Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Little shopping cart terrors

Posted by freya 
Little shopping cart terrors
September 12, 2019
Back with a little shopping cart terror story. Store is crazy and the minute I walk in I hear brats wailing/crying (in that spoiled brat cry where they have been denied something they want). Almost finished shopping and a terror with a loaded little shopping cart comes running full force into me. I didn't see terror until she was a foot or two away from me because there were people everywhere and I wasn't there to shop for flooring. Thank goodness terror hit my cart only but it did make a loud thud and knocked my eggs over. I told terror to stop the bullshit because moo/duh/keeper was MIA. There was a decent cross demographic of people in the store and that includes some elderly people who could have been sent to the hospital by such terror shenanigans.

I spoke with the manager about this and asked how many of those carts they had and if they would mind disposing of them, given my story and a great likelihood of similar stories. He said they had four and are now down to two and that moo/terrordom love them. Of course they do, keepers can pretend the carts occupy their terrors while they shop. We all know breeders don't give a shit if their brats are knocking other people over or putting them in the hospital as long as they don't have to watch them. Obviously he couldn't really do anything.

Then I see the breeder, complete with screeching voices I recognize from the minute I walked into the store. There were either three or four of those blasted mistakes, all on full volume. I told moo (after I asked and she acknowledged the mistake was one of hers) her terror was running with her cart and hitting customers. She tells the terror to stop and the terror takes off running with a now empty cart across the exit so all the store patrons have to wait on the little mistake to move. Terrors/mistakes with moo are still screaming at a fever pitch. Maybe this is that "gentle discipline" be a friend to your brats crap we're always hearing about? Just tell them stop and your job is done. Meanwhile ignore them while they scream and run around like a wildebeest on crack.

You can bet those two little carts will vanish, stat. I just didn't want to be obvious about it tonight. Already spotted a dumpster behind the store on the walk out that the carts belong in.
Re: Little shopping cart terrors
September 12, 2019
freya
You can bet those two little carts will vanish, stat. I just didn't want to be obvious about it tonight. Already spotted a dumpster behind the store on the walk out that the carts belong in.

Perfect. Do it.

Everyone I know who works in a grocery store/other cart-using retail establishment HATES pretty much ALL types of "special" carts for moms and kids. The racecar ones don't nest and are more likely to cause obstructions because they're bigger. The little kiddie ones are invariably involved in the types of antics you described. I'm willing to bet there are several employees who'd hold the dumpster lid open for you.
September 13, 2019
Just make sure there are no cameras.
September 13, 2019
randomcfchick

Everyone I know who works in a grocery store/other cart-using retail establishment HATES pretty much ALL types of "special" carts for moms and kids. The racecar ones don't nest and are more likely to cause obstructions because they're bigger. The little kiddie ones are invariably involved in the types of antics you described.
You are quite right about the racecar ones. Also not only do they not nest (and can prevent other carts from nesting depending on where they are in the cart return) the plastic cabins where the kids sit is a perfect spot to hide almost any small shoplifted items you can think of. Plus they are a massive bitch and time sink to clean, so any crumbs, napkins, spilled juice etc. can get left in there for days, as often the cart people are too time strapped and busy (or are teenagers or lower fuctioning adults that often don't give a damn) to bother cleaning the cabins. The kids also like to climb on the outside of the cabins, so there is the risk of a child falling off as well thus adding lawsuit potential by a parent for the store.

These kiddy carts are insanely a bad idea, but stores get no choice but to put them in, because 'Moms and little kids like them.'
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login