An open letter to neighbors complaining about a baby
September 01, 2019
Some breeders wrote an open letter to their neighbors who complain.

Gee, I wonder what an open letter from the neighbors would look like:

Imaginary Neighbors
Dear Neighbors,

I am extremely introverted, to the point that I become irritable when I don't get enough time to myself. My partner suffers from anxiety. Both of us feel extremely drained after a full day of work, and we look forward to peace and quiet in our home. It's our time to relax, to recover from the stress of daily life. We are aware that living in a city entails some compromise, and believe me, we are compromising every minute of the day that we are outside the home. It's not unreasonable for us to want to be able to sleep, in our own home.

But you unilaterally decided to have a baby, knowing that you lived in a small apartment with thin walls. You think we should be understanding about the howling and midnight feedings, because "the human race would go extinct if nobody had kids." You think we should be sympathetic of the sleep deprivation YOU CHOSE. You think we should care if you were torn in half by childbirth, but you seem to forget that you are the one who wanted the kid. You, and nobody else. We don't give a fuck if he has colic or is teething, we just want quiet.

Somehow, we doubt that it was the fate of society that was on your mind when you decided not to adopt, but to create yet another consumer. Experts figure the planet will be unfit for human habitation by the time your precious little baby is an adult, and yet you have the nerve to call us selfish. Your kid is going to call you far worse, when the Amazon is ashes, the Arctic is water, and everyone is starving. But of course you were thinking of none of that, or about anyone else around you, only about what you wanted.

So spare us the suggestion that we should happily give up the expectation of quiet in our home, because you are just another set of self-centered assholes who think everyone should suffer for your choice. You have no concern about the quality of your child's life, so why should we? Fuck you.
Re: An open letter to neighbors complaining about a baby
September 06, 2019
of course, cf communities are verboten unless it's a 55+.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
November 17, 2019
Forgive the necromancy, but it actually happened; there was a response to this letter from someone who is childfree (well, childless by choice but hey, it's a start)! Behold:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/nov/16/a-letter-to-our-neighbours-with-a-baby

A letter to… our neighbours with a baby.

It’s been three years, and your child is now a lively and boisterous toddler. I hear her shouting with glee and running around until there is a crash, and then I hear your voices through our shared walls, scolding or soothing depending on the mishap. I don’t doubt you’re good parents. There seems to be a lot of love in your household.

My wife and I are childless through choice, but we have never judged anyone’s decision to become parents. This was tested to the limit when we moved in next door to you, only a few days before your daughter was born.

Now my wife and I have some experience of what it would be like to be new parents: we know how it feels to be woken several times a night by what, at that hour, has the effect on the nerves of a fire alarm. You chose to keep your daughter in the master bedroom with you: a single layer of brick was our only protection from months of nightly screaming. Her protracted wailing cost us dozens of hours of sleep at a time when our careers were stressful and demanding. It placed an unwelcome strain on our own relationship, and soured our enjoyment of our new home.

You never apologised, or even mentioned it. I saw no evidence you ever tried to mitigate the noise for our sake, by moving her to another room, say. I’ve known enough new parents to know it won’t have occurred to you to do so. We certainly never asked: in our child-worshipping culture, there is no more egregious social blunder than to request that a parent limit the disturbance caused by their young offspring. It’s assumed that we, a childless couple, don’t understand and have no right to comment.

We do understand parenthood is difficult and frustrating and, above all, exhausting. I’m sure that whatever we endured was orders of magnitude worse for you. However, as callous as this may sound, the world doesn’t stop just because you’ve had a child. The people around you have their own lives to cope with, their own problems that they don’t inflict on others. To expect them to share your discomfort is deeply selfish.

Last week I overheard you telling another neighbour that you’re having a second baby. I don’t expect you will show any more consideration for us than you did with your first. I just hope this one turns out to be a little quieter.
November 17, 2019
I saw that and was planning to post it as well! It started out pandering, but quickly got to dropping some truth bombs!
November 17, 2019
lurker-derp

A letter to… our neighbours with a baby.

It’s been three years, and your child is now a lively and boisterous toddler. I hear her shouting with glee and running around until there is a crash, and then I hear your voices through our shared walls, scolding or soothing depending on the mishap. I don’t doubt you’re good parents. There seems to be a lot of love in your household.

My wife and I are childless through choice, but we have never judged anyone’s decision to become parents. This was tested to the limit when we moved in next door to you, only a few days before your daughter was born.

Now my wife and I have some experience of what it would be like to be new parents: we know how it feels to be woken several times a night by what, at that hour, has the effect on the nerves of a fire alarm. You chose to keep your daughter in the master bedroom with you: a single layer of brick was our only protection from months of nightly screaming. Her protracted wailing cost us dozens of hours of sleep at a time when our careers were stressful and demanding. It placed an unwelcome strain on our own relationship, and soured our enjoyment of our new home.

You never apologised, or even mentioned it. I saw no evidence you ever tried to mitigate the noise for our sake, by moving her to another room, say. I’ve known enough new parents to know it won’t have occurred to you to do so. We certainly never asked: in our child-worshipping culture, there is no more egregious social blunder than to request that a parent limit the disturbance caused by their young offspring. It’s assumed that we, a childless couple, don’t understand and have no right to comment.

We do understand parenthood is difficult and frustrating and, above all, exhausting. I’m sure that whatever we endured was orders of magnitude worse for you. However, as callous as this may sound, the world doesn’t stop just because you’ve had a child. The people around you have their own lives to cope with, their own problems that they don’t inflict on others. To expect them to share your discomfort is deeply selfish.

Last week I overheard you telling another neighbour that you’re having a second baby. I don’t expect you will show any more consideration for us than you did with your first. I just hope this one turns out to be a little quieter.

I would not show this kind of courtesy, so it is just as well no one with brats lives near me.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
November 20, 2019
It has been awhile since I experienced loud neighbors with a baybee but if it happens again my neighbors can expect to be greeted with crying baby noises through the walls while they try to sleep. I would either record their baybee crying and put it on loop or find it elsewhere.

But, they can't bitch because it is a baybee (that never grows up)! And you know I would play that music as close to their wall as possible. And once I hear them making more noise/grumble I'd stop adjusting the music because I know I'd hit pay dirt. I'd make sure it is at a low hum in the evening and descends into loud and clear just as they are settling down to sleep. Turn a speaker to a wall and it will be much quieter to you in the same room than it will through a thin wall.

I can sleep in the room furthest from their wall and use a white noise generator. White noise generators should be standard in apartments anyways.

Perhaps the bints would be motivated enough to switch to a different bedroom.

Go ahead idiotic neighbors, tattle on me for a baybee crying. I can do the same for you.
November 20, 2019
LOL!!!

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
November 21, 2019
Yeah, that responding letter was a work of art. But no breeder would ever learn anything from it, of course.
November 22, 2019
freya
It has been awhile since I experienced loud neighbors with a baybee but if it happens again my neighbors can expect to be greeted with crying baby noises through the walls while they try to sleep. I would either record their baybee crying and put it on loop or find it elsewhere.

Haha, I would do the same thing. WTF are they gonna do if they don't like it? Complain?

I wish there were breeder exclusive apartments (I mean there already kind of are: section 8) so that way the only people who get kept up all night by screaming bastards are the people who chose to have them.

Moo
Aside from the advice that your baby should sleep in the same room as you until they are six months old to minimise the risk of cot death, why on earth would we move our baby into his own room early just so that you can sleep better? Why don’t you sleep in your spare room, if it bothers you that much? Or get some decent earplugs, perhaps?

Is that code word for co-sleeping? Because I'd say that increases the risk of infant death. And someone who is paying to live there who didn't choose to breed shouldn't have to be inconvenienced in their own fucking home or pay for earplugs because of someone else's brat. How's about you fuckers go live somewhere with walls that are thicker than paper? You make any kind of racket in an apartment, you can't not expect someone to bang on the floor/ceiling about it. They can shut right the hell up about the complaint too. Noise is noise and it doesn't matter if it's coming from a stereo, an animal or a brat's piehole. That's just how it is and nobody is going to care that your a new mother with a teething loaf when they get woke up every 30 minutes at night for something they didn't choose to have.

Not everyone is tolerant of "quiet fussing," Moo. If this were me, I'd gladly sit near the wall facing their bedroom and just scream bloody murder, run the vacuum, blast music, play an instrument or anything else insanely loud to see how they like being on the receiving end of that shit.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login