Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Birthstrike due to climate change

Posted by yurble 
Birthstrike due to climate change
July 27, 2019
I really don't get people who decide to have children now. We're having more extreme weather events (Europe is on the second heatwave of the summer, with temperatures in some places in excess of 40 degrees C) and every day there is yet another story about how we are truly and utterly fucked.

Anyhow, there are now some women who say they refuse to have children until climate change has been fixed. These are women who want kids (so I wouldn't call them really CF so much as childless by circumstance) but appear to have a functioning brain, unlike most of humanity. And yet even some people in environmental circles are still in denial:

She says that even climate activists are in denial about the gravity of the situation, with her own BirthStrike eliciting responses such as “maybe it won’t be so extreme and apocalyptic” and “life is about having children”. She believes it is already too late to claw back the damage done. “That’s why I am not having one – because I feel so desperately that it would be bringing a life into a future that does seem ever more desolate. Every time a friend tells me they’re pregnant, or planning on having children, I have to bite my tongue.”
Re: Birthstrike due to climate change
July 28, 2019
Good for them but it's probably too late

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
July 28, 2019
It is definitely too late.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
July 28, 2019
Yeah, we fucked. We been fucked for a while now because scientists tell us constantly that shit is going downhill and nobody will care until we're baking alive and then people will complain that they weren't warned. I don't have to give a shit because by the time things are slated to really go south (the year 2100), I'll be dead. Today's breeders don't have to care because they'll be dead by then too, so who cares if their kids suffer?

Article
As soon as Blythe Pepino got together with her partner Joshua two years ago, she felt “this overwhelming urge to create a family with him”, she says.

So can someone explain to me why "creating a family" always has to be synonymous with "produce biological offspring?" You can create a family with foster kids. I mean it's not going to save the planet, but giving a home to a child that's already here is like the reproductive version of recycling and you'd think these environmentally-conscious people would be snatching up foster kids because of it. Not to mention you get fucking paid to take these kids!

It is good to see people with functioning brains who not only don't want to contribute to overpopulation, but who also consider what kind of a world their kids will have to grow up in. But don't worry, the serial breeders will make up for the kids these people aren't having.

Article
BirthStrike, she says, “is about saying: ‘It is OK to make this choice, but it’s not OK to have to make this choice.’ We should never be in a situation where we are genuinely scared to bring life into the world.”

At least they have the sense to feel the need to make this choice instead of the usual reason people have kids they don't need and can't afford, which generally boils down to "ME WANT BABBY!"
July 29, 2019
Cambion
So can someone explain to me why "creating a family" always has to be synonymous with "produce biological offspring?" You can create a family with foster kids. I mean it's not going to save the planet, but giving a home to a child that's already here is like the reproductive version of recycling and you'd think these environmentally-conscious people would be snatching up foster kids because of it. Not to mention you get fucking paid to take these kids!

At least they have the sense to feel the need to make this choice instead of the usual reason people have kids they don't need and can't afford, which generally boils down to "ME WANT BABBY!"

Call me an optimist, but I really hoped it would. My hope would be if we got to 0 population growth for 5-10 years we could fix it.

And fuck those people that always equate “making a family,” with having bio kids. Dear breeders, you’re not special. The world isn’t going to miss anything if you don’t pass on your genes, and your a selfish bastard if you’re ok with letting kids rot unloved in orphanages because you have to have “one of your own.”

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login