Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Birth control pill recall

Posted by Techie 
Birth control pill recall
July 27, 2019
Re: Birth control pill recall
July 27, 2019
This why I think more people should look into and being spayed and neutered. It's that or a woman would have to get thee to a nunnery and put up with Mother Superior.
July 27, 2019
mr. neptune
This why I think more people should look into and being spayed and neutered. It's that or a woman would have to get thee to a nunnery and put up with Mother Superior.

I agree. I also think that sterilization procedures should be available to anyone upon request, paid for by tax dollars. Same should also apply to abortions because no birth control is 100% effective.
July 27, 2019
mr. neptune

It's tough with all the medical paternalism. There is no legal right to reproductive freedom in most (all?) countries where sterilization is concerned, especially for women. The cost can be another issue, but even getting access is an uphill battle.
July 27, 2019
yurble
mr. neptune

It's tough with all the medical paternalism. There is no legal right to reproductive freedom in most (all?) countries where sterilization is concerned, especially for women. The cost can be another issue, but even getting access is an uphill battle.

I would like to add that at least in USA, it is very difficult for the poor to stay CF. There are red states that make abortion inaccessible or very restrictive. Birth control pills are covered by insurance, but they are not 100% effective. So the only way “out” for a person living there is to have an emergency fund of several thousand dollars just for the purpose of finding medical care in another state, should the need arise. Another alternative is to have a credit card with a decent credit limit, but carrying a balance on a credit card does not help those who don’t earn much to begin with.
July 27, 2019
I would love nothing more than to get fixed, but when I asked my doctor about it, she honestly laughed at me and said no doctor would ever sterilize me because I have no kids and I'll just change my mind anyway. I'm too scared of the side effects of an IUD too, not to mention the pain and the risk of it being expelled. My insurance also blows - it won't even cover things I need done, so I doubt it would cover sterilization or anything beyond the pill.

I did have to read this because I'm on the pill and I had to be sure it wasn't my brand, which it thankfully wasn't.
July 27, 2019
Cambion
I would love nothing more than to get fixed, but when I asked my doctor about it, she honestly laughed at me and said no doctor would ever sterilize me because I have no kids and I'll just change my mind anyway. I'm too scared of the side effects of an IUD too, not to mention the pain and the risk of it being expelled. My insurance also blows - it won't even cover things I need done, so I doubt it would cover sterilization or anything beyond the pill.

I did have to read this because I'm on the pill and I had to be sure it wasn't my brand, which it thankfully wasn't.

You may want to contact your insurance. In most cases, even crappy insurance covers female sterilization 100%. Not the same for vasectomy, but tubal ligation is usually covered.
July 27, 2019
If I lived in a red state, I'd completely give up sex with men rather than get pregnant. With all the abortion and birth control restrictions, sex with men just isn't worth it. Get a vibrator(s) and do the damn job yourself because you cannot get knocked up if you fuck yourself.
July 28, 2019
Peace
If I lived in a red state, I'd completely give up sex with men rather than get pregnant. With all the abortion and birth control restrictions, sex with men just isn't worth it. Get a vibrator(s) and do the damn job yourself because you cannot get knocked up if you fuck yourself.

That helps for consensual situations, but sexual assault is pretty widespread. When I was seeking sterilization, the doctor was trying to suggest that my then-partner get a vasectomy instead. I shot that idea down pretty quickly on the grounds that it would be of no benefit to me if we broke up, plus it wouldn't protect me from a rape pregnancy.

And my country is pretty good about reproductive freedom, compared to many. Some of those red states want to outlaw exceptions for rape. I have to wonder if they are trying create a revolt. Because honestly, what kind of life is left for a woman who has been raped, can't afford to leave the state for an abortion, and knows she's going to be seeing her rapist on a regular basis because he'll claim parental rights? People who have nothing left to lose are dangerous enemies.
July 28, 2019
Seems one has to be persistent in sterilization.

There are some good TED Talks out there on child-free subjects including sterilization

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
July 28, 2019
There is tons of research out there on what potentially causes sterility for the baby worshipers, perhaps using that same research to avoid pregnancy?

I was looking for bullet proof coffee side affects when I stumbled across a link about caffeine causing women to be sterile. More the reason to drink coffee!

https://www.floliving.com/does-coffee-cause-infertility/

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/womens-health/study-links-caffeine-pregnancy-loss-n544856

NBC Article quote
But drinking three or more caffeinated beverages a day raised the risk of early pregnancy loss by 74 percent.

I've always consumed caffeine in one form or another and this makes me wonder if it has helped me remain parasite free.
July 28, 2019
Cambion, are you going to an "old gyne" who has baby pictures on all the walls, a waiting room full of pregnant women and leaves you stranded when they have to deliver a baby? That happened to ALL 3 of my sisters.

The alternative if you are Catholic is to join a convent but I have had women tell me that a convent is like a prison for women, which can be more stressful than a prison for men!
July 28, 2019
freya
I've always consumed caffeine in one form or another and this makes me wonder if it has helped me remain parasite free.

I've heard that the pill is pretty much ineffective for obese women, yet I've been relying on it for a few years without issue and I'm also a big coffee drinker. Hmmmm, maybe my daily energy potion has been keeping my uterus empty.

mr. neptune
Cambion, are you going to an "old gyne" who has baby pictures on all the walls, a waiting room full of pregnant women and leaves you stranded when they have to deliver a baby? That happened to ALL 3 of my sisters.

The alternative if you are Catholic is to join a convent but I have had women tell me that a convent is like a prison for women, which can be more stressful than a prison for men!

Nope, the lady I go see is pretty cool and the walls are covered in stuff about STD prevention and reproductive system diagrams and stuff. But she's also OB/GYN, so she's probably obligated to discourage sterilization because it's throwing away potential business for her. It'd be like a hairstylist encouraging someone to shave their head. She did suggest an IUD, but I told her I was too scared of the pain because I'm a big fat wuss and she made a joke about how I definitely shouldn't have kids if I'm afraid of pain. Well, that is one of the 50,000 reasons I don't want them! But still, no tube-tying for me because I'm a woman and therefore will eventually want babies. eye rolling smiley

Techie
You may want to contact your insurance. In most cases, even crappy insurance covers female sterilization 100%. Not the same for vasectomy, but tubal ligation is usually covered.

I don't believe anything my insurance tells me, honestly. It sucks, and things they say they'll cover, they often don't. Like they say they'll cover one pair of prescription lenses per year, but they don't - I've paid out of pocket for the last two pairs that they were supposed to cover. Apparently being nearsighted isn't a good enough reason to cover prescription glasses! Or another time, my doctor had to outright lie and say he was concerned about brain disease just to get my insurance to cover a head CT for persistent headaches. According to my insurance provider's site, they do cover sterilization, but my guess is they actually don't because it's not medically necessary.

Even if they actually did, finding someone to perform the procedure and that accepts my insurance would be like finding a needle in a haystack. I know there's a list of CF friendly doctors and I think the closest one to me was like 3 hours away.

Sometimes I think the only way some women can get sterilized without breeding is to shoot themselves in the uterus and hope it does enough damage to warrant an emergency hysterectomy.
July 29, 2019
I drink a lot of coffee too, so YAY for it being helpful in not getting knocked up! I just hope that it isn't deemed 'bad' for women of breeding years to drink it because of possible sterility. I wouldn't put it past certain governments to ban coffee for women who are of the right age to breed.

I'm past that stage, so I guess I don't have to worry for myself.
July 29, 2019
Peace

In a red state that won't be a surefire solution as a man can rape you, get you preggers, than demand rights to the brat, and the state will give him access, demanding you co-parent with your rapist.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
July 29, 2019
mr. neptune

There are a lot of rapes that happen in convents as well.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
July 29, 2019
craftyzits
mr. neptune

Sorry, did not think of that, I guess the priests don't just go after little boys.
July 29, 2019
mr. neptune
craftyzits
mr. neptune

Sorry, did not think of that, I guess the priests don't just go after little boys.

No

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
August 05, 2019
Scary shit. What a lot of people--including many doctors--don't realize is that many medications can cause hormonal birth control to be ineffective. I take 2 meds that have this effect. (Topamax & Fioricet). You're at an even higher risk of pregnancy on these meds if you take a low-dose estrogen pill like LoEstrin or Lo LoEstrin to begin with.

Luckily I only use The Pill for endometriosis/migraine control & don't sleep with men, but if the worst happened & I got knocked up in this conservative Bible Belt hellhole I'd definitely seek out Plan B pills immediately. Next step would be Plan C: abort, abort, abort. I think the procedure is still available in a few big cities in my state but it would be a long drive. sad smiley

Hurry the hell up, menopause.
August 05, 2019
I would NOT be surprised if the GOP outlaws Child Freedom due to the fact that the 'bitches need to be tied down to do their duty to the government'.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login