Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just make them go to school anyway

Just make them go to school anyway
September 20, 2019
Ugh. I wish CF people controlled the media. Some guy on the radio was polling people about letting sick kids stay home, and he said that if his kids “just” have a sore throat or a runny nose, he makes them go to school. I have bad news for you duh, if your kids have a sore throat and runny nose they ARE ALREADY SICK. The sore throat is their lymph nodes I think swelling. It and the runny nose are both immune responses because something is ALREADY in their body. Then the dad said “but if they’re whooping they can stay home.” I’m sorry, what? Whooping? I’ve never heard that in my life. I’ve heard of whooping cough, though. And if your kids get whooping cough, you’re a bad parent for not vaccinating them.

I mean really. I’m not a fan of gentle discipline and shit. If my sister or I were bad we got spanked or smacked, etc. but even by our standards, that’s insane. If we were sick we were allowed to stay home. And no, we didn’t take advantage of that or lie. We learned not to lie to our parents and if we thought we needed a mental break, we were forthcoming about that too. There were standards of course, we didn’t skip a lot. Probably fewer than 5 days a year.

This is just ridiculous though. This duh is going to get everyone else’s kids sick if he’s telling them they have to go short of whooping cough. But what do I know PMYABP, right?

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
Re: Just make them go to school anyway
September 20, 2019
I remember when I was in Elementary school, it had to be closed down for awhile because nearly all of the kids (myself included) got super sick from a bad cough. I remember coughing until I was throwing up. It was awful. I don't think it was whooping cough, but nearly half of the school was infected with it. It was probably just one kid whose parents decided he or she was well enough to go to school that day.
September 20, 2019
A problem with many diseases is that they have incubation times when the kid is asymptomatic. That means no hint that the kid was about to become violently ill with God knows what. Children are petri dishes and will get each other sick.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
September 20, 2019
Parents send their kids to school sick for one reason: because they don't want to deal with the coughing, crying, whining, and bodily fluids anymore than they have to. Send the kids to school to cough and puke and ignore the inevitable phone calls from the nurse to come pick up their little mobile petri dishes because they're hacking up blood and running a 103-degree fever. Because parenting makes you a better person. eye rolling smiley

Let the kid stay home if they're sick, for fuck's sake. Sending them off to school is going to just get everyone else sick, the kid will be a lot more miserable, and I suppose it's entirely possible they could take longer to recover without getting more rest than usual.

Adults might be able to handle working while sick and can choose to work sick, but that doesn't mean kids can.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login