Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Parent writes "cute" article about whining.

Posted by bell_flower 
Parent writes "cute" article about whining.
September 30, 2019

And our American children, ages 11 and 9, whined everywhere: hiking on the beautiful coastline of New Zealand’s South Island, swimming in a water park in Dubai, watching a homecoming parade down Main Street of a small Kansas town. (“They’re throwing more candy to the other kids!”) As we rode horses through the Costa Rican jungle, the sound of howler monkeys expressing their discontent failed to drown out the sound of our children expressing theirs. I now consider myself a keen amateur scholar of whining.

Um, I don't think so.
Re: Parent writes "cute" article about whining.
September 30, 2019
My mother would have never put up with that shit.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
September 30, 2019
And for $25.20 you can read all about the whines the author put up with from his sprogs on the year around the world trip. It is the perfect angle to sell a book because everyone is looking to pay for a big bunch of whine mixed with an overdose of humble brag. The whining in the news just isn't cutting it anymore.

I wonder how long it takes him to talk about how fortunate they are to travel the world. Bet that is in the first chapter if not the prologue. Bet he has been dying to broadcast that for years along with lots of other self-congratulatory back pats inter-dispersed among the brat whines. Bet they describe themselves as privileged and spaghetti monster knows what else. Guessing the book makes the trip wholly or partly tax deductible. I bet their kids have some righteous names. Gag me.

Guess duh and moo still haven't figured out their kid's obnoxious whining is a direct manifestation of their poor parenting. A humble brag is simply a "refined" whine anyways, duh.
September 30, 2019
freya
And for $25.20 you can read all about the whines the author put up with from his sprogs on the year around the world trip. It is the perfect angle to sell a book because everyone is looking to pay for a big bunch of whine mixed with an overdose of humble brag. The whining in the news just isn't cutting it anymore.

I wonder how long it takes him to talk about how fortunate they are to travel the world. Bet that is in the first chapter if not the prologue. Bet he has been dying to broadcast that for years along with lots of other self-congratulatory back pats inter-dispersed among the brat whines. Bet they describe themselves as privileged and spaghetti monster knows what else. Guessing the book makes the trip wholly or partly tax deductible. I bet their kids have some righteous names. Gag me.

Guess duh and moo still haven't figured out their kid's obnoxious whining is a direct manifestation of their poor parenting. A humble brag is simply a "refined" whine anyways, duh.

beating with a lol hammer

dancing

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
October 01, 2019
It turns out there is something worse than people who are convinced that where they were born is the best place in the world, despite never having seen anything else in the world. And it's these people, who haul themselves and their carbon burdens all over the world and never find a single place they can appreciate.
October 01, 2019
Imagine all the whining during plane or boat trips! That must've sat reallll well with the other people trying to relax for their trips and have a good time. What a bunch of entitled assholes.
October 01, 2019
This paragraph says all I need to know about what kind of parent this guy is;

WTH kind of New Age-y Psycho-Babble Parunting is this?
We are taught that the ideal way to respond to whining is with exaggerated kindness: I understand that you feel upset because this isn’t going the way you wanted it to. That must be frustrating. The resulting disparity between the emotion we feel and the expression we deliver seems emblematic of parenting, where so much of our energy goes toward battling our instincts in order to do that which is right.

Needless to say, we fail at this quite often, and so our first response to whining is, not infrequently, “Stop whining,” a phrase that has never, in the history of human parenting, stopped whining.

Dud, you should go with your first response and tell you kid to stop whining and BACK IT UP WITH A NEGATIVE CONSEQUENCE.

And contrary to your limited understanding of parental history, this worked just fine for kids raised in the 30's, 40's 50's 60's and 70's. All my parents had to say was "stop doing X, Y or Z" and I fell in line because I knew there would be consequences if I did not. And in reality, most of the time it didn't even require words--the stink eye was all it took and we corrected ourselves because we knew what was coming if we did not.

Go somewhere and act like a whiny little bitch? You won't be going there again or you will be grounded or you'll lose some privilege.

It's really not rocket science.
October 01, 2019
whined while on a jungle trip on costa rica?

missed their opportunity to ditch the whining for good...

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
October 02, 2019
If I'd paid to take them somewhere and they complained about it, their first trip would be their last. Why tolerate that shit?
October 02, 2019
kittehpeoples
If I'd paid to take them somewhere and they complained about it, their first trip would be their last. Why tolerate that shit?

If the kid is in pain that is a reason to complain. However, if the kid is just bored, he or she may not be old enough to appreciate the outing. Some moos will not pay attention when their children are in pain.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
October 03, 2019
craftyzits
kittehpeoples

If the kid is in pain that is a reason to complain. However, if the kid is just bored, he or she may not be old enough to appreciate the outing. Some moos will not pay attention when their children are in pain.

True, but I didn't get the impression this was that sort of complaining.
November 06, 2019
My parents wouldn't have tolerated that for a New York minute. Next time, they should put the little whiners in a bible camp and go on vacation without them.
November 09, 2019
ellen peck wrote a sentence or two about this in her classic the baby trap.

not sure if they were friends, or where she got the info from but some parents had gone on a trip through europe and had made the (very bad) mistake of taking their shit brats along. they said all the llittle bastards did was whine. I think after a day or two I would have contacted someone back home and shipped their little assholes back.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login