Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How did we ever survive this long when kids display major anti-survival behaviors?

Posted by Cambion 
Just stuff I was thinking about. Kids of any age all do shit that absolutely does not jive with survival and it had to be a hell of a stroke of luck that any of us are here now, given these behaviors.

A few examples:

• The only way babies can communicate is by screaming bloody murder. Certainly it's natural for baby animals of any sort to make noise when they want their mum or just want something, but most baby animals make tiny sounds. Offspring that screech like a siren seems pretty counterproductive - not only in regard to potential enemies/predators, but in regard to food. How could primitive humans sneak up on a deer or whatever to kill it when Junior is turning purple and puking his guts out because he's putting so much effort into screaming for no reason at all?

• Speaking of food sources, how did kids ever manage to survive past the age of three when they're such picky eaters? Even when the little shit stains are so hungry that they whine and cry and get cranky, they still turn their noses up at food because it's the wrong color or because of "texture issues." Babies too! You sit there for four fucking hours trying to spoon pureed slop into a loaf's face hole and then there's about a 70 percent chance they'll puke it back up. Or when it comes to beefing, look how many Moos experience problems with nursing because the fucker can't "latch" properly. I wonder how many primitive brats starved to death because they couldn't wrap their mouths around a nipple. Compare to kangaroos, where the baby (which is very underdeveloped) is expected to crawl blindly from the birth canal to the mom's teat and latch itself on, and if it goes in the wrong direction, it dies and mom gives no fucks. With human babies (also very underdeveloped at birth), the mothers will hold them and put fucking food right in their mouths and they sometimes still proceed to not eat.

• Most baby animals will stay right the fuck where their mothers put them. Meanwhile, mobile babies and toddlers will head right for the nearest light socket with open arms or bolt into traffic. Why are brats so attracted to the most dangerous things?

• Kids who play with and eat their own shit. The only time I've heard of animals doing that is when they're starving and need some kind of nutrition. Human young will happily sit there playing with their own feces and eating it, even non-retarded ones. I wonder if kids have some kind of immunity against their own waste because I rarely hear of brats getting sick from fingerpainting with their turds, but an adult that doesn't wash their hands after taking a dump can get incredibly sick.

• Why do kids eat dumb shit and/or choke all the time? I know animals do it too, but aren't humans supposed to be intelligent? And how is it that a kid will eat something that tastes absolutely godawful like bleach and not have the sense to spit it out? Even dogs, who are complete retards when it comes to stuff they eat, will spit things out that taste bad.

• In spite of countless devices created specifically to protect children from harm, they will often find ways around the protective benefits of those devices. Why are kids "smart" in the worst possible ways? They'll figure out child-proof bottles and learn to unlatch baby gates and then proceed to eat a whole bottle of aspirin and go drown in the toilet.

Feel free to add more to the list, because I'm sure I missed plenty of stuff. Why do kids all seem to have death wishes?
How did we survive? For our generation, that is 60s-70s, people around our area had a LOT OF KIDS in the 50s. Growing up I heard of kids dying of cancer and as a teen I heard of more than a few dying in car accidents. But there were so many of us, children of surly engineers who were rude ushers in the church and made their wives have 6, 7, 10 kids, there were always plenty of people.
With all those behaviors I'm surprised that historically infanticide was only moderately common, rather than rampant. The actions themselves aren't necessarily suicidal from a historic point of view, but they certainly would make the reluctant parent murderous.

Screaming. I believe there have been studies that show that the screaming is very hard for adults to ignore (can confirm it gets on my nerves immensely) so presumably it gradually evolved precisely because it caused adults to pay attention. As for hunting there was obviously a division of labor where some in the tribe looked after the children while others hunted. And of course it was observed that some native Americans would put their hand over the child's nose and mouth to muffle its cries/stop it from crying, in order to prevent children from revealing them to their enemies.

Picky eating. So many children died in the first few years of life, historically, from a range of reasons including disease but I'm guessing also being unable to latch and not eating the food provided to them. So basically, historically, we were like the kangaroos, and only the fittest children survived. Nowadays we are not so Darwinian and like to bypass this part of natural selection by using bottles, C-sections, and so on. If you look at population growth charts over time, you can see the population was reasonably modest until modern medicine started to be available, then the exponential growth took off.

Wandering. They are developing their motor skills. In a natural environment there would of course be dangers such as predators and drowning, and no doubt many children were lost that way.

Shit. Freud has his theories as to why children are fascinated with their own excrement. From a biology perspective it might not be so bad. Just like dogs will sometimes scarf down shit and gain favorable stomach bacteria from doing it, so might children do the same. There's now a treatment for having colonies of nasty gut bacteria which involves treatments of good bacteria (aka, shit from people with good stomach bacteria). My guess is it is intended to give them access to a wide range of possible bacteria necessary for a healthy gut. When a person is an adult, the risks (getting a nasty bug) outweigh the benefits (seeding the gut bacteria) because the adult should already have a developed gut ecosystem.

Eating whatever and choking. Humans have to learn a lot to get on in life, compared to many other species which have more instincts. Kids are really dumb. They learn through imitation and trial and error, and I guess it's a case of whatever doesn't kill you makes you smarter.

Backward smartness. Again it has to do with how kids learn, through imitation and trial and error. The kid sees someone unlatching the baby gate regularly, and eventually imitates it. The kid is not bored by trying 1,000 times to open the bottle (whereas an adult would get frustrated by the third attempt) so they keep trying it until they succeed, often by dumb chance (but they will remember how they succeeded and repeat it in the future).

So all of these attributes make (some) sense, but it's still a mystery why infanticide isn't more common, given how irritating all these things are...
Cambion

• The only way babies can communicate is by screaming bloody murder. Certainly it's natural for baby animals of any sort to make noise when they want their mum or just want something, but most baby animals make tiny sounds. Offspring that screech like a siren seems pretty counterproductive - not only in regard to potential enemies/predators, but in regard to food. How could primitive humans sneak up on a deer or whatever to kill it when Junior is turning purple and puking his guts out because he's putting so much effort into screaming for no reason at all?

Most babies who scream and squall like this have inattentive parents who really don't pay any mind to their loaf. The loaf realizes that their little squeaks aren't getting attention, so they let out a holler. Some however are in intense pain due to colic but that is another story.

In hunter-gatherer societies the babies are left behind with the women and children while the men hunted down dinner, so squalling babies aren't an issue when sneaking up on deer.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
yurble
Shit. Freud has his theories as to why children are fascinated with their own excrement. From a biology perspective it might not be so bad. Just like dogs will sometimes scarf down shit and gain favorable stomach bacteria from doing it, so might children do the same. There's now a treatment for having colonies of nasty gut bacteria which involves treatments of good bacteria (aka, shit from people with good stomach bacteria). My guess is it is intended to give them access to a wide range of possible bacteria necessary for a healthy gut. When a person is an adult, the risks (getting a nasty bug) outweigh the benefits (seeding the gut bacteria) because the adult should already have a developed gut ecosystem.

Actually, doctors today in fact do transfer healthy gut bacteria (shit) to unhealthy guts by having patients receive an anus full of shit from a healthy person.

https://azdailysun.com/news/local/doctors-transfer-the-power-of-gut-bacteria/article_5956de37-7b12-52ab-9491-0853b067f39c.html

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Past threads discussed the possibility that autards who run away, head for water, and drown, or do other things almost certain to ensure their deaths, might be examples of Darwinism or nature's way of culling the herd. We're talking about nonverbal (unable to speak) fuck trophies who cannot alert rescuers to their location, or who actually run away from rescuers.

Cambion's examples for normal kids are more of that principle, survival of the fittest. The human race does itself no favors by trying to ensure every idiot survives. Most of the 7+ billion people in the world are simply useless, worthless, or even dangerous to the productive and law-abiding, but do-gooders view them all as equally precious. I don't get it.
Most of the cats I have known will stay away from a burning candle. They instinctively know it is dangerous and don't want to get near it. The one exception was a roommate's cat who was clearly abnormal and probably retarded.

The weird thing is even completely normal human toadlers will run towards dangerous things, like a hot oven or busy street.That is what I can't understand. Retards offing themselves to cull the herd makes sense, but why would normal kids behave this way? It doesn't do anything to help the species survive.
ondinette
The weird thing is even completely normal human toadlers will run towards dangerous things, like a hot oven or busy street.That is what I can't understand. Retards offing themselves to cull the herd makes sense, but why would normal kids behave this way? It doesn't do anything to help the species survive.

Streets and hot ovens are things that humanity has had for what - a couple thousand years at most in the case of streets? That's not really enough time for an instinctive identification of danger to develop. I would expect humans to have a better understanding of dangers that have existed for millions of years, like predators, fire, water, cliffs, etc. It's still inexplicable that ordinary toddlers have little conception of these dangers, so I can only conclude that they are very, very stupid.
I have heard of that - fecal transplants are a thing for people with C. Diff.

yurble
Screaming. I believe there have been studies that show that the screaming is very hard for adults to ignore (can confirm it gets on my nerves immensely) so presumably it gradually evolved precisely because it caused adults to pay attention.

Good point, and I've heard other theories like how screaming prevents the parents from having the energy to fuck around and make another loaf too soon after the first one was born. But I know many parents will also let their kids cry it out because even loaves learn very quickly that screeching makes one of the parents come running and it will wind up screeching more often for the attention. I've heard of several instances of babies who just scream until they turn blue the moment someone sets them down.

I'm also aware that there can be health causes like teeth coming in or colic like craftyzits said.

And I just don't get picky eaters in general. I don't mean the handful of foods we all have that we hate, that's just normal. I mean the autistic-level pickiness (usually only seen among brats) where someone who is hungry will refuse to eat because their foods are touching or they don't have a separate fork for each food. It just seems to go against all human logic and instinct, and it also seems like a very first world problem because I guarantee you anything starving people in shit-world countries aren't going to throw food away because the potatoes are touching the beans.

yurble
Wandering. They are developing their motor skills. In a natural environment there would of course be dangers such as predators and drowning, and no doubt many children were lost that way.

Oh that I don't doubt at all, but it just really really seems like little kids are attracted to the things that will hurt them the most. They also seem to find very, VERY creative ways of killing themselves. I don't mean kids who get separated from their parents out in public, but I mean the ones who are totally fine and then charge full-tilt into oncoming traffic without warning.

kman
Past threads discussed the possibility that autards who run away, head for water, and drown, or do other things almost certain to ensure their deaths, might be examples of Darwinism or nature's way of culling the herd. We're talking about nonverbal (unable to speak) fuck trophies who cannot alert rescuers to their location, or who actually run away from rescuers.

But then I wonder why so many awtards are insanely strong. If nature is trying to chlorinate the gene pool by making them more attracted to dangerous things, why do they often possess tremendous strength if not to be able to defend themselves against "enemies" like aides, teachers and health care providers?

yurble
I would expect humans to have a better understanding of dangers that have existed for millions of years, like predators, fire, water, cliffs, etc. It's still inexplicable that ordinary toddlers have little conception of these dangers, so I can only conclude that they are very, very stupid.

I think one thing even kids are usually intrinsically afraid of is heights, but that's about it. Even normal kids have zero natural sense about avoiding things like water, predators (like an angry dog) or fire. Doesn't help their handlers don't instill any fear in them, so kids will dart toward a pool and proceed to drown, or they'll happily try to pet a dog baring its teeth and growling and throw a fit when they get chewed up.

I think it's just that kids are fucking stupid, and the ones who are REALLY stupid still don't figure shit out after learning the hard way. The ones who stick their hands on a hot stovetop repeatedly and wonder why it hurts each time.
some kids have to work really hard to off themselves

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
This is very puzzling. Humans do seem to have the dumbest babies. But even teenagers, they are not very smart. Give a male teen a very fast car or a motorcycle, we all know the result... Even some fully grown adults are total idiots...
Human beings come with some of the most complicated brains of the animal kingdom, and said brains aren't even halfway developed when we are born hence the lack of instincts. The entire human isn't ready to be born until the creature is a year and a half old because humans can't fit their ginormous heads out of a woman's pelvis.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
I do remember reading about that. We had to evolve to deal with human babies' heads being too big to be born, so evolution decided to make gestation much shorter, which is why babies are so helpless and useless - they're still larvae. Other baby animals are up walking around within hours of birth, meanwhile it takes human loaves months and months to do that.

Apparently we became too smart to be born properly, not that you'd be able to tell looking at how some people behave.

Humans are such alpha creatures that they are attracted to danger, either by accident or on purpose (people who skydive and do risky shit). And sometimes they don't know when to quit, which is when they die due to stupid bullshit like being hit by trains or falling to their death because they wanted to pee into the air while dangling off the 75th story of a building.
Cambion
Apparently we became too smart to be born properly, not that you'd be able to tell looking at how some people behave.

Humans are such alpha creatures that they are attracted to danger, either by accident or on purpose (people who skydive and do risky shit). And sometimes they don't know when to quit, which is when they die due to stupid bullshit like being hit by trains or falling to their death because they wanted to pee into the air while dangling off the 75th story of a building.

There are a LOT of brain defects too subtle to be noticed by our equipment, and your retarded behavior could be caused by that. When you've an organ as complicated as the human brain, you are gonna have a lot of defects both subtle as a breeze as well as out-and-out as a hurricane (severe autism). There are a lot of defects causing elements in our environment that are causing multitudes of brain defects. What is more, the subtle brain defects don't prevent reproduction.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login