Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another school district expects parents to feed their kids.

Posted by cfinboston 
Re: Another school district expects parents to feed their kids.
September 16, 2019
Cambion
One of the districts where I live does free breakfast and free lunch for the students and they'll also send home broke students with backpacks stuffed with food every weekend to ensure they have something to eat between Friday afternoon and Monday morning. If you don't have enough food stamps to feed a child for two fucking days, you need your kids taken away, period. What in the fuck do these people do with their food stamps and benefits that they can't feed their own damn kids? I knew people whose parents were on the dole and they got so much fucking milk and eggs that they gave away gallons/dozens to everyone they knew and they still had too much for themselves.

Schools are practically raising kids for parents now. Why don't we just make all schools boarding schools? Seems like the schools are doing more for the kids than the damn parents are. They feed them two out of three meals a day, some schools do a free summer lunch program because the parents bitched about how will their kids eat when school's out, they bitch about not having enough money for the 25-cent poor lunch and then bitch about their kids getting sandwiches for free, and in a lot of cases, the environment a classroom provides is the only discipline and structure the kids have in their lives.

Just let the schools raise the kids for a fee and the kids can go home for the summer. There's a chance that they might be raised by competent people, unlike how they'd be raised at home.

There are locations in this country where food is not easily obtained. They are called "food deserts" where the only place a person without a car can obtain ANYTHING to eat is the local convenience market.

https://www.dosomething.org/us/facts/11-facts-about-food-deserts

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
September 16, 2019
I had never heard that term before. There's my new thing I learned for the day!

But while I can't speak for other places, I can tell you my area is by no means a food desert. Maybe some of the people who live WAY out in the woods would have more limited access to actual grocery stores, but they all have vehicles to haul their asses into civilization for food. I looked at a national atlas of food deserts and there is a tiny sliver on the map representing a food desert. The entire sliver is the river that runs through town. No other desert areas around for a few counties.

There are three big grocery stores in my immediate area (including a Walmart Supercenter). There are smaller mom-and-pop grocery stores, gas stations and country stores scattered around my part of the state because of the number of people who live out in no man's land. Almost all of them take food stamps.

I think what I'm trying to say is there is no lack of access to food in my area for anyone, and so they have no excuse to be pulling this shit where the schools feed entire families for entire weekends.
September 16, 2019
Cambion
If you don't have enough food stamps to feed a child for two fucking days, you need your kids taken away, period. What in the fuck do these people do with their food stamps and benefits that they can't feed their own damn kids? I knew people whose parents were on the dole and they got so much fucking milk and eggs that they gave away gallons/dozens to everyone they knew and they still had too much for themselves.

There are some breeders on food stamps sell their food stamps for a percentage on the dollar. They use the cash for drugs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login