance to grab some for themselves. They're often the ones who defend treating childless workers like shit because they expect to reap the benefits in the future.
July 27, 2019
So basically, in a round about way, millennials are the first generation to have the guts to speak what is really on their mind. Truth is spoken without sugar coating. Breeders can’t handle the truth, their panties get in a bunch and all that
July 27, 2019
I think it must also fly in the face of breeders where it comes to CF people. One of their favorite bingoes is "You must've had a terrible childhood to not want kids." If their own kids are starting think twice about breeding, I guess they can't really use that on us anymore, because THEY are the parents. Just a thought.
July 27, 2019
mumofsixbirds
I think it must also fly in the face of breeders where it comes to CF people. One of their favorite bingoes is "You must've had a terrible childhood to not want kids." If their own kids are starting think twice about breeding, I guess they can't really use that on us anymore, because THEY are the parents. Just a thought.

Growing up with baby boomer parents was not a walk in the park, to say the least, for many people. Baby boomers are champions of divorce, remarriages and blended families. Here is what is interesting. Growing up, kids in school used to speak negatively of their parents’ choices. Today, these kids are grown and they basically are doing the same thing and are now saying that the choices that their parents were making were perfectly fine.

Here is what I think about all of that. A drunk dad is only wrong until the son starts to drink himself. A parent being an idiot is only an idiot until the child starts being an idiot too, then said parent is 100% perfect. Some people learn, because divorce rate is dropping, number of CF people is growing, But not everyone is learning and big business is loving it and is still pulling in good profits because of idiots.
July 27, 2019
BTW, the person who wrote this article is 18. She is well brain washed and well prepped to bake a loaf of her own very soon. Her parents must salivating because grand brats are coming soon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login