Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Soon to be single moo screws up her own con game

Posted by cfdavep 
Soon to be single moo screws up her own con game
August 07, 2019
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/man-wants-cancel-adoption-stepdaughter-161352946.html

Guy asks if "he is the a-hole" as he is cancelling the legal adoption of his step-daughter who is five. Moo is filing for divorce thinking the process could not be stopped as she was looking to have an ex forced to pay out, while she moves on, but he is cancelling and moo is stuck with totally supporting her wallet catcher. And the single moos wonder why CF/CL guys do not want them
Re: Soon to be single moo screws up her own con game
August 07, 2019
He sounds like he has some wonderful qualities and potentially adopting the moo's brat is one of them.
And he is concerned he is the asshole, too. Sounds to me like the "victim" moo has found a new male abuser to make her feel like a victim but wants to keep the wallet intact.

He sounds naive and moo saw him coming and played on his emotions/manipulated him with her brat. She has her "victimhood" story down. And she is trying to manipulate him with more "poor me" stories while divorcing him. It makes me wonder if she gaslighted him too, as it seems like he is doubting his own judgement. Perhaps she has passively aggressively suggested he is an asshole for not obeying her every command. He may also have grown up the product of a single parent, which may cause additional sympathy towards her and guilt for the brat.

I bet the moo is looking for a way, any way, to stick him with a payment. Probably found out alimony doesn't pay out in such a short marriage because they likely haven't been married even five years because her kid is only five and from her "abusive" ex.

If it isn't about money bemused eye roll then he could offer to visit with the brat regularly as a friend. Say a park or similar once a month for a couple of hours. It may assuage his guilt (which I would argue is unfounded) and it would likely expose the moo's true intentions that all the rest of us are well aware of. If it were really about him being in the brat's life this would suffice.
August 08, 2019
I wonder what the abusive ex-husband has to say about all this. Unless he surrendered all parental rights, I could see him fucking up an adoption just to mess with his wife and new husband and/or try to maintain control over her.

Also, I admit I don't know much about this kind of legal process, but if the kid legally becomes his, why would he have to pay child support if he's the legal father? How's that work? Wouldn't Moo have to pay him child support? And why would Moo be "in her abuser's control" if she's divorced from him? That makes no sense.

Sounds like Moo had a kid she didn't want and wants it out of her hair so she can life a "childfree" life (translation: have a wider dating pool because she has no kids) or she thinks she's sticking it to her abusive ex by allowing her most recent ex to adopt the kid, but she was too confident in her plan and revealed it too soon. I feel horrible for the kid - she's young, but still old enough to probably understand some of what's happening. I hope she wasn't aware that her stepfather was planning on adopting her only to opt out because the mother is an asshole. The guy sounds like a good man - not many people want to marry someone with biological baggage, and the fact that he wanted to adopt some other guy's kid means he must really love the kid a lot.
August 09, 2019
Cambion, the way I read this, the moo intended to keep custody of the daughter after divorcing this guy, while getting child support from him as the legal father.

The story was vague about whether the ex-husband had agreed or was willing to give up his parental rights. She seems to have been trying to get back at the ex as well as putting her current husband on the hook. She tipped her hand far too early.

Some commenters have raised the question about whether the authorities would even allow a stepfather to adopt if a divorce is pending. The gummint wants stable families for adoption, and the rules are pretty tight.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login