Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kids shouldn’t be allowed in public #1384848 Busch Gardens edition

I almost called this “kids ruin everything,” but thankfully the day wasn’t totally ruined, I still got some good pictures, and I got some exercise which is rare now that I have a desk job. I still say though that kids should not be allowed in public. I went to Busch gardens today for a cheetah insider tour. I got there early so I decided to do a circuit halfway around the park to look at the animals while I wait. I stopped at the cheetahs first. Getting photos of them were nigh impossible because of all the bastard running around. Of the 99 photos I took of the beautiful cats, I was able to keep 28. The others had to be tossed because someone’s fuck trophy was in the way, or their ugly mug or tacky clothing was visible in the reflection of the glass. Several of the fuckers even brushed against me in their clamor to get to the glass. Children have no fucking idea how rude they are. Every time one touched me I scoffed or tutted and jerked away, but their breeders were oblivious to my cues. I went around to the other side in case one showed up there. To my delight, one came over and I got a few good pictures. Then, to my horror, a moo and gaggle of brats came over to look at it. The dumb whore proudly proclaimed to “look at the tiger!” And I had to get out of there. In the four times this year I’ve been to Busch gardens {the pass was expensive, I’m going to get my money’s worth}, this was the first time the cheetahs have been about. Usually they are laying in the shade or hiding in their dens. And of course, I got 71 photos of ugly kids in orange shirts barring the view of the cheetahs.

I walked around some more and came to some tiny tortoises. I stooped down to take a photo of one and of course, some she beast runs right up next to me, close enough to elbow in the face.

The fucking cherry on top was waiting for the cheetah insider tour. I got there 30 minutes early so as not to miss it, and for 30 minutes I had to fucking listen to a moo and duh play the fucking baby shark song on their phone to their child. I gave them the dirtiest looks I could, but again, they were oblivious and didn’t stop. A couple of other adults gave them the side eye, but they were just SO ABSORBED in their condemn failure. That song is so irritating I want to find whoever made it and shove a siguaro down their trachea. I don’t even know what those rude fucks were doing in the tour waiting area or in Busch gardens at all. Three people went around collecting names for tours to sign people in, and these people didn’t sign in with anyone. Also, if you’re just going to coo at your mini me, and play it nauseating music, why the FUCK are you in public, much less at a theme park?? Save yourself the $200+ dollars and do that shit at home. The sad thing about that was I waited for nothing, the tour got cancelled because of rain.

The only, and I mean the only, kid I saw that wasn’t a terror was an older kid waiting for a tour. This kid’s brother, presumably, was eating some snack and moo told him to throw his trash in the trash. The girl, maybe nine or ten or so, corrected her moo and told the kid to toss it in the recycling bin.

Why, just WHY are there not child free places? And before any lurking breeder says “but it’s Busch gardens! You should have expected kids it’s a theme park, it’s meant for kids!” First off, people wouldn’t have a problem with kids if your kids weren’t so shitty. Teach them to behave and maybe then we won’t complain. It’s rude and disruptive to subject the rest of us to your beasts. Further, Busch gardens isn’t just a theme park, it’s a zoo. Happens to be the best zoo in Florida as far as I know {I’ve heard Lowry park isn’t so nice and dade city wild things is a temple to animal rights violations.} I’m not the problem. I just want to look at animals. Your beasts are the ones that want to scream, touch the glass, and push in front of strangers. I can’t wait for school to start again. When is that exactly?

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
forget the dirty looks and tut-tutting. They are WAY too purposely dense to notice! My Mom used to waste her time and effort and outrage doing that and I 'll bet that's one thing that caused her fairly early heart failure. Maybe. I always say study Miss Manners--she has really pungent but blameless remarks you can practice for when you are faced by incivility (all the time). I really think we have to get up the courage to be vocal when these things happen. Just look up mildly from your camera and say firmly "excuse me, I was taking a picture, please MOVE" or etc If I catch kids running around in a store I almost YELL "HEY, WATCH IT!" as if I am terrified. It makes it easier to be over 60 because you can assume the Old Lady with brittle bones idea.You will, of course get dirty looks and muttering from breeders, but maybe having the fact of their complete rudeness SHOVED in their faces will make a better point. I had a huge cart of breeders with all their hangers-on blocking the whole aisle and I said "EXCUSE me". You should have been there for the nasty comments and evil eyes I got, but I just smiled and stared back at them.Remember things like "well, I can READ', "I don't have to spend my time talking to these snot buckets" and just smile--it kills them
Unfortunately, I don't know if there are any social tactics anyone could use against rude breeders that would work because breeders and their brats have no shame and fully believe the world is their backyard and they can do anything they want. Even if you're polite, they'll take anything other than praise as an affront and light into you verbally or maybe physically, depending on how unhinged they are. Breeders are getting more violent, and along with a lack of shame comes worse anger management and they might decide to start swinging or shooting if you dare tell their precious dumplings to move or quit acting like assholes.

I don't know what breeder in their right mind would take a child under the age of maybe 12 to a park like that. Anything younger will be prone to tantrums, cranky whining from being tired and not wanting to walk, constant whining about being hungry or needing to pee (or pissing themselves because they tell you they have to go two seconds before their bladders pop), not getting their own way, the heat, or any of about a hundred other things that set little kids off. Taking a young child to a park of any sort is a fucking nightmare and you can't tell me it's worth the one vaguely cute photo they get of their horrid brats to pay to go through an entire day of trouble.

Sorry your visit sucked so bad due to brats and their handlers, but you at least got a couple decent photos of the kitties!
@Reeniebessagain

Ugh. Why do breeders think they can be rude and obnoxious and then pull faces at people for correcting them? Very true. After a long day at work I get to go home to a clean, quiet house, cuddle with my Rogue {my 1 year old “puppy”} and read a good book. So glad that will never be my life.

@Cambion

Thank you!! That’s what I’m saying! Enjoying something like Busch gardens requires an adult mind, and by that I mean an understanding of the value of the dollar and an acceptance that, yes, Florida is hot and humid, and it might rain, and it’s a lot of walking, but for $200+ dollars and two hours of driving we’ll make the best of it and stay as long as possible without bitching. Even my niece, who I love dearly, at 18 sometimes gets on my nerves when I take her, commenting “it’s hot,” about 10 times an hour. At one point I even snapped at her “I’m hot too, what do you want me to do about it?” When I had enough of the complaining. I honestly can’t imagine how bad it would be with a young child.

Stolen from Shiny.
contemplativeintrovert
Even my niece, who I love dearly, at 18 sometimes gets on my nerves when I take her, commenting “it’s hot,” about 10 times an hour. At one point I even snapped at her “I’m hot too, what do you want me to do about it?” When I had enough of the complaining. I honestly can’t imagine how bad it would be with a young child.

I'm with you on that. Your niece was using her big girl words...how much worse would it be with an age where all they do is shriek?
Cambion
Unfortunately, I don't know if there are any social tactics anyone could use against rude breeders that would work because breeders and their brats have no shame and fully believe the world is their backyard and they can do anything they want. Even if you're polite, they'll take anything other than praise as an affront and light into you verbally or maybe physically, depending on how unhinged they are. Breeders are getting more violent, and along with a lack of shame comes worse anger management and they might decide to start swinging or shooting if you dare tell their precious dumplings to move or quit acting like assholes.

I don't know what breeder in their right mind would take a child under the age of maybe 12 to a park like that. Anything younger will be prone to tantrums, cranky whining from being tired and not wanting to walk, constant whining about being hungry or needing to pee (or pissing themselves because they tell you they have to go two seconds before their bladders pop), not getting their own way, the heat, or any of about a hundred other things that set little kids off. Taking a young child to a park of any sort is a fucking nightmare and you can't tell me it's worth the one vaguely cute photo they get of their horrid brats to pay to go through an entire day of trouble.

Sorry your visit sucked so bad due to brats and their handlers, but you at least got a couple decent photos of the kitties!

It is so bad for me that I no longer leave my home. I go out only to see the doctor, and maybe grab lunch here or there if the restaurant appears deserted. I have to be extremely careful, as semen demons trigger migraines that have had me tossed into the back of ambulances. Breeders don't care if you are in pain, instead they encourage their fuck trophies to amp up.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Re: Kids shouldn’t be allowed in public #1384848 Busch Gardens edition
July 28, 2019
I went out to lunch with friends recently. We were seated in the terrace and when we got there, there was nobody sitting near us, which was nice because the tables are kind of small and very close together. However, as soon as we'd placed our order they seated some breeders next to us. The kids (maybe 2 and 5?) were making all sorts of noise, which the breeders did nothing to quell. Soon, of course, the brats were bored and started running around the terrace. This of course resulted in the toddler injuring itself wailing disproportionately, more than once.

Once the people got their food, the kids kept running from their play back to the table to be fed, trampling on my bag in the process. Rather than actually sit the kids down and make them eat, the breeders held out forkfuls of food which the kids would eat before running off to be a nuisance again. Rinse and repeat, the whole damn meal. I was reminded of noisy nestlings being fed vomit by their elders, except in this case the nestlings were the ones flapping around wildly while the adults stayed put. Kids usually have appalling table manners, but in this case the breeders had worse ones. There is no reason whatsoever to put food directly in the mouth of a child past infancy.

I don't go out very often, and this incident reminded me of why. I was counting down the minutes until the food arrived and we could leave.
My guess is these breeders just entirely gave up on trying to make their kids sit down, shut up and act like human beings because it required too much effort (translation: it required effort at all), so they figure they'll take the kids out to eat, let them do laps around the restaurant to keep them mostly out of their hair and just see if they can get them to stop between laps to take a bite of food. This sounds like the kind of gymnastics you'd go through to feed a picky awtard. I think most of them have resigned themselves to the belief that their kids are totally uncontrollable, so instead of trying to fix it, they just take it in stride and expect everyone else to do the same and be completely okay with having their meals ruined by screeching. The Moos can tune this shit out, so they don't mind if their kids lay waste to a restaurant.

And if the staff dares speak up about it, Moo will be screaming discrimination and ageism and threatening to bitch to the news and on social media and places like Yelp and that she will single-handedly ruin the restaurant for not being more tolerant of her brats.

And I'm sure the brats ate all of three bites of their food and didn't touch the rest, which I'm sure Moo and company insisted on being comped, and the brats more likely left a huge mess and there was no tip.

Sometimes I wonder if they let their kids be retards in restaurants in the hopes of them getting injured on the premises so they can sue. I think a majority of breeders wouldn't be above subjecting their dumplings to second-degree burns from shoulder checking a waiter carrying hot soup if it meant a big settlement.
@Yurble

Fantastic. And you know if one of those uncoordinated beasts had fallen, the noise and screaming would have been even worse. And instead of letting bratleigh know that, “that’s what you get for running in public,” the breeder would have put on a show for you guys by cooing over it. “Look what a nice mawm I am! Comforting my chyyyyld!” Ugh.
Restaurants, movie theaters, theme parks, and airplanes should ban children under 8 or so, at least.

As to ageism, breeders really need to learn that not all “discrimination,” is bad. Discrimination based on race, sex, religion, and sexual orientation IS bad. But “discriminating,” against people that don’t belong in a situation isn’t. Saying to someone they can’t go to a theme park because they’re black/white/Asian is wrong, but saying to a 5 year old they can’t go because they’ll ruin the time of paying customers isn’t. It’s really not hard to grasp. My favorite counterpoint to the “ageism discrimination,” is the job of being a firefighter. A six year old can’t be firefighter, their stature and lack of physical strength make it impossible. That’s not being ageist, that’s setting standards.

Stolen from Shiny.
July 29, 2019
contemplativeintrovert
Fantastic. And you know if one of those uncoordinated beasts had fallen, the noise and screaming would have been even worse. And instead of letting bratleigh know that, “that’s what you get for running in public,” the breeder would have put on a show for you guys by cooing over it. “Look what a nice mawm I am! Comforting my chyyyyld!” Ugh.
Restaurants, movie theaters, theme parks, and airplanes should ban children under 8 or so, at least.

Yup, that is exactly what happened: the falling, the wailing, and the exaggerated comforting.
Maybe find out when the kitties are being fed? This would almost guarantee kitty exposure! Even shy cheetahs will emerge for feeding time. Also, ask them if they have an adults only hour or day? Sometimes they know the best times to visit when there is the least amount of kids. It might be certain months or days.

I would say VIP pass but they cost more and unless there is an adult only one, why bother?

There is a feline sanctuary close to where I live and they only allow a small amount of visitors one day a week and for one hour. It requires payment in advance and all visitors have to be twelve or older. I made a reservation but had to cancel (unexpected hoards of traffic) but plan to try again soon. Friends have raved about how wonderful it is.

What about this one?
https://bigcatrescue.org/tickets/

It is in FL and there are designated kid days but otherwise it is ages 10 and up only. Also, private tours are available (which may still be cheaper/comparable with Busch Gardens). It also looks like both Busch Gardens and the Rescue are in/near Tampa.
@Freya

I’ll have to check it out, thank you!

My inside tour was rescheduled for the day before yesterday I think it was. The cheetahs were really cute! I’ll try to post a photo if I can

pinterest.com/pin/799670477567239621

It was definitely worth the extra $30, I’d highly recommend it. The cheetahs were adorable, you get to watch them drink from a bottle, do some of their commands, and learn about their training regimen.

Image button didn’t work so I just put one photo on Pinterest and put the link above

Stolen from Shiny.
We've been living in Florida for 11 years now, this is precisely why we do NOT go to Busch Gardens, fucking Disney (which is way too expensive for us anyways), or other chyldcentric BS.

A couple of months ago we did go to Ringling Museum because it's only a few miles away from us, and had no crotchfruit problems.

Before we leave this state for good, we plan on visiting a few art museums in St Pete, but that's it.

I hate Florida.

It's hot here in Hell.
August 08, 2019
contemplativeintrovert
pinterest.com/pin/799670477567239621

It was definitely worth the extra $30, I’d highly recommend it. The cheetahs were adorable, you get to watch them drink from a bottle, do some of their commands, and learn about their training regimen.

Image button didn’t work so I just put one photo on Pinterest and put the link above

You're welcome. The cheetah looks very intrigued by something in the photo.
yurble
I went out to lunch with friends recently. We were seated in the terrace and when we got there, there was nobody sitting near us, which was nice because the tables are kind of small and very close together. However, as soon as we'd placed our order they seated some breeders next to us. The kids (maybe 2 and 5?) were making all sorts of noise, which the breeders did nothing to quell. Soon, of course, the brats were bored and started running around the terrace. This of course resulted in the toddler injuring itself wailing disproportionately, more than once.

Once the people got their food, the kids kept running from their play back to the table to be fed, trampling on my bag in the process. Rather than actually sit the kids down and make them eat, the breeders held out forkfuls of food which the kids would eat before running off to be a nuisance again. Rinse and repeat, the whole damn meal. I was reminded of noisy nestlings being fed vomit by their elders, except in this case the nestlings were the ones flapping around wildly while the adults stayed put. Kids usually have appalling table manners, but in this case the breeders had worse ones. There is no reason whatsoever to put food directly in the mouth of a child past infancy.

I don't go out very often, and this incident reminded me of why. I was counting down the minutes until the food arrived and we could leave.

We used to ask...if kids keep being raised so shittly...what will THEIR kids be like....well, now we know....everything we predicted in the late 90s is coming true....kids everywhere,...NO attempts at control or parenting of any sort.....eating off a fork from time to time....everyone else just must put up and shut up. bemused eye roll

you should email/yelp/contact the restaurant...the parunts were treating the patio like having their own personal backyard picnic and a way to amuse their kids...at the detriment of any other customers. Maybe they will give you a gift certificate at least. This shit never happens when your alone or just with significant other....always w/ a group and if you say anything, then youre the mean CF lady. Becuz I then woulda asked to be seated elsewhere if it were just me and spouse.
I'm sorry, but I have long since given up on worrying about being the mean old lady! In these situations, generally the employees have NO POWER over these things because the owners are too afraid of "losing income" to allow anyone to inflict order and manners. Therefore, if the paruunts have power to allow this mess, WE have the power to complain or even "inflict order" in other non-physical ways. Growling at the brats sometimes works well for me. Especially if they are out to their breeder's sight. If you have any weird mannerisms or hair to pull over your face to look more crazy and scary, it also works well. I'm just so tired of being harassed in public! I even yelled "shut up" at a crazy pseudo-religious guy haranguing everyone in the laundromat last week. AND he shut up! Of course, it helps that I live in a small fairly quiet and safe town. But sometimes creative aggression works.Be prepared for a lot of nasty muttering from their keepers or them, but, shit--this is all too much!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login