Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2 articles taking away adult rights for da kyds

Posted by cfuter 
2 articles taking away adult rights for da kyds
September 04, 2019
We've been talking about this kinda stuff on the CF boards since the 90s, and now it is coming true. I once told a rather smart educated former (non-smoking) co-worker this shit was gonna start happening, like parents won't be able to smoke at home, and he scoffed. I hope he thinks of me if he sees this now. They already have banned some outside smoking as it is in parks and inside in condos that you own, and they don't even want you on the balcony. I don't smoke but I think we should educate people and let them make their own choices, and let them live their adult lives as they raise their own kids. I don't think the government should get involved in sooo much.

https://patch.com/illinois/niles/s/gtxyl/smoking-kids-cars-il-now-illegal?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_term=politics%20%26%20government&utm_campaign=recirc&utm_content=aol

And here, no adult can enjoy a flavored vape anymore, becos a kiddie might like it too. And *20 yr olds* brains aren't fully developed yet. We gotta nanny the whole state and save everyone from themselves. I don't vape, but I would like to have the right to try it myself.

https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/michigan-bans-flavored-e-cigarettes-vaping-products-68152901780?cid=sm_npd_ms_tw_ma
Re: 2 articles taking away adult rights for da kyds
September 04, 2019
Presumably it is about protecting kids from second-hand smoke, rather than about kids seeing people smoking. I think it's kind of silly when there's so much damage breeders are allowed to do emotionally and physically, all perfectly legal. If people really want to protect kids from the horrible things their breeders might do to them, they'd introduce a parenting license to ensure that anyone who wants to breed is emotionally capable of caring for the children properly.

Meanwhile, I wish someone would take some care about protecting adults from second-hand smoke. It's impossible to sit at or even walk past a restaurant terrace without getting it full in the face, plus people are always loitering directly outside building doors and in bus shelters, inflicting it on everyone else.

But if any adult wants to smoke without affecting anyone else with it, I don't give a fuck. People can do what they want to their own bodies. The government should provide information about health risks and ensure that the product doesn't make false claims, then let people make their own choices.
September 04, 2019
It is to protect them, but I dont think we should micromanage what an adult can do in their own car w/ their own kids. Of course, they have to follow the rules of the road, but let parent live and parent. My friends still smoke, more of an occassional thing, they probably dont smoke at lunch or at work, etc. My friends and relatives who smoke actually "hide' it from their kids. This is just micromanaging the few who do, but you wonder why they felt to make a law for it. It really isn't much of a wide spread thing anymore. Shoud they forbid parents w/ kids under 17 from buying a house by a steel mill next? Make them move if they get pregnant or adopt? This bubblewrap will have tentacles in the long run
September 04, 2019
cfuter
It is to protect them, but I dont think we should micromanage what an adult can do in their own car w/ their own kids. Of course, they have to follow the rules of the road, but let parent live and parent. My friends still smoke, more of an occassional thing, they probably dont smoke at lunch or at work, etc. My friends and relatives who smoke actually "hide' it from their kids. This is just micromanaging the few who do, but you wonder why they felt to make a law for it. It really isn't much of a wide spread thing anymore. Shoud they forbid parents w/ kids under 17 from buying a house by a steel mill next? Make them move if they get pregnant or adopt? This bubblewrap will have tentacles in the long run

I do remember having to ride with a smoking chimney stack for a parent. They would do nothing but ignore me if I complained the smoke was hurting my lungs. I developed asthma as I got older thanks to this shit.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
September 06, 2019
We've all been there.
September 06, 2019
there's a part of me, having been forced on occasion to endure second hand smoke, and the arrogance of the smokers (these are the ones that contributed most to the backlash against smoking), that does not give a damn what they inflict on smokers. I realize some of it is over the top and totally intrusive, but again, in light of what I endured, they can whine all they want. shoe is on the other foot now and see how they like it.

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
September 07, 2019
twocents
there's a part of me, having been forced on occasion to endure second hand smoke, and the arrogance of the smokers (these are the ones that contributed most to the backlash against smoking), that does not give a damn what they inflict on smokers. I realize some of it is over the top and totally intrusive, but again, in light of what I endured, they can whine all they want. shoe is on the other foot now and see how they like it.

Yeah, it's hard for me to feel sympathetic as well. I'm so glad smoking is banned indoors everywhere now, but it's still annoying the times I do have to deal with it. I have asthma so I feel quite hostile when I have to smell smoke. I do have a few friends who smoke, they are just super considerate about it.

The ban about smoking in cars makes me laugh, because the ONLY people who are affected are breeders. I mean, they got themselves into that situation. The flavored e-cigs is another matter; I may not like them but I think adults should be allowed to use them. It's the responsibility of the government to determine the health risks and publicize them, and if they want to limit advertising or take other steps to discourage use, not to outright ban them. Prohibition has never been the best way of dealing with substances that only harm the user, all it does is help criminals make money.
September 08, 2019
I'm pissed off about this, because I'm a cigar smoker. A couple of years ago, the government decided to remove and ban all cigars that had any type of flavoring that may attract brats. One of my favorites was Blackstone Cherry filter tipped cigars. I can't get them anywhere anymore.

As an adult, I should have the right to smoke what I want. I also never smoke unless it's in MY home or car, away from others.

Why should I be fucking penalized because there are some idiots out there who aren't able to watch their kids? What about flavored liquor, like Rockaberry Wine Coolers and shit? It tastes like Kool-ade and kids always buy and drink that shit.

Why take away MY enjoyment? I don't have fucking sprogs.
September 09, 2019
mumofsixbirds
I'm pissed off about this, because I'm a cigar smoker. A couple of years ago, the government decided to remove and ban all cigars that had any type of flavoring that may attract brats. One of my favorites was Blackstone Cherry filter tipped cigars. I can't get them anywhere anymore.

As an adult, I should have the right to smoke what I want. I also never smoke unless it's in MY home or car, away from others.

Why should I be fucking penalized because there are some idiots out there who aren't able to watch their kids? What about flavored liquor, like Rockaberry Wine Coolers and shit? It tastes like Kool-ade and kids always buy and drink that shit.

Why take away MY enjoyment? I don't have fucking sprogs.

I don't get it. They have tons of 'soda' alcohol drinks now. I dont go to the liquor store that much, but have recently, I was surprised to see how many cute colorful single serving drinks there are in bins like a candy bin. Different shapes, cool names,...this is obviously to attract a younger, even if adult, consumer. Are we gonna ban this next? Doubtful. In fact, how many sweet Pina Colada type drinks have there been traditionally, and we never discuss banning these. Most kids always think they will never drink becuz all tastes nasty. But get those sweet tropical drinks and they are all in during the early years. I see teens on twitter talking about all the sweet drinks and wine cooler type drinks they drink at their parents' parties....yet....no ban.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login