Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New parents kill loaf in the hospital

Posted by Cambion 
Re: New parents kill loaf in the hospital
August 29, 2019
kittehpeoples
Cambion
According to another article, staff tried for ten hours to revive the kid (is it normal to do that for that long?), but without success.

Wow, that seems...excessive. Say they'd succeeded-- after being deprived of oxygen for nine hours, what kind of brain function would be left? Not a quality life IMO, but if that's accurate, I'm sure it was only performative: "It's an infant, we have to prove we did everything we can." Because life is less valuable as it ages, #truefacts.

Chances are the patient had Return of Spontaneous Circulation (got a pulse back) several times but then lost it again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_of_spontaneous_circulation So with episodes of ROSC it wouldn't be that unusual. Working someone without ROSC and in asystole (flat line) or Pulseless Electrical Activity (rhythm without a pulse) for a prolonged time - 30 minutes to an hour would be very unusual.

Thanks for the explanation, thom!
Re: New parents kill loaf in the hospital
August 31, 2019
yurble
I'm not horrified by infanticide. I think it should be done with minimal pain, and abortion is always preferable, but I don't have any moral objection. I feel that the gulf between infancy and self-awareness is far greater than the gap between infant and fetus, and more relevant when it comes to evaluating personhood.

I agree. Back in the early to mid-century women who couldn't afford a baby would drown them in rivers. Apparently it was very common to do so. And it likely prevented the death by starvation of older children and adults.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login