Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"12 women with perfect responses for why they don't have kids"

Posted by yurble 
"12 women with perfect responses for why they don't have kids"
August 13, 2019
12 celebrity women respond to the question we've all heard a million times. Note, not all of them are CF, in fact one is pregnant, the article is just responses to the question that tell people to shut up.

• Cameron Diaz: "I have an unbelievable life."
  • Jennifer Westfeldt: "Regret ... doesn't seem like a compelling enough reason."
  • Zooey Deschanel: "Nobody asks a guy that." (Not CF)
  • Marisa Tomei: "I don't know why women need to have children to be seen as complete human beings."
  • Chelsea Handler: "Childhood was heartbreaking enough."
  • Oprah Winfrey: "If I had kids, my kids would hate me." (Not CF in my opinion, but opinions vary.)
  • Ellen DeGeneres: "I wouldn't want to screw them up."
  • Margaret Cho: "I ovulate sand." (Definitely sounds CF!)
  • Sarah Silverman: "I want to have kids when there's nothing else I want more." (Seems CL)
  • Kim Cattrall: "I have a headache."
  • Jennifer Aniston: "No one has the right to assume."
  • Gloria Steinem: "Everybody does not have to live in the same way."
Re: "12 women with perfect responses for why they don't have kids"
August 13, 2019
Lately I have run across a few female celebrities who appear to be giving CF signals:

The lovely and talented Shirley Manson has given interviews where she has expressed not having the maternal gene.
Same with Michelle Fairley, the actress who played Caitlyn Stark in Game of Thrones.
Same with Kristen Wigg who claims to be uninterested in marriage or kids.
Allison Janney is NMNK and does not seem interested in either.
August 14, 2019
I don't need celebrity validation but I think it is nice that more famous women are speaking openly about it. It raises attention to the bingo problem, and maybe it does make a few younger people realize there is a choice.
August 14, 2019
yurble
I don't need celebrity validation but I think it is nice that more famous women are speaking openly about it. It raises attention to the bingo problem, and maybe it does make a few younger people realize there is a choice.

It is good to see the celebrity validation because scads of people seem to really want it. The Honest Co, and J essica Simpson footwear, etc. prove that many people think celebrities are experts in fields beyond their talent. I think both companies earn the actors multi-million if not billions of dollars. And I've heard some insane numbers around Windsor royalty and how dresses sell out in less than hours after one of them wears it.

If a celebrity wants to sell me something he/she better have an extensive background in what is being sold otherwise I'm not listening. The "halo affect" of celebrities somehow being subject matter experts in fields unrelated is absurd. I can admire them for beating the odds to become a successful actor/famous in their field (as long as there is no nepotism or wealthy family to support them) because that is an achievement. I can also understand a certain amount of awe inspired by people who earn millions of dollars in a year for acting, etc. And if I hear someone spent $100K in a clothing store I'm likely to find it shocking and to wonder how it would feel to be able to drop $100K as if it were $100.

I also don't think celebrities or anyone should have to feel the need to validate their choice not to have kids. If anything, the unprepared are the ones that need to be validating why they're having kids.
August 14, 2019
Yes, there is value in celebrities amplifying the signal. Like freya, we're not going to necessarily jump on something because a celebrity does it, but it does help get the word out, so to speak.
August 16, 2019
I'm in the same camp as the rest of you guys, in the sense that I don't need validation from celebs about my personal lifestyle choices. I've never been that interested in their thoughts and opinions, even if I liked them in certain movies and TV shows.

The good thing about this is that celebs have a voice, and people do listen to them. They also have a great way of getting their messages across through media like TV interviews and magazines, and they reach a huge audience that many of us regular peeps wouldn't be able to do.
August 16, 2019
bell_flower
Lately I have run across a few female celebrities who appear to be giving CF signals:

The lovely and talented Shirley Manson has given interviews where she has expressed not having the maternal gene.
Same with Michelle Fairley, the actress who played Caitlyn Stark in Game of Thrones.
Same with Kristen Wigg who claims to be uninterested in marriage or kids.
Allison Janney is NMNK and does not seem interested in either.

Wiig is now engaged per TMZ

https://www.tmz.com/2019/08/16/kristen-wiig-engaged-longtime-boyfriend-avi-rothman/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login