Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Adults run, leave child to be charged by buffalo

Posted by kittehpeoples 
Adults run, leave child to be charged by buffalo
July 23, 2019
If they were her parents, they should be charged (no pun intended, I swear) with endangerment or neglect or something. People are advised in Yellowstone to stay 25 yards away from wildlife; a group of 50 people on the trail pass within 5-10 feet of a bull bison, invading his space for about 20 minutes. Two adults and a nine year old leave the trail. The bison decides he's fucking had enough. He charges them, the adults run, he nails the kid. She apparently was relatively unharmed (released from the hospital the same day, sounds like), and an investigation is ongoing.

Stay away from wildlife and stay on the trail
Re: Adults run, leave child to be charged by buffalo
July 24, 2019
Buffalo PNA. It is getting more interesting all the time.
July 24, 2019
cfdavep

At least-- so far-- there isn't talk of killing the buffalo for being a buffalo.
July 24, 2019
I'm surprised nobody's calling to have the entire bison herd killed because it "attacked" a brat and therefore it means they're vicious, murderous beasts. Even when breeders are fully in the wrong and do exactly like they shouldn't, they still act like the victims, never mind they were encroaching on the territory of a very strong wild animal. Like I don't think people who shoot nature documentaries for a living get as close as they did.

It would do breeders well to understand that not all animals are gentle domesticated critters that exist solely for their kids' amusement.

Given how high the kid was flung, it should be grateful for what seem to be implied minor injuries.
July 24, 2019
cfdavep

Home, Home on the range. Where the deer and the buffalo slay ... cowgirl playing a violin

thom_c
cfdavep

Home, Home on the range. Where the deer and the buffalo slay ... cowgirl playing a violin

Where seldom is heard a breederific word,
And the sproglings get slayed while they play.

drinking coffee
July 26, 2019
'home home is deranged...'

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
August 07, 2019
I've talked to a ranger in Yellowstone who told me that people have tried to put their kids on the back of bison, so they can take pictures. So this doesn't surprise me at all. I live close to Banff National Park in Canada, and it's overrun with idiot tourists getting right up in the grills of bear, elk and deer with babies. How more people don't get trampled is beyond me.
August 07, 2019
I'm sad for the bison and the kid. The bison was pretty well behaved and patient, considering it is a wild animal. The kid deserves smarter parents/guardians. I really hope the bison are left alone and am surprised the kid didn't die.
August 23, 2019
Anyone with half a brain knows that the animals in Yellowstone and other national parks are wild. Bison are known to have a short fuse, so if they are bothered or their space is invaded they will attack. In short, it's a bison just being a bison. The sad thing is that visitors to Yellowstone receive a bunch of leaflets upon entering the park, warning them about things like wild animals and hot springs and generally those visitors don't bother to read them. This is why there are incidents such as this, or idiots who wander off trails and end up in a hot spring. There are many ways for the unwary to die at Yellowstone and other national parks. This right up there with idiots who sit or stand on ledges beyond the guardrails at Grand Canyon. I swear, some people do not seem to have an instinct for self preservation! I saw that a couple of years ago when I visited Grand Canyon for the second time.

I remember watching an old documentary on Yellowstone and there was a sprog of perhaps three standing on a walkway, looking around. Now she wasn't doing anything wrong, but where the hell were her handlers? What if she took it into her head to wander off the walkway near a hot spring? I mean, no one with half a brain expects a three-year-old to have the sense or self control to stay on the walkway. Had that been my child, she would have been in a harness and I'd be holding the leash tightly. I may not like children, but being mauled by an animal or boiled alive in a hot spring is a horrible way to go, one I wouldn't wish on anyone.

I visited Yellowstone and the Grand Canyon with my parents and you'd best believe they kept me on a short leash. Not literally, but they made it quite clear: stay with Mum or Dad or get a spanking. There really should start to be charges leveled at parents who put their children in harm's way, or who neglect to keep them out of same. It's simple gross negligence.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login