Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ask Amy FAIL...You should consider allowing your 60 something husband to breed.

Posted by cfinboston 
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/advice/ask-amy-older-husband-considers-fathering-a-child/2019/08/13/0d02885a-b4a5-11e9-951e-de024209545d_story.html

Tl:dr Couple married for forty years and hubby angry he hasn't been able to baste a woman with his baby juice. Amy asks if LW would consider letting him be a sperm donor and coparenting.
Not only is it a fail because he should have figured this out years ago, but Amy is living in a dream world if she thinks that sperm clinics want a 60+ year old's semen when they can get it from 20-something guys. Male fertility may not decline as rapidly as female fertility, but it's well established that older men are more likely to father unhealthy children.
What a certified dumbfuck.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Is Amy higher than normal?

This is marital advice?
Would he be interested in being a sperm donor for another woman, and would you consider some sort of shared-parenting arrangement? If the answer for you is a firm “no,” then say so. But talk about it.

They might be using a turkey baster to accomplish this act, rather than fucking, but this is still bringing another woman and her child into an existing marriage. How can anyone think this is a good idea?

Honestly, he sounds like a whiny little bitch. I would bet money:

1. he's been hanging this over her head since the hysterectomy
2. he, like many other Wanna Breeds, has not taken any actions to make a contribution to a child's life via volunteering or fostering
3. because it's all about his dick working.

Sounds like the wife should have dumped him approximately 39 years ago. But it's not too late.
The kid would be halfway through a university degree trying to study while his father may be dying of dementia in the nursing home. While his/her friend's parents are in their 50's and he/she is being told by said friends that their parents are thinking retirement in Florida his/her's may be in the home wondering who he/she is.

That is not something to put on someone that age
cfdavep
The kid would be halfway through a university degree trying to study while his father may be dying of dementia in the nursing home. While his/her friend's parents are in their 50's and he/she is being told by said friends that their parents are thinking retirement in Florida his/her's may be in the home wondering who he/she is.

That is not something to put on someone that age

Since when do breeders give one damn about what is good for children?

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
The chances of a miscarriage double if the man is over 40, and anyone this desperate for sperm who can’t afford the good stuff from a bank is bound to be pushing 40 herself. The odds of a baby resulting from this arrangement is pretty low and the odds of one that isn’t defective is close to nil. Unless the guy is super rich and some enterprising young woman is interested in having his spawn for financial reasons. In either case, persuing it will likely ruin his life. Forget the Kodak moments. This guy is looking for financial drain and/or shared (or full) custody of a tardo.
bell_flower
Is Amy higher than normal?

Yes. Because this:

Amy the stoner
If the answer for you is a firm “no,” then say so. But talk about it.

doesn't make sense. If it's a firm no, what's there to talk about? "Hey, you could donate, but don't." Wtf.
If the moron wanted brats, why didn't he leave his wife when he knew she wouldn't be able to have them? Why this sudden urge to procreate at his age? I mean, I know, you're only as young as you feel and all that. I wonder why he never wanted to consider surrogacy - the cost, presumably.

Also, does he just want to make a kid? Or is he actually looking to raise one? Because there's a BIG difference between wanting to prove your dick works and wanting to raise another human being. From the way this lady has worded her letter, it sounds to me like he just wants to make a brat and not deal with it.

I'm guessing he's having a super-late midlife crisis and wants to achieve that imaginary biological immortality breeders seem to crave and that they use to justify having kids they don't need and can't care for. Or is this his way of saying he wants to fool around with another woman? I'm sure it's very possible that his wife may not have a sex drive that matches his and maybe by saying he wants to father a child, it would sound less hurtful than saying he just wants to bang someone else.

Sad to say, men can definitely still father children in their 60s. They may not be healthy children, but of course that doesn't matter to the guy because he won't have to be the one to get knocked up, give birth and raise the damn thing. No sperm bank is going to want his sperm, even if he's in perfect health.

Amy
Would he be interested in being a sperm donor for another woman, and would you consider some sort of shared-parenting arrangement? If the answer for you is a firm “no,” then say so. But talk about it.

I seriously doubt she'd be okay with helping him raise some other woman's child or with him dividing his time between two families, and odds are if he did somehow manage to knock someone up, the mother of his child would most likely become a priority over his unchilded wife and would most likely get pissy if he spent too much time with his wife. And what kind of woman would be okay with this arrangement where a married senior fathers a child with her and then stays married to his wife? What if she wanted child support? There are all kinds of people out there and I suppose it's possible that they could find someone willing to do this, but it could get ugly VERY quickly.

I'm thinking this guy just wants to have bareback sex with a hot young thing to prove he's still got it, but is enough of a "gentleman" to say he wants to be a father to make it sound more wholesome.
Dude would be welcome to father a kid with whoever he likes. After the divorce is finalized.
Cambion has a good point. He may already have a younger Wannabreed on the side who is eyeing his money and telling him he could be a dud.
Craftyzits: I think this is part of my signature...

I figured this out a long time ago by observation, if the best course of action for a (potential) child is not to have it, cue the mooing and blatting about they should still proceed despite all common sense saying 'no'.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
oh, and to add this from something (think I saw here) long back from a guy who was one of these 'I thought you'd change your mind' herd...and was bugging the wife to breed. "Let's have one child and then we'll be childfree." Guy had to have been a friggin moron

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
If it were my husband, I'd say, "Go ahead...sure, breed. But you can move in with your mistress and kid, and I'll be serving you with divorce papers." Fuck. That. Noise.
60 years old and he could not do something outstanding with his life?

Now he wants to breed and have a sextrophy?

Sounds like dementia is starting to sit in.
selidororous
60 years old and he could not do something outstanding with his life?

Now he wants to breed and have a sextrophy?

Sounds like dementia is starting to sit in.

pouring bleach on a brain pouring bleach on a brain pouring bleach on a brain pouring bleach on a brain

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
I'm convinced that Amy huffs diapers before she writes.

No sympathy for the dude who wants a kid at the wrong time for the wrong reasons. He doesn't get to say NOW that having kids is essential to him. That ship has sailed. Hell, it's already landed in four different ports, it left so long ago. The time to talk about the deal-breakers (sex, careers, kids, religion, money) is before you tie the fucking knot.

And donating to a sperm bank is a stupid middle-ground suggestion. He's too old--his sperm have lost a LOT of motility and the genetic material is starting to degrade. And as someone pointed out upthread, he'd essentially be unilaterally adding people to the marriage after forty years of (what I assume has been) a closed relationship. Even if he's not raising the kid, the bio mom or kid could hunt him down for information, money, or a relationship down the road. No way, Jose.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login