Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Someone asks Reddit what it's like to regret having children

Posted by Cambion 
Someone asks Reddit what it's like to regret having children
October 19, 2019
https://old.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/djwn1w/what_is_it_like_to_regret_having_children/

Answers include:

"You feel trapped."

"But can I be honest with him and tell him I never wanted him? Nope. I have to keep the illusion alive as long as possible to not fuck up his life anymore than it already is."

"I don't regret having my daughter. I regret telling my wife I wanted children."

"I'm putting on an act every day so that they never have a clue I didn't want to make them."

"It's like serving a prison sentence."

"It’s soul crushing."

"I opted out, before I could regret it."

"My husband and I have like parenthood to Stockholm syndrome."

And of course, plenty of people saying, "Go ask your parents" because it's Reddit. So you mean to tell me it's not different when it's your own? eye rolling smiley
Re: Someone asks Reddit what it's like to regret having children
October 19, 2019
Wow Cambion. Lots of gold in this link. I appreciate the candor in these comments.

I like these, from a bystander reading the replies and being convinced parunting isn't for them. Maybe reality changed their minds or perhaps they were already bratfree:

"Being a SAHM sounds like an death sentence. I can’t imagine anything more unfulfilling"

"Reading all these stories reaffirms my desire to never have kids and get a vasectomy asap"

"If you don't want kids and your partner does, then you are not the right person for them and they are not the right person for you."

"Forcing someone to have kids they don’t want will just make you hate your partner and your kids."

And someone referenced this gem:
https://commercialsociety.wordpress.com/2019/10/13/hotels-com-captain-obvious-reminds-these-jealous-moms-about-condoms/

Enjoy!
October 19, 2019

I think everyone should read this thread.

So many people, me included, have children without thinking about it. Like I thought more about what yoghurt to buy in the grocery store yesterday than I did about whether or not we should have children.

What CF people have said all along: we put a lot more thought into it, so it's fucking ridiculous that we are always having our choices second-guessed.
October 19, 2019
The people running the USA want lots of cannon fodder for their endless wars, so in that end they put out 24/7/365 propaganda and 'Kodak moments' for having lots of brats. The GOP is also seeking to make it difficult if not impossible for people to avoid brats in many areas by making even birth control difficult to obtain.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
October 20, 2019
yurble

I think everyone should read this thread.

So many people, me included, have children without thinking about it. Like I thought more about what yoghurt to buy in the grocery store yesterday than I did about whether or not we should have children.

What CF people have said all along: we put a lot more thought into it, so it's fucking ridiculous that we are always having our choices second-guessed.

It's a lot of factors, I think. People not thinking in general, people only thinking about the Kodak moments and not the shit work involved, people not using birth control or being consistent about using it, oopsing, people thinking a baby will fix their lives/marriages, people thinking a loaf (accidental or otherwise) is an ideal response to a midlife crisis, and people who think that keeping the child is the only way to deal with an unwanted pregnancy.

Apparently, our choices are second-guessed because we think instead of spontaneously doing dumb shit like everyone else. We can see the writing on the wall, so why can't they?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login