Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

An adoption nightmare

Posted by cfdavep 
An adoption nightmare
September 24, 2019
https://news.yahoo.com/woman-accused-abandoning-adopted-daughter-154617265.html

Couple adopts what they think is an 8 year old girl from the Ukraine, girl turns out to be a "22 year old mental defect" that the Ukraine was wanting to get rid of provided they could fool the right person. According to the adoptive parents the girl was a horror who threatened to kill them a # of times and they dumped her in an apt in Indiana, paying the rent for maybe a year and moving to Canada. The girl was evicted and the court is trying to sort out the facts. God this is a creepy story.
Re: An adoption nightmare
September 24, 2019
Without reading the article, I think this is bullshit. From what I know of international adoptions, there is a lot of paperwork, and that paperwork would have given the age as 8. Then, at immigration, they would have seen that the person didn't match the paperwork, since she was clearly much older than 8. I sincerely doubt this entire adoption was processed without them finding out.
September 24, 2019
I was also thinking that could be the case. It could be that the kid was too much to handle and they got caught with her and found a way out of it where they won't get called on it. When people adopt an older kid they may get caught with a terror.

The kid really doesn't look 22 in the pic, so who knows what went on, maybe it was just plain regret and the kid paid for it
September 24, 2019
Orphan, Part Two. This time it happens in Indiana.
September 25, 2019
I think this could possibly be true. The article states the kid's age was legally changed to 22.

I also know foreign adoptions can be really shady.
September 27, 2019
There have been warnings about adoptions from certain countries for years. Also, some countries clearly disdain the practice, and those were the ones many foreigners had preferred. Russia curtailed foreigners from adopting, and China tightened the rules several years ago. What's left, such as Ukraine, should lead would-be adoptive parents to beware.

We have children waiting for adoption here in the US. There have been some horror stories about birth parents changing their mind, but that doesn't happen as much as some seem to think. Why go overseas?
September 27, 2019
kman
We have children waiting for adoption here in the US. There have been some horror stories about birth parents changing their mind, but that doesn't happen as much as some seem to think. Why go overseas?

One word; money. It costs a lot to get a kid in the USA, even an older foster brat in the system costs an arm and a leg.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login