Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another "heartwarming" story of people indulging awtards

Posted by Cambion 
Another "heartwarming" story of people indulging awtards
August 07, 2019
https://www.boredpanda.com/autistic-boy-daniel-receives-dragon-tales-plate/

We've shared similar stories here in the past. Awtard will only wear one shirt or play with one doll, said item breaks or gets lost or worn out and there is a frantic call to the internet to find out if anyone has the same item to keep the tard placated.

In this case, it was a dish. The author's autistic brother "can't" eat his daily microwaveable grilled cheese (eww whut?) off any plate other than his beloved DragonTales plate and also won't eat unless he's wearing a particular yellow shirt. His sister accidentally broke his, and instead of just making him eat off a regular plate and nudging him slightly closer to being a normal human being, she turns to the internet to beg people to sell her their copies of this same plate so Tardo can still eat.

Apparently this Emmy award winner only speaks in lines he learns from children's shows and there's some kind of emotional tard attachment to DragonTales, which is why he can't have any plate besides this one.

Honestly, is it really easier to indulge awtards and their bizarre habits like this than it is to try and teach them that they can't get their own way 24/7/365? Is Tardley really going to starve to death because he can't eat off a fucking cartoon plate? I think even the most autistic awtard will eventually succumb to hunger and eat with or without their favorite dish. And who the fuck else is going to go to these lengths to make sure this idiot eats? Are these prepared to keep this up indefinitely when this new plate inevitably breaks? Seems like a lot more work than telling the fucker he can eat off a non-dragon plate or go hungry. Awtards need boundaries too.
Re: Another "heartwarming" story of people indulging awtards
August 08, 2019
Cambion
Are these prepared to keep this up indefinitely when this new plate inevitably breaks? Seems like a lot more work than telling the fucker he can eat off a non-dragon plate or go hungry. Awtards need boundaries too.

This is what I'd do. Serve him regular meals and if he protests say okay and walk away. Sooner or later he'd eat. And he is way too old to be this coddled regardless of the diagnosis.
August 08, 2019
When he's 60 and in a home, I guarantee they won't be feeding him off of a Dragon Tales plate.
August 08, 2019
I'm sure enforcing boundaries with awtards is much more work compared to doing the same with normal kids, but this sort of indulgence is a recipe for disaster because the tard develops a serious attachment to an object and then they can't deal with it when it gets lost or breaks. I'm sure it's "easier" for the handlers to just give in, but it's going to do more harm than good long-term. But in typical fashion, parents always want to take the easiest way out rather than the most effective one.

kittehpeoples
When he's 60 and in a home, I guarantee they won't be feeding him off of a Dragon Tales plate.

Ohhh definitely not. Those people don't get paid enough to offer more than the bare minimum as far as care, and if this family truly thinks people who spend their days wiping asses and chasing down mobile dementia patients are going to cater to their flaptard's whims to this extent, they and the tard will be in for a tremendous shock. Nobody outside this family will kiss this kid's ass to make him eat.
August 09, 2019
If Dragon Tales-hero has such a limited vocabulary from children's cartoons, his handlers should let him watch some Adult Swim. He could learn a lot!
August 11, 2019
I was thinking about those homes for people with dementia in the Netherlands, where people are put in a 'village' with period homes set to the era they remember, to minimize their distress.

In the future, I guess we're going to have entire villages for autards. They can get some 3-D printers and start producing replicas of forgotten relics from children's TV shows. I just imagine the poor caretakers, 40 years from now, having to scour the internet to find out not only what Dragon Tales was, but what kind of crap merchandise it produced, so they can make something close enough to keep a meltdown at bay.

Honestly, it would be a lot better than these pleas for obscure things which are going to become rarer (and maybe more collectable) over the years. And it is for sure easier than teaching people that they don't always get what they want! eye rolling smiley
August 11, 2019
given all this stuff about clymut change and stuff, if things really go south (massive droughts and whatnot causing a sharp decline in the availability of food and water) is society really gonna give a damn about any of these tards, turds, and other defecftos. Trying to find enuf to survive they ain't gonna give a damn about tardleys.

and this is safe here: God I'm glad I don't have any kids.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
August 11, 2019
twocents
given all this stuff about clymut change and stuff, if things really go south (massive droughts and whatnot causing a sharp decline in the availability of food and water) is society really gonna give a damn about any of these tards, turds, and other defecftos. Trying to find enuf to survive they ain't gonna give a damn about tardleys.

and this is safe here: God I'm glad I don't have any kids.

I am inclined to feel that in the future twocents speaks of, the best result for tardleys and other defectos would be to simply be put down, like defective dogs. Carfentinal is plentiful, cheap, and very lethal.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
August 12, 2019
The religious reich has been pushing hard on the idea of the quantity of life, but at some point people will start to care about quality again. Probably about the time we're out of resources. There really is no point in life with the awareness of a raisin.
August 12, 2019
I'm probably going to get roasted for saying this, but I work in the medical field. And I have worked with the
severe mentally challenged as well. But seriously, I have seen how screwed up this entire system has become, and how bad it gets abused in so many places.

I am a closet believer in legal suicide, and plan to leave on my own terms if I have to in my old age. I don't believe any politician, should have the right to tell anyone whats right for them in certain situations.

It amazes me, how much money, time and effort is literally wasted everyday. Just to keep those who have no quality of life alive against their wills or vegtables who contribute nothing to society draining medical resources. All because either families won't let go, or you've got the bleeding hearts with a hero complex who feel the need to save everyone.

I've watched mentally challenged people chase carers with knives, elderly beg nurses to help them die, seen grandchildren sneer at demented grandparents who scream and cry at nothing and etc. And that barely scratches the surface, it scares me in the years to come.

An sort-of unspoken yet open secret amongst a lot of medical people I know is, many of them plan on euthanasia, rather than become like those we care for. Honestly, I hope and pray it becomes legal long before if and or when I have to make that decision.

There is a website where I know of called dead at noon, where an older woman with advancing dementia chronicles her exit from this world. This woman was college educated, and a psychotherapist, so she was a smart lady. I thought she was very brave and her family was extremely open-minded to keep the website up to help others.

But this is only my 2 cents on the matter.
August 13, 2019
hey!!!

me 2 cents...

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
August 14, 2019
@demonkitten...

Medical field worker here too. Been working in nursing homes and home health care for years, and I couldnt agree more with what you've said. I've had residents ask me if they can just die, tell me that they want to. I've seen families keep residents with no quality of life whatsoever alive just because they refuse to accept that dying is part of life too. Bedbound people in near vegetable states; aggressive dementia patients who are attacking everyone and screaming including themselves; dementia patients so far gone that they just stare and babble and pick at their buttholes.

No quality of life. But we spend so much time and money keeping them alive. The families are in the biggest denial of all, whoof have I seen it! Families practically asking us to force feed bc the resident won't feed themselves anymore, begging us to keep them off medication (worst I've seen was a stroke patient in horrible pain and on hospice but the family would only allow us to give her tylenol. I take heavier stuff for period cramps!).

So yes. I am all for assisted suicide. I want someone to off me when I still have a say in it.
August 14, 2019
The hardest thing I ever had to do was sign a DNR for my mother because her husband couldn't face her death.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
August 16, 2019
I don't fucking get families with how they deal with elderly/dying relatives. It seems like they either want to keep them alive at all costs even if they have no quality of life at all, or their opposite: the ones who can't wait for Granny to shit the bed and they're already fighting over and divvying up her estate while she's still alive (I looooove it when said elderly person is also mentally sound and cuts her asshole kids out of the will when they do this).

I know losing a loved one at any age isn't easy, but why is there never any middle ground where people accept the inevitable and mourn because someone they care about dies? Why does everyone have to be an asshole?

I remember a story some months back about an elderly man who was 104 years old, I think? Really smart guy, former college professor I think, was totally mentally sound, but his health showed some decline and he chose to travel overseas for euthanasia before it got worse. Guy had a good exit, he ate his favorite meal and was surrounded by loved ones and then just kinda fell asleep. The man died on his own terms after living a full life for over a century, and so many people bitched about how heartless his family was for not trying to stop him and make him stay alive through potentially worsening health problems. Just, WTF?

I don't know why euthanasia isn't more widely available. Well, I mean I do know - it's because we attach so much value to being alive that we quit giving a fuck about quality of life. Because what's the alternative? The person goes home and eats a bullet and their family has to scrub their brains off the wall? I also don't think it should only be available to those who are elderly or terminally ill. Someone in perfect health who's just depressed or alone and wants to get the fuck out should be allowed to take advantage of medically-assisted suicide too.

I've heard that Hawaii is going to offer medically-assisted suicide, so at least people who want to call it quits don't have to go abroad for it.
August 17, 2019
How much you wanna bet his handler will call him "high functioning?" Pretty much every handler calls their awtard high functioning
August 17, 2019
ladybug2203
How much you wanna bet his handler will call him "high functioning?" Pretty much every handler calls their awtard high functioning

High pitched, maybe. High maintenance, definitely.

I'd say this sort of thing would be the perfect niche market for a 3D printing operation, making these impossible-to-find items available to these kids whose parents think they can't survive without them, but I'd be kidding myself...the breeders don't want to have to actually *pay* for these things. They want the internet to just give them everything.
August 18, 2019
kittehpeoples
I'd say this sort of thing would be the perfect niche market for a 3D printing operation, making these impossible-to-find items available to these kids whose parents think they can't survive without them, but I'd be kidding myself...the breeders don't want to have to actually *pay* for these things. They want the internet to just give them everything.

I don't know if it would work. Awtards notice ridiculously tiny details and flaws in things and will look over objects of their affection to ensure they are the real deal and as fucking dumb as they are, I'm sad to say they would almost certainly be able to tell the difference between the "correct" plate and an imitation. And from what I've seen, 3D printers often imprint a weird texture on the things they print and awtards all seem to have BIG problems with textures.

They want internet people to just hand stuff over out of the kindness of their hearts. I wouldn't - I'd charge $500 for the coveted out of production Dora the Explorer shirt and ask them how much they love their little flaptards. Precisely no one is going to cater to their defecto-brats the way they do and they are doing their herpaderps a tremendous disservice by not teaching them that they can't have their own way 24/7. Tards are gonna tard, but that doesn't mean they can't learn shit.
August 18, 2019
Cambion
Tards are gonna tard, but that doesn't mean they can't learn shit.

They absolutely can learn and figure things out. That's why we never hear stories of them trying to beat up anybody who can actually fight back. I mean, do they really think the kid's going to starve to death if he doesn't have the "right" plate?
August 19, 2019
kittehpeoples
I mean, do they really think the kid's going to starve to death if he doesn't have the "right" plate?

I'm sure one of the comments was a guy asking that very question. Cue a great big detailed spiel about how he NEEDS to eat his grilled cheese sandwich on this EXACT plate and how he sits in front of the dishwasher flapping around when it's being cleaned.

It sounds like he only eats one specific meal from this plate, which means he does eat from other plates for breakfast and dinner. It's pandering of the highest level to think that he couldn't adapt to a new plate.
August 19, 2019
lurker-derp
It sounds like he only eats one specific meal from this plate, which means he does eat from other plates for breakfast and dinner. It's pandering of the highest level to think that he couldn't adapt to a new plate.

Oh, that's even worse. Jeez.
August 19, 2019
He also "needs" to be wearing a yellow shirt when he eats his nuked cheese sandwich off this exact cartoon plate.

Idiots
When Daniel’s favorite plate is dirty, he’ll often stand by the dishwasher waiting for the cycle to end so he can use it in its proper form, flapping his arms and making a cheerful noise. As the boy’s needs are very specific, Tamar notes that he also exclusively uses the plate when wearing his favorite color which is yellow.

So does that mean this asshole has to wear a specific color and eat off specific plates for each meal? The parents are morons for enabling this bullshit behavior. Eventually, you need to put your foot down and tell your kid that they can eat off the plate you give them and like it or starve, tard or not.

I'd let his ass starve. Worst case scenario, he starves to death and no more awtard to worry about. Best case scenario, he learns to deal with not getting his own way all the time and life gets marginally easier for the rest of his family. Either way sounds good to me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login